Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-28-2017, 01:19 PM

Default Lure Clearance at Walmart

I was at the local Walmart (Red Deer North) and saw a bunch of lures on clearance (1/2 price or so) - Len Thompsons, Rapalas etc. I'm not a gear guy so I can't give more specifics, but thought I would pass this on.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conky View Post
I was at the local Walmart (Red Deer North) and saw a bunch of lures on clearance (1/2 price or so) - Len Thompsons, Rapalas etc. I'm not a gear guy so I can't give more specifics, but thought I would pass this on.
I saw same clearance here in Edmonton yesterday. I had to immediately get out of that aisle...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2017, 01:40 PM

Picked up a few things at the one down the street here in Calgary yesterday. Add to the lures fishing line too half price for a while now. Not much line left at the local one but still a little available.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 PM

Thanks Conky stopped at Walmart and got 18 panther martins for the wife for 3.00 dollars each what a deal to bad they didn't have rapalas on.fyi for anybody going check the price on the checker machine first cause the sale price was actually different than actual price on the rack I had the wife running like they where going out of stock.Oh ya they were cause I bought them all.Thanks again
Old 03-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Thanks Conky! I bought a bunch yesterday.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 PM

How much were the lennies ??
Old 03-29-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety D View Post
How much were the lennies ??
I bought a couple spoons mostly 3.00$the panther martins where supposed to be 2.00 but the guy at the till didn't do them individually so he screwed me I paid 3.00 $ each for all 19 hooks I bought.Im not complaining lol the wife uses them mostly im a fly fishing but job so she was happy getting 9 of her go to hooks lol
Old 03-31-2017, 07:10 AM

I was bored so decided to do a little checking in Calgary.

Deer Run in Calgary still has a good selection of lures and huge markdowns on most of the rods as well. Picked up a med/heavy rod with reel for $15 as a back up.

Deerfoot Meadows has a smaller selection of lures and misc items-lots of Lens left for $2-3

Shawnessy-nothing on sale
Old 03-31-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamilton View Post
I was bored so decided to do a little checking in Calgary.

Deer Run in Calgary still has a good selection of lures and huge markdowns on most of the rods as well. Picked up a med/heavy rod with reel for $15 as a back up.

Deerfoot Meadows has a smaller selection of lures and misc items-lots of Lens left for $2-3

Shawnessy-nothing on sale
Westbrook location still has a decent selection on spoons and panther martins yesterday. A few other knick-knacks, too. They also had a few Storm soft bait lures and the 5-pack len thompsons for $12.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:51 AM

Managed to pick up some spoons and a few panther martins on the west side Edmonton. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-31-2017, 05:48 PM

Went to Southland Walmart in CGY today and not much on sale other than the $2-3 assorted lures.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:28 PM

Medicine Hat had lots of Rapala lures and some line, no rods that I saw. Lures had sale price marked on back of box instead of on the peg or shelf, had to hunt a bit to see them.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:43 PM

I just stocked up on a boat load of Rapala style on Amazon.ca. for myself and the grand kids . They run from a buck to about a buck 60 each, shipped to the post office, all taxes included. can't beat that.
Lots of sizes and colors to choose from , most have the rattles in them, some are jointed. Overall I like what I got and the price can't be beat.
usualy the best deals are for Packs of 5 , 10 or 20.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Went to the local Walmart and nothing in sale there.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 04-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Cochrane store has some stuff on clearance...line, Len Thompsons, Mepps, some jigs and such. Not great, but not terrible.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:35 PM

Medicine Hat here too. Dutchpirate's post made me jump in my truck and go to wally mart. I asked the staff about the sale and they didnt know apparently.
I found the lures on sale, but like Dutch said, rebate sticker was located behind the packages...almost like they didn't want to sell them lol.

Mepps black fury, Aglias, Cyclops & a few lucky strike rigs is what I got. 2 or 3 buck each.
There was a bunch of rapalas on sale, but I already have a fair bit of spoons and crankbait (former Yellowknifer here). Now, I have to buy smaller stuff.

I also bought a flies kit at CDN Tire, but I don't know what I'm doing....I fished for Pike before, but for the other species, I'm pretty green.