Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-12-2016, 01:50 PM

Default Cabelas instinct scope - sale

Hey Guys, did a quick search on the Cabela's Instinct Euro Riflescope and couldn't find much. From what I've read on reviews, being a copy of the old Zeiss product and assembled by Meopta in the US the glass is supposed to be pretty good for a fairly low price. I see them on sale at Cabelas almost 25% off ($575 .vs. $740) for the 4-12x50mm. Thoughts on this scope?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 PM

Looks like it gets really good reviews. I would also be interested in a review from someone on AO. I was looking at buying a Swarovski Z3, but it's $1200. I might give the cabala's scope a try.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:04 PM

Wonder if it would hold up to a autoloader, m305. My eyes could use the help
Old 04-15-2016, 06:52 AM

I cannot really comment on the Cabelas Instinct, but I bought a Z3 42mm recently and it is by far the best scope I've ever owned. No question the cost is high and by any report Zeiss/Meopta are great products, but the Z3 is just so crisp and bright.

Check the mass of each scope too - I ended up choosing the Z3 over comparably priced options from Zeiss, Nightforce, Vortex, etc because it was only 12.7 ounces.

Best of luck.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:04 AM

Where did you purchase your Z3? I went to cabelas last night and unfortunately they don't carry the Z3 in the plex reticle. I'm not a fan of the BRX or BRH with the elavation lines on the crosshairs. Anyone know of any other Swarovski dealers in Edmonton.

Also looked at the cabelas instinct in comparison. Nice scope, good glass, however not comparable to the Z3. Also FYI the 4-12 cabelas instinct scope was not on sale. The 3-9 was $50 off and $529, but the 4-12 was full price $699.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinjoels View Post
Where did you purchase your Z3? I went to cabelas last night and unfortunately they don't carry the Z3 in the plex reticle. I'm not a fan of the BRX or BRH with the elavation lines on the crosshairs. Anyone know of any other Swarovski dealers in Edmonton.

Also looked at the cabelas instinct in comparison. Nice scope, good glass, however not comparable to the Z3. Also FYI the 4-12 cabelas instinct scope was not on sale. The 3-9 was $50 off and $529, but the 4-12 was full price $699.
I bought it at Cabelas - BRX reticle though. Calgary Shooting Center also has them.

They don't get big by being dumb.