Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 AM

Ive never used one but from what i hear they are simply a non scented 4 inch white tube jig with a trailer wired on. Nothin too special about em, i was expecting something fancy. But maybe im wrong.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:16 PM

Default Bondy's

Looks like Gord Pyzer is throwing a Bondy Bait mentioned earlier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KOCw...eature=related
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM

I will be definetely be trying that one. I'm sold!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:30 PM

Just curious but besides the stores that sell cold lake specials, who actually makes them?

Is it some mysterious man in his basement supplying wholesale for thousands of dollars worth of in store credit?! Or just ordered wholesale from China for 10cents a pop shipped in by the millions on ocean freighters?

Anyone know?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambread View Post
just curious but besides the stores that sell cold lake specials, who actually makes them?

Is it some mysterious man in his basement supplying wholesale for thousands of dollars worth of in store credit?! Or just ordered wholesale from china for 10cents a pop shipped in by the millions on ocean freighters?

Anyone know?
his name is blake is family smal bisnes cheers mario
Old 03-12-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMBREAD View Post
Just curious but besides the stores that sell cold lake specials, who actually makes them?

Is it some mysterious man in his basement supplying wholesale for thousands of dollars worth of in store credit?! Or just ordered wholesale from China for 10cents a pop shipped in by the millions on ocean freighters?

Anyone know?
The guy works at WSS on the north end in the Archery side.
The bad think about the CLS is the main hook does not have a barb and minnows will not stay on.
Safe your money and just buy a Large jig head with a white rubber jig tail ,same as you use for walleye,just go heaver.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
The guy works at WSS on the north end in the Archery side.
The bad think about the CLS is the main hook does not have a barb and minnows will not stay on.
Safe your money and just buy a Large jig head with a white rubber jig tail ,same as you use for walleye,just go heaver.
This annoys me as well although I remember seeing some of the ones in store now having a barbed hook so maybe he switched now. I never understood why he used a barbless main hook and a barbed stinger treble lol.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Here it is: Never worked for me so I guess some must hold their nose just the right way!!!IMG_1522.jpg
Old 03-12-2017, 10:49 PM

I use cold lake tubes from T. C. MOTO CUSTOM BAITS.

Mack
Old 03-12-2017, 11:02 PM

Contact Willowtrail on the forum here. He makes them and better than the cold lake specials.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 03-13-2017, 01:39 PM

Default Exactly-oto Mr Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
I use cold lake tubes from T. C. MOTO CUSTOM BAITS.

Mack
Premium baits made with premium components combined with innovated designs. Worth every penny and then some!!! You can pick them up at the Fishin' Hole.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Contact Willowtrail on the forum here. He makes them and better than the cold lake specials.
X2 superior product.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Does he sell them from home? or are his product available somewhere to buy?
Old 03-13-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lromanchuk View Post
Does he sell them from home? or are his product available somewhere to buy?
from home you would have to contact him.
I use his hooks then just buy my favorite tubes separate.
I caught a laker on 7 different colors of tubes last weekend. Pretty nice to be able to have that kind of freedom of picking my own colors.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
Premium baits made with premium components combined with innovated designs. Worth every penny and then some!!! You can pick them up at the Fishin' Hole.
Yup will be using them in a couple weeks for sure... quality is great

Mack
Old 03-13-2017, 09:13 PM

I like the TC ones as well although a bit pricey. Nice thing is that you can just buy spare tubes and then replace them, the hard part is getting the good tube jig head with stinger so a guy needs to buy some of the pre-assembled ones first.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 PM
Banned

A clackin rap tipped with a minnow tail will out fish the special,I proved it a week ago.I iced 17 lakers and buddy iced 4 on the special.I also had another 10 missed strikes.No flasher or fancy garbage,just started deep and worked our way in,good old fashion hard work paid off.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
A clackin rap tipped with a minnow tail will out fish the special,I proved it a week ago.I iced 17 lakers and buddy iced 4 on the special.I also had another 10 missed strikes.No flasher or fancy garbage,just started deep and worked our way in,good old fashion hard work paid off.
A T. C. And a suckered not looking for 17 small one just one or two big girls in 3 days is OK with me.

Mack
Old 03-14-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Yup will be using them in a couple weeks for sure... quality is great

Mack
Ask for the chitty kitty or blue whale colours.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:37 AM

The most underrated and highly effective Laker jigging lure is the Buzz Bomb. When it slows down and the fish are short striking or bumping and not committing, a buzz bomb often is the ticket .....
Old 03-14-2017, 10:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The most underrated and highly effective Laker jigging lure is the Buzz Bomb. When it slows down and the fish are short striking or bumping and not committing, a buzz bomb often is the ticket .....
Blue and white!
Pink and white!

Shhhhhh

image.jpg

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-14-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Thanks for the tip!!
Old 03-14-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
Flasher or fancy garbage? Lol sounds like you were on the ice when they were biting. Ill take my chances with my flasher and fancy garbage any day of the week..

cheers
Old 03-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbok View Post
Flasher or fancy garbage? Lol sounds like you were on the ice when they were biting. Ill take my chances with my flasher and fancy garbage any day of the week..

cheers
ACTUALLY i'VE HAD EXC LUCK EVERYTIME AND HE WANTED TO BET AGAINST MY METHOD.There were 6 of us and I caught the most and the biggest...16lbs approx
Old 03-14-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
Ask for the chitty kitty or blue whale colours.
I like the plankton as well fantastic color combos.

Mack
Old 03-15-2017, 12:38 AM

A 3/4 or even 1/2 once tube lead jig,slides into the 3inch tube,you don't want it to fall fast the slower the better,on the way up faster,i have been using them for 20 years ,the smaller the bait attached is good,to big then you lose hits and may need to trailer hook well hidden.When jigging for trout you line slides back on your eye where it's tied ,I always slide it to where the jig sits vertical,if I am in 250 feet of water I drop and count how many turns to the top,the I do intervals of ten cranks and keep track till I get a hit,i like fishing for lakers on deep steps starting in forty feet or so and working my way out with a tube,i like the rubbery ones that are covered in salt in bulk section,if it's slow ad piece of tinsel tail off your christmas tree to the tube with shot of gorilla glue.i have got hundreds if not thousands on a tube,in some lakes 70 a day by myself.They also for good pike walleye,catfish in the dark colours.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
A 3/4 or even 1/2 once tube lead jig,slides into the 3inch tube,you don't want it to fall fast the slower the better,on the way up faster,i have been using them for 20 years ,the smaller the bait attached is good,to big then you lose hits and may need to trailer hook well hidden.When jigging for trout you line slides back on your eye where it's tied ,I always slide it to where the jig sits vertical,if I am in 250 feet of water I drop and count how many turns to the top,the I do intervals of ten cranks and keep track till I get a hit,i like fishing for lakers on deep steps starting in forty feet or so and working my way out with a tube,i like the rubbery ones that are covered in salt in bulk section,if it's slow ad piece of tinsel tail off your christmas tree to the tube with shot of gorilla glue.i have got hundreds if not thousands on a tube,in some lakes 70 a day by myself.They also for good pike walleye,catfish in the dark colours.

Gonna try those!! Do you find you have the best luck on white? Thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 01:50 PM

White is a dominant colour in bait fish ,so I use this colour 90 percent of the time,when attaching your swivel .tie it on and cut about four feet of line off then re tie the swivel to the end you just cut,this way when the fish is just below the ice your swivel lets you know where your fish is and not force him into the hole to fast,if you have five feet of ice cut 6 feet off,always buy good swivels,and don't go crazy on to heavy a line,i use 8 to 14 pound test,just set your drag well and your good to go.LakeTrout have softer mouths so if you horse them they rip the hook out if there is no give in your line when a big one makes a run,make sure your reel has plenty of line ,big trout take long runs and then another,so line choice is important.The cracklen rap does work well for lakers even better for big walleyes,there dozens of real good trout baits,i 3/4 once chartreuse green round jig with a good sizes minnow can do well,just remember on the drop to slowly drop it,givem a chance to grab it.i sometimes dip my white tubes in gulp juice for a couple seconds,that stuff does work,i have tested it on thousands of walleyes when I guide in the spring and summer.In some lakes not so good others real good.

Last edited by JD848; 03-15-2017 at 02:18 PM.