Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Default uculet fishinh trip update

Hello all, well we returned last nite from 4 days at uculet. The seas were averaging 2 meters all the time we were there and the wind did not let up either at 20 miles an hour. We were in a 32 foot boat which helped a lot but the conditions were brutal to say the least. We were able to get into the Chinooks using white hootchies and flouresent green teaser heads with anchovies. Every salmon that we caught was a female and the salmon were all over 15 pounds. We averaged around 4-5 salmon per day. We fished just outside the harbor at the lighthouse and also we went 5 miles north to another bay. We had a monster halibut on but alas it got away. I saw two 14 pound kohos and that was all of the koho that we saw or heard about on our trip. We were not able to get out to south bank but those who got out there didn't fair any better than we did. I got to run from port albery to uculet by boat and back and it was a bucket list trip. The scenery was beyond what I expected truly amazing. Oh yea the fog was with us for half the trip as well so we had to rely on our sonar equipment, you would be a big fool to go out there without that! All in all one of the best trips I have been on.

Cheers Goose