Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Why would the owner(s) of NHL teams pay for an arena that they only use less than 5% of the time?
Seems your estimate is a bit low. 41 regular season home games a year, 41/365*100 = 11.2% just for regular season games, let alone practices, special events, playoff games, Flames personnel offices in the building, etc. I'd guess, once you include all personnel, the Flames are using that building in some capacity about 95% of the time, if not more.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Seems your estimate is a bit low. 41 regular season home games a year, 41/365*100 = 11.2% just for regular season games, let alone practices, special events, playoff games, Flames personnel offices in the building, etc. I'd guess, once you include all personnel, the Flames are using that building in some capacity about 95% of the time, if not more.
Between concerts, monster truck events, rodeos, etc etc, I’d wager flames games would generate half or just over half the total revenue brought in to the arena. Probably pretty fair imo that a city and an investor would roughly pay half each. That would seem fair.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:57 AM

Michael Stone gets bought out today. $8.5 cap remaining to sign eat bread and tkatchuk. Breathing room. Still think one more trade to go hoping Frolich

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 08-01-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:07 AM

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him stay, the 3M line was pretty good last year. I say keep him and skid Brodie for picks.. But yeah sign Tkachuck. Tic Toc time is a wasting.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing him stay, the 3M line was pretty good last year. I say keep him and skid Brodie for picks.. But yeah sign Tkachuck. Tic Toc time is a wasting.
I'd rather see Brodie gone vs Frolik as well. I think it's easier to replace Brodie with Andersson, Valimaki, or Kylington than it is Frolik with Bennett, Czarnick, or Foo. That being said, Bennett likely won't be terrible up there and I suspect Brad will be getting rid of whichever one gets the first offer.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Michael Stone gets bought out today. $8.5 cap remaining to sign eat bread and tkatchuk. Breathing room. Still think one more trade to go hoping Frolich
They'll end up over paying the NHL's number 1 Turtle, and regret the signing long term!

BW
Old 08-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I'd rather see Brodie gone vs Frolik as well. I think it's easier to replace Brodie with Andersson, Valimaki, or Kylington than it is Frolik with Bennett, Czarnick, or Foo. That being said, Bennett likely won't be terrible up there and I suspect Brad will be getting rid of whichever one gets the first offer.
Frolik is right wing, bennet is left and foo signed a 2 year deal with a khl team.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
They'll end up over paying the NHL's number 1 Turtle, and regret the signing long term!

BW
You guys just can't get over our 21 year old high skill winger not fighting the mouth breathers on your team eh? If edm had a winger anywhere near as skilled as Matt you wouldn't want him fighting a cave man either, apparently he's doing a fine job of raising hair though, you'll never stop talking about it at this rate.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
You guys just can't get over our 21 year old high skill winger not fighting the mouth breathers on your team eh? If edm had a winger anywhere near as skilled as Matt you wouldn't want him fighting a cave man either, apparently he's doing a fine job of raising hair though, you'll never stop talking about it at this rate.
Did you see the video of Matt’s grandfather hanging his head when he fell down and turtled? Neither did anyone else but I bet if there was a camera on him that’s what you would of seen.
Anyone that can chirp like he does, face washes people, and comes flying in to be third man in on pre existing tussles, then turtles when called out on it, well....that’s a coward. Any non-coward would agree. Can we agree on that?
Old 08-02-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Frolik is right wing, bennet is left and foo signed a 2 year deal with a khl team.
You could even argue Bennett is a center, regardless, my point stands.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Did you see the video of Matt’s grandfather hanging his head when he fell down and turtled? Neither did anyone else but I bet if there was a camera on him that’s what you would of seen.
Anyone that can chirp like he does, face washes people, and comes flying in to be third man in on pre existing tussles, then turtles when called out on it, well....that’s a coward. Any non-coward would agree. Can we agree on that?
Cowardly or not, it was the right hockey play, made Kassion look dumb, and was the leading domino in a series that eventually won the game for Calgary.

Draisaitl slewfoots Tkachuck, cowardly play, any non-coward would agree, can we agree on that, slewfooting isn't an upstanding play? McDavid jumps on Backlund, yes, Backlund, from behind, a full on covers the numbers and wraps both arms around him, hauling him to the ice, then won't fight, cowardly play, chirping, jumping a guy from behind, then wouldn't fight when Backlund offers, just skates away, can you believe that? Cowards everywhere!!!

Hopefully you guys win a few more games this year so you can focus on something new instead of the same old for the last decade.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:56 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Cowardly or not, it was the right hockey play, made Kassion look dumb, and was the leading domino in a series that eventually won the game for Calgary.

Draisaitl slewfoots Tkachuck, cowardly play, any non-coward would agree, can we agree on that, slewfooting isn't an upstanding play? McDavid jumps on Backlund, yes, Backlund, from behind, a full on covers the numbers and wraps both arms around him, hauling him to the ice, then won't fight, cowardly play, chirping, jumping a guy from behind, then wouldn't fight when Backlund offers, just skates away, can you believe that? Cowards everywhere!!!

Hopefully you guys win a few more games this year so you can focus on something new instead of the same old for the last decade.
Posts like this are why it's good to read this thread first thing in the morning. It's good to start the day with a chuckle.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Posts like this are why it's good to read this thread first thing in the morning. It's good to start the day with a chuckle.
I was just trying to extend some goodwill with the "win a few more games", I don't think it will actually happen either.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:13 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I was just trying to extend some goodwill with the "win a few more games", I don't think it will actually happen either.
You guys should worry more about your team finally getting past the first round rather than what the other teams are up to. your "top guns" have to figure out the regular season means nothing if they fail to show up for the playoffs
Old 08-02-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
You guys should worry more about your team finally getting past the first round rather than what the other teams are up to. your "top guns" have to figure out the regular season means nothing if they fail to show up for the playoffs
Au contraire, I need to worry more about the other teams as I've decided it's easier to try to figure out how to get the other 14 teams in the conference to lose than it is for Calgary to win a round. I'm not sure if my tips will help for the regular season, but I can share them with Tippet if you'd like.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:13 PM

Flames officially buyout Stone and now have $7,756,625.00 in cap space.

Probably still need to shed a bit of salary.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:58 PM

Not going to carry a 23 man roster and 3 goalies so you can add that back in 😊will be another trade coning but we can hang tight and ensure thebright deal for Brodie and Frolic
Quote:
Flames officially buyout Stone and now have $7,756,625.00 in cap space.

Probably still need to shed a bit of salary.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
I find that those that have no hope tend to say things like this.

This year we are going DEEP!!! I have enough faith that I bought 1/2 season tickets just so I had access to 1/2 the playoff games at normal prices. I put my $$ where my mouth is!

Confidence is high this year.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Now they will have a new fancy locker room to clean out when they get swept in the first round as per tradition.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Not going to carry a 23 man roster and 3 goalies so you can add that back in 😊will be another trade coning but we can hang tight and ensure thebright deal for Brodie and Frolic
I was only looking at two goalies (I think, am I crossed eyed, where are you getting the 3rd from?), but correct on the 23 man roster. That being said, the two that don't make the 21 man roster will likely be the two lowest paid guys, such as a Quine and Dube. With their salaries subtracted, looks like we are sitting right around $9,269,958.00.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Banned

Nemshi for Mayor!! He's put Calgary on the proverbial MAP
Old 08-03-2019, 02:01 PM

Dang checked out YouTube and Top Shelf Hockey and had a headline of Trade Rumors with Flames Philly and Buffalo. Got all excited but then watched and didn't say anything we don't already know, other than now that Stone is bought out. they are going heavy on getting rid of Fro.
Apparently things are SLOW on the other thread, LOL nothing but Flames talk happening. Too funny, wonder if they charge rent for that space in the ole heads over there.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Apparently things are SLOW on the other thread, LOL nothing but Flames talk happening. Too funny, wonder if they charge rent for that space in the ole heads over there.
I read some of that drivel, couldn't make it through. Even if they had full capacity, there'd be so little room in some units it wouldn't be worth the administrative costs.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Summer time LUL and just filler, or does this have some teeth and could he still be Geo partner come Sept?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Banned

Re-elect Nemshi
Old 08-12-2019, 12:40 PM

This sucks, and again looking like we will run with Brodie this season. I wanted to see more of Juuso, but this could be a career ender or changer at least.
He seems to be very injury prone. So wouldn't be surprised if he just disappears off the cap.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
This sucks, and again looking like we will run with Brodie this season. I wanted to see more of Juuso, but this could be a career ender or changer at least.
He seems to be very injury prone. So wouldn't be surprised if he just disappears off the cap.

And here Little Johnnie had you going for the cup this year....

https://www.nhl.com/news/johnny-gaud...up/c-308490928
Old 08-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

We "had" one of those players....Sekera...Good luck moving him
Old 08-13-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
And here Little Johnnie had you going for the cup this year....

https://www.nhl.com/news/johnny-gaud...up/c-308490928
We have a better shot than the 2 man crew up North. Just saying..
Oil are just up there trying to crack 80 points.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
We have a better shot than the 2 man crew up North. Just saying..
Oil are just up there trying to crack 80 points.
2 man crew????? Are you guys finally recognizing Draisaitl as a valuable player?