Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 03:46 PM

Default Help Meat Eater battle Antis

If you have a netflix subscription do all of us hunters a favour and go rate MeatEater, the antis out there have pushed the shows rating to 1 star. If the show maintains a good review Netflix will see hunters are an active market and we may see more hunting shows on Netflix.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Agreed! Everyone Vote!
Old 05-11-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
If you have a netflix subscription do all of us hunters a favour and go rate MeatEater, the antis out there have pushed the shows rating to 1 star. If the show maintains a good review Netflix will see hunters are an active market and we may see more hunting shows on Netflix.
I will do that. Anything to keep it going, Netflix has added a couple of hunting and fishing shows in the last 6 months. I want more.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 05-11-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I don't think ratings have anything to do with the Netflix decisions. They will base their decision on how many views a show gets, not stars. If a show is well watched they will bring more in no matter what the star system says. Not saying it won't influence people that are undecided about watching. If you want more of the same, watch it!

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-11-2017, 06:01 PM

If a bunch of white walkers voted down game of thrones I don't think hbo would get rid of it....just my two cents.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver hunter View Post
If a bunch of white walkers voted down game of thrones I don't think hbo would get rid of it....just my two cents.
True, but MeatEater isn't Game of Thrones
Old 05-12-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I don't think ratings have anything to do with the Netflix decisions. They will base their decision on how many views a show gets, not stars. If a show is well watched they will bring more in no matter what the star system says. Not saying it won't influence people that are undecided about watching. If you want more of the same, watch it!
When it first aired on netflix it had a great rating and not 2 weeks later 2 more hunting shows were up. Not saying they dont put views into account but ratings play a part.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 05-12-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not a Netflix viewer so I need a little education. Wouldn't the company care more about the number of actual viewings than any rating people would give? What would they care about low ratings from people that don't actually watch the show? I assume they have stats on what you actually watch, how often, and for how long.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I think you are right Piker but I still go on anyhow and like all fishing and hunting shows.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:29 PM

I just rated it. When I looked it was pretty close to 5 stars. I rated it 5 stars because I love that show. I'm not nearly as much a fan of, "The Hunt" on Netflix. I find the host isn't nearly as charismatic as Steve Rinella and the videography is pretty crappy at times.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 PM

How are you guys giving stars? All I can do is thumbs up or thumbs down.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-12-2017, 08:13 PM

When you rate a show its for YOU, they run an algorithm based on your ratings, and then suggest more movies to you based on the results of the algorithm. Views is what they look at for what to add and remove to and from the the movie library.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/9898
Old 05-13-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0danger View Post
When you rate a show its for YOU, they run an algorithm based on your ratings, and then suggest more movies to you based on the results of the algorithm. Views is what they look at for what to add and remove to and from the the movie library.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/9898
True that and it well may be, but yet my better half will not even click on a selection with a low rating when making a viewing decision.

Why someone would trust a stranger to tell them what to watch is still beyond my understanding.

We have never rated a movie, but constantly are given suggestions by Netflix-so this obviously is not the only criteria