Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM

Default Wabasca & Rock Island Lake Update

I went up to Wabasca yesterday for work. I did not have time to fish but I went out onto the lake the fishing was slow for the couple of guys I talked to. They have plowed a road out onto the lake from the boat lanch( Go towards the camp site on the right hand side) it goes out to the point where most of the tents etc. are. So good truck access.
I also stopped in at Rock Island on the way by. The road to the boat lanch is plowed out. There has been a few snow mobiles out on the lake. It looks like a couple of trucks tried to get out but did not get far. Alot of snow on the lake and I could not see any one fishing. The highway up into that country is good but some icey spots. We saw one pickup truck in the ditch with all four wheels pointing to the sky so go easy on the ice.
Good luck and put some back for tommorow.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:15 PM

Default Wabasca

Hey Fishncrazy are you still up in Wab?
I will be up here for another 10 days or so, I won't have my fishing gear up here till Tuesday the 3rd. But if you want to give it a try after that give me a shout.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:43 AM

Rigg dogg, Sorry I was just up there for the day. I would have loved to do some fishing but I had to get back to work. You have got to hate it when working gets in the way of fishin. I may be up there again in a few weeks. I will email you if I get back there.