Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-21-2020, 11:01 PM

Good luck on your journey! There are some good ones in there. Story and pics to follow.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litch73 View Post
Thanks sincerely to all. I went with what my own eyes told me and that was WMU 200 which was my final choice, Fortunately I was also able to pull my priority13 Antlered Elk in same zone which also included WMU’s 202,203,232,234 for the Antlered Elk. Seen great specimens for both in this zone so though will spend my season there.

So appreciative that I am alive to realize this huge opportunity. So looking forward to hitting it very hard starting with WMU 200 next week. Appreciate all comments. I have survived Chronic Kidney disease, next a very complicated Kidney Transplant and finally surgery to deal with Kidney Cancer this spring. These two hunts are my personal reward for years of humility, struggle and survival. All the while knowing that I have amazing supportive spouse and just imagine waiting for this opportunity to cash them in. Getting stronger every day and I can hardly wait to realize my passion again, especially with this opportunity be it with bow “my true preference” or by smoke pole, I have very high expectations and the drive to realize my goal.
Good luck this fall! Hardest part about those zones is finding permission to hunt. Finding where the animals are isn’t too bad but finding were you can access is rough.

LC
Old 06-22-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litch73 View Post
Thanks sincerely to all. I went with what my own eyes told me and that was WMU 200 which was my final choice, Fortunately I was also able to pull my priority13 Antlered Elk in same zone which also included WMU’s 202,203,232,234 for the Antlered Elk. Seen great specimens for both in this zone so though will spend my season there.

So appreciative that I am alive to realize this huge opportunity. So looking forward to hitting it very hard starting with WMU 200 next week. Appreciate all comments. I have survived Chronic Kidney disease, next a very complicated Kidney Transplant and finally surgery to deal with Kidney Cancer this spring. These two hunts are my personal reward for years of humility, struggle and survival. All the while knowing that I have amazing supportive spouse and just imagine waiting for this opportunity to cash them in. Getting stronger every day and I can hardly wait to realize my passion again, especially with this opportunity be it with bow “my true preference” or by smoke pole, I have very high expectations and the drive to realize my goal.
Those are both good tags. I hope to see some pics/updates from your season! If you are bow hunting pick up a general mule deer license too. You never know what you might come across. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2020, 08:19 AM
Banned

Good luck!

The antler size doesn't matter much to me anymore, i shot a paddlehorn bull on a P9 a couple years ago and will go back to the cow draws after that. The eating has been the best of the best. The first bull was getting it, something tells me you'll have a bit more time and patience. Hope you get a big one just far enough from the truck to make some memories.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:47 AM

Default With spend entire Bow-season out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
That’s a good zone with decent access. The bull moose October bowhunt will be great. A big elk will be a challenge like anywhere. Good luck!
Looking forward to getting out and flying the zone! Three day scout and permission trip starts next week. Cannot wait to hit the ground going!

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-02-2020, 03:38 AM

Best wishes Sir-I hope the best for you! Good luck on the scouting and I hope that you can find the big one...

Tags
bull moose, hunting bulls moose, moose archery bow, priority, trophy class ab moose