Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 AM

can anyone meet up for this i wouldnt mind meeting up some of u and bsing a lil lol jk
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 AM

duke.....all are welcome, but if you're new you have to buy the first round. lol. Just kiddin
Old 07-23-2009, 06:51 PM

hey guys,

New hunter here. Actually more like a "wanna be" than a hunter. I hope to meet up with you guys in the near future. I am unsure about my work sched since it changes frequently. But I'll let you know dmckay, prior to showing up to one of your meets.

Until then,
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 AM

Okay, so I dropped the ball again : ( I was in BC on business last weekend and had my birthday this past weekend, so I haven't been on top of the get-together dates. The weekend of the 15th / 16th I will be camping in Water Valley with the wife and kids......if anyone wants, feel free to join. Unless some of you want to arrange a get-together sooner, we could do August 21st? Either that or stick to the first Friday in September which would be the 4th?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:05 PM

Friday September 4th should work for me Who's in?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM

I should be back from my wedding by then if so I will be there is this one in the south or the north? please let me know
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckay View Post

... The weekend of the 15th / 16th I will be camping in Water Valley with the wife and kids ...
Hey Doug

Take yer rubber boots ... it's going to be wet out there ^ this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm makes it happen View Post

... is this one in the south or the north? ...
The last meeting was in the south (I was there), so I think it's north this time. But maybe we could try to find a place somewhere generally 'centralish', so we could meet at the same place all the time.

One suggestion might be the Boston Pizza @ 1116 - 17th Ave. S.W. It's kind of 'centralish' (just south of the city core) and it's fairly easy to get to, by way of either Crowchild Tr. or Macleod Tr.

GW

P.S.
I'm with Plinkmaster ... Sept. 4th works for me too!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 PM

For those of you that aren't sure where it is, its on the red mile..
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM

Anyone know how it is for parking at the one on 17th?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:23 PM

parking sucks on 17th. When I go to 17th, I park a couple of blocks south of 17th ave in the residential areas. Most areas there have 2 hour parking limits, and its FREE!!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Get-together

The 4th works fine for me. BPs north is OK (athough a LOOONG drive for me), not crazy about parking on 17th but I'm easy.

Glad to see this is sticking together, the last one in July was quite enjoyable.

Zeke
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM

so when and where is this thing? seems to be some changes
Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 AM

I'm thinking we just stick to the BP's at Crowfoot. It is fair for all to alternate between North and South, but can be confusing as to where they are going to be every month. How many of you "Northerners" would have an issue if we just made them the first Friday of every month at Boston Pizza Avenida (the south location)? This way they are all the same place and the same time every month. In the meantime, we can look at somewhere more centralish that is fairly quiet and has plenty of parking.

If I didn't live in a tiny townhouse, I would hold them at my house.

What say all?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 AM

I realize its a bit of a drive for the Northerners, but it is only once a month. I would like to keep these going, so if anyone has a problem with coming south, please say so.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 AM

I don't have a problem with where it is , haven't been to one yet but I'd like to know where they are in case I'm free for one
Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinkmaster View Post
parking sucks on 17th. When I go to 17th, I park a couple of blocks south of 17th ave in the residential areas. Most areas there have 2 hour parking limits, and its FREE!!
Well 'dang' Plinkmaster ... it seems I've suggested a place that has a chronic parking problem! If that's the case, I apologize. I guess I should have looked into it a bit more, before making the suggestion.

I've never been to a Boston Pizza that didn't have a big parking lot. I guess the one on 17th Ave. S.W. is an exception.

Sorry 'bout that

GW

P.S.
I have to agree with dmckay about having only 'one' place to meet every month ... it sure would be nice if we could do that. It's too bad that so far we can't find a place suitable that is kind of 'centralish'.

Last edited by Gray Wolf; 08-18-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:13 PM

First off, I have to apologize for not keeping up on this thread on a regular basis. I have had a lot going on lately. I know I had mentioned doing the next one at the North BP's, but we should keep to one location.

Next meeting at Boston Pizza Avenida: Friday August 4th (tomorrow night at 8 pm.) Sorry to you Northerners. Maybe everyone can come up with some "centralish" ideas for this meet and we can weigh our options. Hope to see you all there!!

Doug
Old 09-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Default August?

You of course mean Sept 4th at Avenida. Man you must have a lot of stuff going on.

I'll plan to see you there.
Zeke
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 PM

Doug, blacklist the Crowfoot BP's. The lounge manager is a dick and the service consistantly sucks azz. Either hit Shanks in Crowfoot, or the BP's lounge at Dalhousie station (53st and Crowchild Tr NW). If all goes well, I'm gonna try and do a north meeting in the next few weeks, and will keep you updated.

Tree
Old 09-04-2009, 04:52 PM

Thanks Tree. I take it you aren't making it out tonight? Hope to see a few of you there!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Sorry Doug, I can't make it tonight. I should have checked my calendar before I voted for the 4th.

It's the Labour Day long weekend ... I'm committed up to my ying-yang with family long-weekend stuff. I'm guessing others may have the same problem. There may be a low turn-out tonight.

I should have voted for Sept. 11th instead

Sorry 'bout that,

GW

Old 09-07-2009, 12:05 AM

Hey Doug,

could not make it - but looking forward to the Oct meeting!

Official thank you for continuing to try to pull this thing together - much appreciated.

Cheers
chris
Old 09-08-2009, 12:18 AM

Default a couple days too late...

wow, wish i would have known about this thread before the weekend... i spent dreaming about getting out hunting and wishing i knew other people around here that hunted (thanks grey wolf for posting the link in the "hunting partners thread")

I am definitely in for the next get-together, if you guys are still accepting members

probably a bunch of people starting to get the fever with the seasons getting so close... (any chance you guys want to do a second september meeting? lol) if not ill have to wait for october.

PS if anyone is looking for a hunting partner in the calgary +4hrs area then let me know. new to the area but have hunted ducks/geese/deer/moose/bear etc. and am willing to hunt anything that is legal to hunt.

Cheers!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 AM

ALGOMIAN, all are welcome to this group. Your idea of having a second September meeting might be a good one.

My apologies to anyone that showed up Friday. I was planning on being there right up to about six o'clock......and then felt like I was hit by a train. Sure enough a trip to the clinic the next day.....and I had strep throat. What a great long weekend that was.......on the couch. Oh well, now I've gotten being sick out of the way before the season gets going.

Is anyone interested in meeting up Friday September 18th at B.P.'s in the south?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM

I am going to try and make it Sept 18. The weekend after my sons and I are heading out for our yearly trip so I definately be in the mood to talk some hunting. Not that it takes much to put me the mood for hunting talk.

Doug hope you are feeling better and thanks for keeping this going!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 AM

I am back,

Sorry guys I have been busy with home stuff and work. It's unfortunate I had to miss the last meeting. Im unsure if I'll be able to make it to the next one. I'll try to keep in touch with you guys
Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Probably can do

Assuming it's at the same time (8 PM) I think I can make it. I was at the last one and it was pretty much a rout...sorta lonely trying to have one of these by yourself.

The next one can only be better. Doug, I hope you are feelign better, strep is no fun.

Zeke
Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 PM

Default 18th

18th should be alright with me, unless it's looking like a fantastic evening to try my luck at the duck pond

I live in the south but am ok with any location that is fairly central.

whatever the concensus is.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALGOMIAN View Post
"18th should be alright with me, unless it's looking like a fantastic evening to try my luck at the duck pond . . . "
Quote:
Originally Posted by plinkmaster View Post
I am back,

"Sorry guys I have been busy with home stuff and work. It's unfortunate I had to miss the last meeting. Im unsure if I'll be able to make it to the next one . . . "
^ Sounds like two very definite 'maybes'
Whatever ... I'll see you there this Friday.

GW

Old 09-17-2009, 02:02 AM
gitrdun

Hey Grew Wolf, how's about a campfie meet in the High Country? you know....instead of Boston Pizza?