Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2024, 01:12 PM

I'm quoting a guy off Facebook but he makes a good point.

" what other countries are carbon taxing their citizens so they can send the money to Canada? "
Old 03-24-2024, 01:13 PM

The scam virtue signaling part of our carbon emissions in Canada versus that of China is the use of per capita stats whereas the overall emissions tells a different story. But useful idiots spread the alarm as to how Canada is such a huge contributor. The following link shows the emissions per country and per capita.
https://www.worldometers.info/co2-em...ns-by-country/
Old 03-24-2024, 01:15 PM

Once they solve climate change with the carbon tax I wonder what the next scare tax will be.
Old 03-24-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
You can't honestly think the Government of Canada does not have audited annual financial statements..

The Public Accounts of Canada is the report of the Government of Canada prepared annually by the Receiver General, as required by section 64 of the Financial Administration Act. It covers the fiscal year of the government, which ends on March 31. The information contained in the report originates from two sources of data:

 the summarized financial transactions presented in the accounts of Canada, maintained by the Receiver General

 the detailed records, maintained by departments and agencies Each department and agency is responsible for reconciling its accounts to the control accounts of the Receiver General, and for maintaining detailed records of the transactions in their accounts.

The report covers the financial transactions of the government during the year. In certain cases, parliamentary authority to undertake transactions was provided by legislation approved in earlier years.

Here is an article from the Financial Post which is worth the read.

https://financialpost.com/news/econo...lex-trade-offs

The last paragraph is spot on, hope and change messaging in a time where there is no easy answers.

It’s just that one of the advantages of not being an incumbent is that you don’t have a record to defend, leaving you free to focus on hope-and-change messaging while the incumbent answers for the policy choices they have made in government. And as the G20 reminded us this weekend, there are no easy answers out there.

I do hope Pierre is the savior many here feel his is, I am just skeptical as most politicians aren't who they appear to be... Back to the original topic, Pierre called the non-confidence vote and never attended as he was out fund raising. I expect more from a leader myself.

Just as PP has spoken of his plan, and you weren't willing to listen, or avoided sources to listen to his words... you are missing the point again from your own research.

Yes, general total expenditure accounting is done and is available.
However, as your quote explains, the detailed accounts are held within the individual departments and agencies.

Have you not listened to any of the innumerous committees now investigating "Who got the Money, and How much did they get?" for the horrendous scams being run through this Liberal government?
The Conservatives CAN'T get the government to release the true accounting that is needed to understand WTF this government is doing with our money....

Heck, the Auditor General just told Canada that it cannot account for whatever is going on with the Arrivescam expenditures.... unknown amounts of taxpayer$ gone to who knows where....

I suspect you don't care to be right, just to throw out your mantras as if it is some kind of truth.
Carry on with your Two Monkey routine.
Do Us a favour and change it up to The Three Monkeys.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 03-24-2024, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Just as PP has spoken of his plan, and you weren't willing to listen, or avoided sources to listen to his words... you are missing the point again from your own research.

Yes, general total expenditure accounting is done and is available.
However, as your quote explains, the detailed accounts are held within the individual departments and agencies.

Have you not listened to any of the innumerous committees now investigating "Who got the Money, and How much did they get?" for the horrendous scams being run through this Liberal government?
The Conservatives CAN'T get the government to release the true accounting that is needed to understand WTF this government is doing with our money....

Heck, the Auditor General just told Canada that it cannot account for whatever is going on with the Arrivescam expenditures.... unknown amounts of taxpayer$ gone to who knows where....

I suspect you don't care to be right, just to throw out your mantras as if it is some kind of truth.
Carry on with your Two Monkey routine.
Do Us a favour and change it up to The Three Monkeys.
Not sure why your taking a discussion so personal, but that is your choice.

The Conservatives did publish a recovery plan in August 2021, all of the calculations for deficits and the fiscal outlook are based on the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO)’s 2021 Election Platform Costing Baseline. This plan provides projections 2021-22 through to 2025/26.

It is interesting how members here will attack others who don't always agree with their political views. It's all good, I will do you a favor and enjoy my time away from AO.

All the best to you all.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:

The Conservatives did publish a recovery plan in August 2021, all of the calculations for deficits and the fiscal outlook are based on the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO)’s 2021 Election Platform Costing Baseline. This plan provides projections 2021-22 through to 2025/26.

It is interesting how members here will attack others who don't always agree with their political views. It's all good, I will do you a favor and enjoy my time away from AO.

All the best to you all.
Well I'm sure he's not the only one smashing his head against the wall trying to get through to you.

Personally, I find trolls humorous.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Once they solve climate change with the carbon tax I wonder what the next scare tax will be.
It'll never end. That's why they changed the scam to 'climate change'; no matter what happens with the weather, it's your fault and you need to pay for it.
Brilliant really.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:

All the best to you all.
Years ago I was against horse slaughter. Everybody I knew tried to explain to me why I was wrong about the issue. I actually lost friends over this. Now I realise they were right even though years ago I was sure I was right. If everyone I know disagrees about something I'm going to rethink my position.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:08 PM

Carbon tax will work. The whole idea behind it is to make something unaffordable. They keep saying that every penny will be returned. That may be true but it has created hundreds of jobs to administer it and their funding will end up coming out of our pockets. They do not work for nothing.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:15 PM

Quote:

All the best to you all.

Because it iS personal.

Trudeau Sr. and his policies/law was responsible for the early death of tens of thousands of hard working Canadians.
He destroyed countless families, driving them into poverty and despair.

My family was one of them.
My father, an Orthopedic surgeon, had to work over 400 COSECUTIVE 24 HOUR DAYS on Call, under the threat of JAIL, without being paid ONE CENT (100% wage garnishee)!
All because of PT's energy laws and the rules governing public employees....
Hard to believe, right?
And similar actions were taken against tens of thousands of other Canadians.

JT is turning out to be a much more Evil man than his father ever was.
I am watching families crumble all around me, due to the wishes of this Liberal/NDP government.

This is not Politics, this is LIFE and Death for many.

For those that view this as "just politics", I wish them the wisdom to see the truth.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 03-24-2024, 07:46 PM

Default No it won’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Carbon tax will work. The whole idea behind it is to make something unaffordable. They keep saying that every penny will be returned. That may be true but it has created hundreds of jobs to administer it and their funding will end up coming out of our pockets. They do not work for nothing.
No the carbon tax will not work. It does absolutely nothing to reduce the carbon in the atmosphere of the earth. It has zero effect. Zero.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:15 PM

It's just a massive theft of money from society's producers. The carbon tax is a means of destroying our economy. The climate and carbon are just smoke and mirrors.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Making something unaffordable without providing a feasible reasonably priced alternative doesn’t work

Making something unaffordable when alternative power sources lack the ability and infrastructure to operate our society doesn’t exactly work

When you actually have a plan to convert to an alternative to a functional alternative with sufficient infrastructure to run a country yup make the old ways unaffordable can help create a solution

Taxing people, increasing costs of living, running off investments, and throwing away money intentionally doesn’t work either.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:43 AM

Quote:
So making it unaffordable to heat your home is workable? And of course they are lying when they say that every penny will be returned, only a fool would believe that they would implement a tax, and then return every penny.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Because it iS personal.

Trudeau Sr. and his policies/law was responsible for the early death of tens of thousands of hard working Canadians.
He destroyed countless families, driving them into poverty and despair.

My family was one of them.
My father, an Orthopedic surgeon, had to work over 400 COSECUTIVE 24 HOUR DAYS on Call, under the threat of JAIL, without being paid ONE CENT (100% wage garnishee)!
All because of PT's energy laws and the rules governing public employees....
Hard to believe, right?
And similar actions were taken against tens of thousands of other Canadians.

JT is turning out to be a much more Evil man than his father ever was.
I am watching families crumble all around me, due to the wishes of this Liberal/NDP government.

This is not Politics, this is LIFE and Death for many.

For those that view this as "just politics", I wish them the wisdom to see the truth.
Hmmm threat of jail and burn out.....not sure I can follow this one.
Could you provide a link to read regarding why he would be subjected to jail?

Just curious with labour laws etc how this would be.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-25-2024, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I suppose whether the carbon tax will work or not is dependant on what the objective is? Making things unaffordable is ok if you're a trust fund baby with millions of shekels' in your account but for the average working Canadian all it does is lower your standard of living....again.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So making it unaffordable to heat your home is workable? And of course they are lying when they say that every penny will be returned, only a fool would believe that they would implement a tax, and then return every penny.
They do not care how you are going to heat your home. Their whole idea is to stop us from using fossil fuels. If you tax it to the point you cannot afford it it will reach their goal. No different than taxing cigarettes. You keep raising the tax until you have to decide if you want to smoke or buy groceries. Never said I agreed with what they are doing but the concept is pretty simple.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Making something unaffordable without providing a feasible reasonably priced alternative doesn’t work

Making something unaffordable when alternative power sources lack the ability and infrastructure to operate our society doesn’t exactly work

When you actually have a plan to convert to an alternative to a functional alternative with sufficient infrastructure to run a country yup make the old ways unaffordable can help create a solution

Taxing people, increasing costs of living, running off investments, and throwing away money intentionally doesn’t work either.
They cannot think that far ahead. Their only thought is how do we stop people from using it.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
No the carbon tax will not work. It does absolutely nothing to reduce the carbon in the atmosphere of the earth. It has zero effect. Zero.
I never said it will reduce CO2. Their goal is to stop us from using fossil fuels. The easiest way to do that is making it unaffordable with taxation.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:09 AM

The name of the tax is only there to make it more palatable to some. It’s just a tax. That is all. If the government wanted us all to be driving electric vehicles, then all government vehicles would be electric.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
The name of the tax is only there to make it more palatable to some. It’s just a tax. That is all. If the government wanted us all to be driving electric vehicles, then all government vehicles would be electric.
Isn't that ironic, that Trudeau and his cabinet, are not being driven around in electric vehicles?
Old 03-25-2024, 08:35 AM

Quote:
They cannot think that far ahead. Their only thought is how do we stop people from using it.
People don’t stop using things that are a necessity without a viable alternative

This makes the carbon tax ineffective in reducing the use of anything. This makes it a failure in actually achieving anything other than lower the standard of living.

When something is this poorly executed it doesn’t work. But let’s be realistic here the the carbon tax is just a cash cow and virtue signaling not an attempt to actually make a difference

Why would someone support a completely ineffective plan with no accountability of where the money generated is being used or a plan to use these fund's to work towards a solution?

If you think this is effective you are welcome to send me 50 cents for every piece of trash you don’t recycle and throw in the trash. We can even increase the amount annually till it becomes too unaffordable for you to keep contributing to the waste going into the landfill

I am here to help and it will work!!!

Let’s take a moment and really start thinking about what works vs being scammed in the name of saving the environment
Old 03-25-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I suppose whether the carbon tax will work or not is dependant on what the objective is? Making things unaffordable is ok if you're a trust fund baby with millions of shekels' in your account but for the average working Canadian all it does is lower your standard of living....again.
Fairly convinced that is the objective at this point. Forcing regular Cdns into reducing their carbon footprint due to unaffordability. Less people being able to afford vacations outside of Canada, heck, even outside of our own provinces. Pushing pricy EVs will lead to less drivers on the roads while they push public transportation, especially in urban centers. Eating meat will be a luxury for few while they bring in insect burgers.

We're going to need Cuban ingenuity in the future with backyard mechanics being able to keep ICEs on the roads. Meanwhile, the rich and privileged, like our very own PM, will continue with their carbon soaking lifestyles and their fancy vacations, private jets and mega yachts. Basically real life Hunger Games in the making.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Years ago I was against horse slaughter. Everybody I knew tried to explain to me why I was wrong about the issue. I actually lost friends over this. Now I realise they were right even though years ago I was sure I was right. If everyone I know disagrees about something I'm going to rethink my position.
It takes guts to do that kind of rethinking, especially when we are passionate about a subject.

That's why I'm glad that we can have these kinds of discussions on this forum. I know that I have learned a lot from many members here.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:41 AM

People need to realize that the tax was never about the environment, it is primarily about wealth shift, to wipe out the middle class, to divide Canada, into the elite rulers, and the serfs/workers. But by using virtue signaling, they have convinced the truly gullible to actually support this agenda.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
People need to realize that the tax was never about the environment, it is primarily about wealth shift, to wipe out the middle class, to divide Canada, into the elite rulers, and the serfs/workers. But by using virtue signaling, they have convinced the truly gullible to actually support this agenda.
If all one knows about the carbon tax is this, then they know all they need to know.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Hmmm threat of jail and burn out.....not sure I can follow this one.
Could you provide a link to read regarding why he would be subjected to jail?

Just curious with labour laws etc how this would be.
While this is somewhat going off track, and is quite complex and personal, I'll attempt to fill in some blanks.
I'll do this because people need to understand that this Liberal federal government is willing to let people suffer and die in the name of their policy.
What the Feds are doing is not a mistake, or dumb. This is all on purpose, with the suffering caused an acceptable (to them) price.

My father was an Orthopedic surgeon in Calgary, where many like himself followed the law and tax codes to invest in Oil Jr's.
With the National Energy Program, most lost every cent of their pre-tax income investments.
Trudeau Sr. legislated retroactive tax laws changes which required lost previously legal pre-tax investment money to be taxed.
Many had to retroactively pay tax on legally invested and lost money.
Many people declared bankruptcy, some could not.

As a public employee, my Father was not legally allowed to go into bankruptcy and remain a surgeon.
As the government was his employer, they decided to garnishee his wage 100%.

My father moved to Penticton, where there were 3 other orthopedic surgeons.
On call time would be split 4 ways.
Upon his arrival in Penticton, ALL three of the other surgeons left. Two to the United States and one retired.
He was thus forced to be on call 24/7 for over 400 days, looking after a mainly retired population from Summerland to Osoyoos, until another Orthopod moved to Penticton.

After a couple hundred+ days of being on 24/7 call, without receiving a dime, my Father begged the government to let him have some time off.
He was worried that he would harm a patient due to his exhaustion.
He was told NO.
The RCMP was sent to see him, with a court order to work or be arrested and sent to jail despite his concerns.
The reasoning behind the court order explained that as he was a public employee, is he did not show up to work the government would consider it an Illegal Strike by an "essential worker".

I know that the only reason my Father continued to work as a surgeon was his care for his patients. He cared for them too much to not help them.
He knew that if he didn't help them then no one would. He suffered to ease their pains and injuries.
The government saw it similarly though narcissistically, they forced him to work under threat of jail, without pay, because there was no one else available that could help these people, in order to ease the government's worry about their own political pain and injury.

I was young, and didn't understand how he could keep the family afloat.
With time I learned that it was the community that supported him and his family.
The residents of Penticton and area made sure that we were ok, so that they could have a caring doctor that they needed.
Unlike the Gov, which was willing to destroy us.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:56 AM

^^^ Holy poop man, and they say that Stalin was a dictator! That’s pretty much on par with what he did except your dad wasn’t in Gulag…. But at least in Gulag they fed the prisoners…
Old 03-25-2024, 11:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
While this is somewhat going off track, and is quite complex and personal, I'll attempt to fill in some blanks.
I'll do this because people need to understand that this Liberal federal government is willing to let people suffer and die in the name of their policy.
What the Feds are doing is not a mistake, or dumb. This is all on purpose, with the suffering caused an acceptable (to them) price.

My father was an Orthopedic surgeon in Calgary, where many like himself followed the law and tax codes to invest in Oil Jr's.
With the National Energy Program, most lost every cent of their pre-tax income investments.
Trudeau Sr. legislated retroactive tax laws changes which required lost previously legal pre-tax investment money to be taxed.

As a public employee, my Father was not legally allowed to go into bankruptcy and remain a surgeon.

My father moved to Penticton, where there were 3 other orthopedic surgeons.
Upon his arrival in Penticton, ALL three of the other surgeons left. Two to the United States and one retired.
He was thus forced to be on call 24/7 for over 400 days, looking after a mainly retired population from Summerland to Osoyoos, until another Orthopod moved to Penticton.

After a couple hundred+ days of being on 24/7 call, without receiving a dime, my Father begged the government to let him have some time off.
He was told NO.
The RCMP was sent to see him, with a court order to work or be arrested and sent to jail despite his concerns.
The reasoning behind the court order explained that as he was a public employee, is he did not show up to work the government would consider it an Illegal Strike by an "essential worker".

I know that the only reason my Father continued to work as a surgeon was his care for his patients. He cared for them too much to not help them.
He knew that if he didn't help them then no one would. He suffered to ease their pains and injuries.
The government saw it similarly though narcissistically, they forced him to work under threat of jail, without pay, because there was no one else available that could help these people, in order to ease the government's worry about their own political pain and injury.

With time I learned that it was the community that supported him and his family.
The residents of Penticton and area made sure that we were ok, so that they could have a caring doctor that they needed.

Sounds like your father was/is a good person putting patients first.
Thx for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-25-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
With the National Energy Program, most lost every cent
of their pre-tax income investments.

My father moved to Penticton, where there were 3 other
orthopedic surgeons.
He was thus forced to be on call 24/7 for over 400 days, looking after a mainly retired population from
Summerland to Osoyoos, until another Orthopod moved to Penticton.

After a couple hundred+ days of being on 24/7 call,
without receiving a dime, my Father begged the government to let him have some time off.
He was told NO.
The RCMP was sent to see him, with a court order to
work or be arrested and sent to jail despite his concerns.
The reasoning behind the court order explained that
as he was a public employee, is he did not show up to
work the government would consider it an Illegal Strike
by an "essential worker".

He knew that if he didn't help them then no one would.
He suffered to ease their pains and injuries.
The government saw it similarly though narcissistically, they forced him to work under threat of jail, without pay, because there was no one else available that could help these people, in order to ease the government's worry
about their own political pain and injury.
It's disgusting to think that this could happen in Canada, then again, freedom of speech is now legislated away, and bank accounts have been illegally seized by his scumbag son. The Trudeaus are right up there with the Stalins and Hitlers of the world, except they bend or change our laws to accomplish their corruption, because they couldn't get away with what Stalin and Hitler did.