Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-02-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Ugh what the , listening to Eric Francis at the break, and he's talking about players Flames could be looking at with the Frolik $$ available. He's listing players and then drops and Zach Kassian. Like why man

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Don’t think you need to worry about a Kassian trade. Oilers ain’t letting him go and I’m pretty sure he will take a discount to stay in Edmonton.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Big Win, needed that.
Fun game to be at. Took my daughter before she heads back to U.
Lots of energy in the Dome.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Don’t think you need to worry about a Kassian trade. Oilers ain’t letting him go and I’m pretty sure he will take a discount to stay in Edmonton.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I. Seem to at one point last season hearing he was asking for a trade.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I. Seem to at one point last season hearing he was asking for a trade.
Yep, when he was on the 3rd and 4th line. He has a contract year coming up and he would be crazy to want a trade at this point. As long as he plays with either McDavid or Draisaitl I see his pace staying the same which would be his best numbers ever.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:50 PM

The Flalmes have 2 if the worst broadcasters in the game. Both know-it-alls. Eric Francis and Loubardis.

When Francis worked with Sutter he always knew more about the fame and Lou is just insufferable.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
He claimed he didn’t and that his agent did ??? He’s in a pretty good spot now. He ain’t gonna be cheap though. I guess it’s up to Holland and what he wants to pay. Sounds like 4x4 or around there somewhere. May be his last contract so he will probably want term. I think we need him he’s tough, can trash talk and put the puck In the net. He’s also a favourite on the team with his peers.

Or maybe I’m wrong and he will leave back to Ontario and the leafs and bring McD along with him since they both want out 🤦🏼*♂️
Old 01-03-2020, 10:10 PM

We don’t want Kassian. As said he would be stupid not to finish year as Oilers are going to pay. I think he gets exactly what Ferland got in Vancouver when all said and done

Quote:
He claimed he didn’t and that his agent did ??? He’s in a pretty good spot now. He ain’t gonna be cheap though. I guess it’s up to Holland and what he wants to pay. Sounds like 4x4 or around there somewhere. May be his last contract so he will probably want term. I think we need him he’s tough, can trash talk and put the puck In the net. He’s also a favourite on the team with his peers.

Or maybe I’m wrong and he will leave back to Ontario and the leafs and bring McD along with him since they both want out 🤦🏼*♂️
Old 01-03-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
We don’t want Kassian. As said he would be stupid not to finish year as Oilers are going to pay. I think he gets exactly what Ferland got in Vancouver when all said and done
That’s what I was thinking to for a comparable.

So where are, the Flames gonna spend their new found wealth ?
Old 01-04-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:

ZACK KASSIAN, RW, $1.95 million in one article I read, actually a good price, is it just me that want's to see him and Tkachuck as line mates??
Old 01-04-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
ZACK KASSIAN, RW, $1.95 million in one article I read, actually a good price, is it just me that want's to see him and Tkachuck as line mates??
Nope. Pretty sure Tkachuck would rather that to. He’s making 2m this year but that’s going to go up. And it should. One of the few Oilers who has earned a raise.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
That would be a fun line. Trade ya Neal for Chucky ?!
Old 01-05-2020, 09:34 AM

Flames fan today can’t let the wild join the pack in the mess we call the western conference. Van is on an absolute heater right now with 7 straight wins. Watched them play Rangers last night. They were dominated by the rangers and still managed to win. Desert Dogs aren’t letting up even without Number one goalie. Oil and flames battling to keep a float. Winnipeg is floundering. Gonna be an interesting back half for these Canadian clubs vying for a playoff spot.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:12 PM

It's so tight in the West, going to be a crazy finish.
Rittich getting the start today, hhmm not sure I would have gone that way.
give the guy a rest.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Shoot out.....
Old 01-05-2020, 08:06 PM

Won one they needed to win. Talbot's turn for sure.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 01-05-2020, 09:02 PM

Why can't the refs go a single game without missing a blatant call or calling something that isn't a penalty? Gio's call in overtime was ridiculous! I suggested buddy got his stick tangled up in Gio's skates and tripped over it when he skated away, buddy thought Gio got it for being stronger.

Glad they came away with two points though.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Why can't the refs go a single game without missing a blatant call or calling something that isn't a penalty? Gio's call in overtime was ridiculous! I suggested buddy got his stick tangled up in Gio's skates and tripped over it when he skated away, buddy thought Gio got it for being stronger.

Glad they came away with two points though.
Brutal call, we have been hit with so many calls in OT this season, so glad they fought through that one. Rittich was shaky specially early, and even OT was dicey. Tough 2 points, Loooooch got us started, and we're back in a playoff spot. Canada wins and all in all a good hockey day. Hard on my nerves though.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:45 PM

Sounds like Jankowski is out and Rinaldo is in. I like the lineup better when Rinaldo is playing. He can put a few points on the board (3 pts in 8 games), hit, fight, and brings a heck of a lot more energy and passion than Jankowski seems too.

Also, Talbot is starting.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Sounds like Jankowski is out and Rinaldo is in. I like the lineup better when Rinaldo is playing. He can put a few points on the board (3 pts in 8 games), hit, fight, and brings a heck of a lot more energy and passion than Jankowski seems too.

Also, Talbot is starting.
I agree with your assessment on Rinaldo...He brings much more energy...I hardly notice Jank out on the ice anyways. Maybe time for him to try another team.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
I agree with your assessment on Rinaldo...He brings much more energy...I hardly notice Jank out on the ice anyways. Maybe time for him to try another team.
That's because he is barely noticeable. According to the NHL stats page, in 35 games played, 0 goals (least on the team), 1 assist (least on the team), -13 (2nd lowest on the team), 19 shots (2nd least on the team (guy who has less has only played 8 games)), etc. Maybe all he's doing is killing penalties, but he's killing the with at least three other guys, all of whom seem to be contributing more.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
That's because he is barely noticeable. According to the NHL stats page, in 35 games played, 0 goals (least on the team), 1 assist (least on the team), -13 (2nd lowest on the team), 19 shots (2nd least on the team (guy who has less has only played 8 games)), etc. Maybe all he's doing is killing penalties, but he's killing the with at least three other guys, all of whom seem to be contributing more.
Janko is having just a brutal year. I can see him in a package ( if anyone wants him) with maybe Bennett, at the trade deadline. Put that with the $$ from Frolik and maybe get a key piece for the second half here and start climbing the standings.

Where the heck did Winnipeg come from?? Now they are in the mix too, just making the Pacific that much crazier. Every few days you could be 2nd or 6th, in a playoff spot then out.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:58 PM

Jankowski needs to get shipped out asap. We would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him.
Rinaldo is 10 times better than him.

We also need to ship out 'takes too many penalties and can't score' Bennett.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:23 PM

This playing from behind every game is getting Old.. Need to get it going, Loooch with a big hit. Need to stop the bling passes, and drop passes. We turn it over so much with them.
Talbot looked good.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:57 PM

What a 5 on 3 joke of a powerplay....They need to practise this

Flames will be lucky to make the playoffs much less get past a first round....

They may be winning now, but a poor turnout once again......

Last edited by kevinhits; 01-07-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
What a 5 on 3 joke of a powerplay....They need to practise this

Flames will be lucky to make the playoffs much less get past a first round....

They may be winning now, but a poor turnout once again......
If we win the game, we are 3 points from first.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
If we win the game, we are 3 points from first.
Really...Welcome BigJohn...LOL...You will not make the playoffs based on the Flames play going forward.......

Have to see what your last handle was on here

You kind of just dug in with a few threads already....
Old 01-07-2020, 08:44 PM

Still in the Hunt just need to get hot at the right time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2020, 09:53 PM

Not the best first, but good second and held them off in the third.
Will take them 2 points all day. Good win.
Nicks got pumped in Tampa, so we're back in the playoffs. Tonight anyways.
Talbot I would say has earned another start.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:58 PM

A win, yes, needed the points, and Talbot had a good game.

But that 5 on 3 sucks like a chest wound. And if Bennett and Jankowski don't start doing something, I'm going to have to stop sticking up for them. Brodie needs to get over his idea that he can stick handle like Johnny and move the damn puck along, thank you. And Lucic....still...on the pp? And why?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-08-2020, 06:10 PM

Anderrson, 6 years at 4.55 per year. Wow that is a big contract with less than 1.5 years in the bigs