Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-02-2017, 02:14 PM

Go one less cameraman, one more PR guy.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
elaborate if you want? don't like, don't watch. Although I will acknowledge ive shot back at heros, that have come in guns a blazin and really offering no usable info. I am thankful for those that kindly offered suggestions, instead of trying to tell me how it should be done....like yourself. Carry on
Old 03-02-2017, 04:12 PM

I wouldnt watch anything you are in just after reading this thread. You seem very cocky and not humble at all. Feel free to shoot back but that cocky stuff never flies. EVER.
But who am I anyways.

Carry on!
Old 03-02-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
elaborate if you want? don't like, don't watch. Although I will acknowledge ive shot back at heros, that have come in guns a blazin and really offering no usable info. I am thankful for those that kindly offered suggestions, instead of trying to tell me how it should be done....like yourself. Carry on

I am pretty sure this was a suggestion. I guess just one you didn't want to hear.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:02 PM

Is someone here trying to be the new Nickelback of the Outdoors?

Wildside,
You keep putting down people that are offering advice that You asked to receive.
This appears to be an instinctual reflex.
Sadism?
Take notes.

Do yourself a favour, put down the shovel, sunglasses, pride.
Wait....

My first post and this one are intended to help, given freely.

Calm down, Relax.
Open yourself.
Let it soak in.
From the Root to the Fruit.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 03-02-2017, 05:25 PM

It's nice to have local Alberta show. I can't stand hunters bugling and having four 350 inch bulls calling back and they can't decide which one to shoot. Film s show on public land digging out a five point elk with all the completion is impressive and that a show the average hunter might learn something from. Might not be the best way to hit the big audience but it's what I like to see.
I wish you luck and will definitely give your show a chance.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
It's nice to have local Alberta show. I can't stand hunters bugling and having four 350 inch bulls calling back and they can't decide which one to shoot. Film s show on public land digging out a five point elk with all the completion is impressive and that a show the average hunter might learn something from. Might not be the best way to hit the big audience but it's what I like to see.
Same here, four 350" bugling elk are hard to look at for sure.
Mmm hmm.

On a serious note, I like seeing kids shoot spikers and really everything getting harvested big or small, helps if the star of the show is humble, grateful and genuinely good people.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerhunter View Post
Same here, four 350" bugling elk are hard to look at for sure.
Mmm hmm.

On a serious note, I like seeing kids shoot spikers and really everything getting harvested big or small, helps if the star of the show is humble, grateful and genuinely good people.
I was being serious ever watch some of the canned American hunt show they turn down big elk all day long. What is the average hunter going to get out of a private hunting ranch hunting show.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Noted. And thanks a bunch !
Old 03-02-2017, 09:51 PM

Not sure if it's intentional or not but you are coming across with quite the attitude which has turned off a number of readers including me. I would also give your show a pass based on this thread.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post
Not sure if it's intentional or not but you are coming across with quite the attitude which has turned off a number of readers including me. I would also give your show a pass based on this thread.
fair enough! But again, not really. Only towards the folk that figure 'one less cameraman, one more pr guy' is a valid point to add to the discussion :P

Last edited by wildside2014; 03-03-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I don't know if he's rich either, I've never met the man.

But I think, he's a stand up guy.

He sure took a lot of negitive comment when he was here, and he keep his cool. That takes a special kinda guy. That impresses me.
TJ IS a great guy, I'm my opinion anyways. He's been following this thread and has been super supportive on facebook over pm. AS SOON AS I posted this topic, he warned me the push back was only a matter of time lol
Old 03-03-2017, 09:30 AM

And Keg,

Id like to publicly thank you sir. We will be chatting shortly
Old 03-03-2017, 12:46 PM

I spent some time and watched your content on Youtube. Some things I came away with.

The buddy schitck got old very quickly. I understand that is what many groups of men do, However its only usually entertaining to the group members not the outside public.

While its nice to see a family environment, Most of us have wives or kids and already understand what its like, we dont really need to see yours. Its just not entertaining. The ones that dont.. well I doubt this interest them either.

It might be just me but I really dislike seeing the camera man in shots. I find it completely pulls you out of the immersion of the story.

Why does belly button salad need to be even discussed?

its very possible im missing the point or am a standout on the populace but I would think im very much in your designated age audience and interest group.

I preferred the duck hunt with your boys much more then the professionally produced one ( other then the music overlay being way too loud and a pretty shaky camera)

I dont mean to railroad you and I understand that's how this feels when many say the same thing and its against your dream or endeavors.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The moose View Post
I spent some time and watched your content on Youtube. Some things I came away with.

The buddy schitck got old very quickly. I understand that is what many groups of men do, However its only usually entertaining to the group members not the outside public.

While its nice to see a family environment, Most of us have wives or kids and already understand what its like, we dont really need to see yours. Its just not entertaining. The ones that dont.. well I doubt this interest them either.

It might be just me but I really dislike seeing the camera man in shots. I find it completely pulls you out of the immersion of the story.

Why does belly button salad need to be even discussed?

its very possible im missing the point or am a standout on the populace but I would think im very much in your designated age audience and interest group.

I preferred the duck hunt with your boys much more then the professionally produced one ( other then the music overlay being way too loud and a pretty shaky camera)

I dont mean to railroad you and I understand that's how this feels when many say the same thing and its against your dream or endeavors.
No moose thats awesome feedback! THIS post has been screenshot. We have actually been debating having myself as lead editor and film director, and i was the guy bwhind the kids duck hunt. You actually made my day with this post. This is actual constructive feedback.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:42 AM

keep up the good work wildside! its a tough gig, but a passion, sponsers are the key to your overhead. just enjoy it, be true and it will come. its tough to be in fornt of camera, and editing.....what to keep and what not to show. just be youself in front of the camera , I know its hard. check out hired to hunt
Old 03-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post
keep up the good work wildside! its a tough gig, but a passion, sponsers are the key to your overhead. just enjoy it, be true and it will come. its tough to be in fornt of camera, and editing.....what to keep and what not to show. just be youself in front of the camera , I know its hard. check out hired to hunt
Claudio already knows i watch his show....
Old 03-04-2017, 03:41 PM

WS why do you ignore the multiple posts requesting a link to your youtube channel? Is it part of your soft-market strategy-release marketing plan?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehuntsman View Post
WS why do you ignore the multiple posts requesting a link to your youtube channel? Is it part of your soft-market strategy-release marketing plan?

He did reply with a link, and I checked it out.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
And Keg,

Id like to publicly thank you sir. We will be chatting shortly

Many here wouldn't believe it but I've helped a number of AO members over the years. There are lots of good folks on site, but many don't post much, if at all.

And, AO members helped me develop my camera mount so I offer a discount for members as a thank you and I have a line on my product packaging thanking members who helped.
I asked Rob first and he was okay with me mentioning AO on my packaging.

Did I tell you I know some folks in Millet. My late BIL owned a dairy farm just east of Millet so I spent a fair bit of time there back in the 1970s and 80s.

My sister had a ceramics shop in Millet, and I spent many a day there helping out and telling jokes. Fun times.

That's while I lived in Wetaskiwin.
I moved back to the Manning area around 1984.
Not enough wild spaces for my liking in that southern country.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:

Posted links a couple times huntsman. Try reading. Its a cool hobby
Old 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM

Which post # contains a link? I scanned the whole thread again and didn't see a single link to your YT channel. I did find numerous posts saying how hard it is to find your stuff tho.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:25 PM

It was pretty easy to find the Wild Side hunting Productions on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 04:15 PM

Watched a few of your videos mostly from the states is this your company

Old 03-26-2017, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Posted links a couple times huntsman. Try reading. Its a cool hobby
That's pretty condescending. Why the attitude?? I doubt success is in your cards. Too bad. I watched some of your video and it is really good.

The worst Wild TV Show I have seen is the trapping one with the guy with the weird laugh that looks like Homer Simpson.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Which post # contains a link? I scanned the whole thread again and didn't see a single link to your YT channel. I did find numerous posts saying how hard it is to find your stuff tho.

Post 17 says he is on Yutube under "wildeside" -- took me about 20 seconds to find them .
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-26-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:58 PM

I tried Wild Side nothing few other wild this wild that Wildside hunting Productions not sure which ones they are MAYBE he could put up link did not see anything in post 167 ?

Last edited by 35 whelen; 03-26-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:19 PM

Oh there it is I guess I'm not computer illiterate

Old 03-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
I tried Wild Side nothing few other wild this wild that Wildside hunting Productions not sure which ones they are MAYBE he could put up link did not see anything in post 167 ?

sorry post 17!!
Cat
Old 03-27-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I never asked what to search for I asked for a LINK. This thread is a perfect example why you don't deserve support. Worst marketing I've ever seen.

Lol im not here to 'market myself' lol. I have posted links, i have also stated im not on AO tk market my brand. Why is this so difficult for you oh mighty 4 post count guy?