Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-21-2024, 12:29 PM

Default Underwater fishing cam

I'm using an older marcum that is starting to have some issues. Are these budget amazon cams any good?Better to just stick with another marcum or aquaview?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2024, 01:54 PM

I have a $200 Eyoyo that is better than nothing but I don't recommend it. Maybe is just me abusing it but some of the cables broke at the connectors and this is my first season with it. But regardless of that, you can tell is not very good quality.

As they say, you get what you pay for.

I'll have to stick with it for now.

I don't know about other cameras but what I hate the most about this one is the time it takes to point it to the other hole where your lure is and after you can see it it keeps moving either because of some water current or the cable keeps untwisting.
Old 03-21-2024, 03:29 PM

Get another Marcum. The base model(385 or 485) is plenty good enough. I've used the cheap Amazon ones and they are cheap for a reason. And my base model Marcum blows the top end aquaview out of the water

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2024, 06:42 PM

Default Underwater fishing cam

My eyoyo has been great....6 or 7 years old and no issues.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:11 AM

I have a Marcum 825SD going on 14 years now....Can't see me changing brands if this beast ever dies...lol...some of the best money I have ever spent!
Old 03-23-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
I have a Marcum 825SD going on 14 years now....Can't see me changing brands if this beast ever dies...lol...some of the best money I have ever spent!
I'm still using a vs250 that is about 17-18 yrs old. It's been really good but is developing some issues. It's been discontinued since about '08 so I'm sure fixing it probably isn't a real viable option.

Anyone have some wisdom on when stuff like this is most likely to go on sale?
Old 03-25-2024, 10:34 AM

I have had a few marcum cameras and they don’t seem to last.
I have a vexilar now for 4 years and no problems and way better picture quality.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:59 AM

Are any of them working once the sun goes down
Old 03-27-2024, 09:04 PM

I’ve had a Marcum VS485C for at least 10 years and it still works great. I swapped the battery for a Dakota Lithium 10 amp hour and it ran all day today without any issues.

SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 03-28-2024, 10:40 PM

Default I have a few cams

I have the cheap Eyo cam with IR lighting (2023), I have the original Cabelas fish hunter 10 inch screen (early 2000 ish) and i had and aqua view 614C [2024}, that bought used once and was defective from cabelas, have since bought a used Aqua view 614c[2017]. All of the cameras have there good and bad, at night time you have to remember light or IR need something to bounce off of. At night i have been able to use all of these units the trick is to point them vertical straight down and they will all work.Tthe view is limited to about 6-15 feet depending on the camera, the eyo is about 6 feet with the IR option, the Cabela's has both IR and white light, it is good for about 10-15 feet at night straight down, the Aqua vu, is about the same at night 10-15 straight down, as for day time they all show fish about 15-20 feet away depending on water clarity (sylvan lake), after that is becomes a shadow on the screen. I have the expensive ones and the cheap ones, if you take care and use caution the Eyo will last for year my fishing buddy had his for 6 years now and still works like new, i guess it all depends if you treat the $120 Eyo with the same care you would the $1200 marcum or the $600 Aqua vu, then it will probable last just as long. The eyo is deffenitly made to get replaced every 3-5 years, at the cheap price point it serves as its intended purpose. and on the bright side technology is always improving so new cams will get better over time. just my $0.25 lol
Old 03-29-2024, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prvallee View Post
I have the cheap Eyo cam with IR lighting (2023), I have the original Cabelas fish hunter 10 inch screen (early 2000 ish) and i had and aqua view 614C [2024}, that bought used once and was defective from cabelas, have since bought a used Aqua view 614c[2017]. All of the cameras have there good and bad, at night time you have to remember light or IR need something to bounce off of. At night i have been able to use all of these units the trick is to point them vertical straight down and they will all work.Tthe view is limited to about 6-15 feet depending on the camera, the eyo is about 6 feet with the IR option, the Cabela's has both IR and white light, it is good for about 10-15 feet at night straight down, the Aqua vu, is about the same at night 10-15 straight down, as for day time they all show fish about 15-20 feet away depending on water clarity (sylvan lake), after that is becomes a shadow on the screen. I have the expensive ones and the cheap ones, if you take care and use caution the Eyo will last for year my fishing buddy had his for 6 years now and still works like new, i guess it all depends if you treat the $120 Eyo with the same care you would the $1200 marcum or the $600 Aqua vu, then it will probable last just as long. The eyo is deffenitly made to get replaced every 3-5 years, at the cheap price point it serves as its intended purpose. and on the bright side technology is always improving so new cams will get better over time. just my $0.25 lol
Well said and real reviews by someone who has owned several and learned the differences between each. Great post.