Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 AM

Default Glennifer or Pine?

i am near the area, and want to go ice fishing. I dont know if i should drive the extra half hour and go to pine lake, or take my chances at gleniffer. I have heard that ice fishing glennifer isnt that good?? anyone have advice on which lake and where to fish it?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 AM

i would not got to glenifer waste of time try pine gull or sylvan should have luck
Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM

fishing in general in glennifer is a waste of time. we've fished so many times and between me and my dad we've managed 2 pike each, you could always try dickson trout pond though.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM

Where is this trout pond? I dont have a clue as to where anything is. Im from south of Calgary and im just up here for school so any help on some fishing spots would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-30-2009, 12:01 AM

My suggestion would be Pine Lake. We were out there a few weeks ago and watched a few fish on the Fish Cam, had a few hits and lost some.

Enter at Scottys

Walleye and Pike
Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewhomper View Post
i would not got to glenifer waste of time try pine gull or sylvan should have luck
i suggest staying off gleniffer lake during hard water. it is dam controlled and the red deer river feeding it flows 24-7 365 . the water levels fluctuate constantly , there are warning signs all around the lake . the fish are there but stick to liquid water.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew.M View Post
Where is this trout pond? I dont have a clue as to where anything is. Im from south of Calgary and im just up here for school so any help on some fishing spots would be greatly appreciated
the trout pond is actually only seperated from glennifer lake by a dirt hill so more or less its on the lake, make it to spruceview then carry on to dickson the town and keep going straight on that road that takes you from spruceview to dickson and it takes you right to the pond, the campground is dickson point i believe. lots of fun.