Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Default New product to market

I was thinking of creating a new product to market to road hunters. It would include a camo kit for the truck. (As there is no point in the roadies wearing the camo). A silencer kit for the truck and a wiring kit to disengage headlights so you can effectively sneak into the field you don't have permission on. And a CD of deer sounds that you can blast out of your truck stereo system (although electronic calls are illegal in alberta) but so is shooting from the road so who cares.

Yes I hate road hunters, I am talking about the ones who travel up and down the country side and shoot from the public road onto property they don't have permission on, at a deer who is in line with a unknown building that the bullet is now going to hit. I get a great sense of accomplishment when I know that one of these people have been charged and I now know of a large and growing group of people in my area who have joined in and will turn in anyone who is seen shooting from the road.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 PM

Thumbs down

Who cares?

If it's legal you can't impose your beliefs on others. Maybe I even have a similar opinion as you, but that's irrelevant.

If they are illegally hunting then have report a poacher saved on your cell, and use the number.

Otherwise why not contribute to the dozens of ethics threads that are already on the forum and not create yet another rant.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 PM

Hey, don't forget a copy of goose sounds on that CD for the guys who roll up on the decoy spreads thinking that they have hit paydirt.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM

I will take one in a Chev Ext Cab lonbox with a 6.0l Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM

If I'm in my ground blind and some passer decides to shoot at my spread, guess who will be shooting back.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Default ford

Hi there i will also take a kit for my pick up it is a ford extened cab short box thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Albertahog

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcon View Post
If I'm in my ground blind and some passer decides to shoot at my spread, guess who will be shooting back.
THat is not a smart thing to say .
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM

No, unfortunately you will be more likely to be charged than the other nutcase.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Not likely.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I like to jump up out of my blind and wave my arms, usually results in an instant 180.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:

brilliant!!!.....i hope you draw a "nice" cell mate in jail sir.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM

Bowman 077 is just frustrated, and possibly understandibly so.

However, it just gets everyone all riled up when you post the same thing back to back and serves no benefit other than just getting another rant thread going. He posted this thread five minutes apart from this one.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=22081
Old 11-03-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
brilliant!!!.....i hope you draw a "nice" cell mate in jail sir.
You have to get caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudislander View Post
I like to jump up out of my blind and wave my arms, usually results in an instant 180.
I have been joking around, but have you actually been shot at?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM

You missed the handy option of barbed wire burner. two vertical electrodes mounted on the grill that heat barbed wire enough to break it under light tension. Great for getaways.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Banned

Barbed wire burner? Just sell the barb wire cutter brushguard - drive on through.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

Or you could add a cheese tray and you could have that with your whine..............
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You have to get caught.

I have been joking around, but have you actually been shot at?
Not shot at, but rolled up on a few times. Twice in one week this year, I think it's better to get up and get seen then to risk getting a shot put into my decoys.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:43 PM

Default you stir the pot

now everybody is coming to their defence
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Albertahog

Default wt#????

Quote:
now everybody is coming to their defence
hey please explain what do you mean igorot i for one would like to understand.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 PM

what part you dont unerdstand was it the "c" mispelled
Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM

Whats the cost of these camo and exhaust kits? Shipping times? Also do they come in different patterns? or is it just a standard realtree like pattern.
It's never good to start a business based purely on emotion. You might want to draw up a solid business plan.

Thanks

Sean "The Road Warrior"
& spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
You have to get caught. ?

I hope you know sir theres members who are conservation officers as well as RCMP And well if your serious your time will come .The type who tend to break the law and like to brag to there friends, and well if your friends are honest people will report you. Maybe something to remember.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I hope you know sir theres members who are conservation officers as well as RCMP And well if your serious your time will come .The type who tend to break the law and like to brag to there friends, and well if your friends are honest people will report you. Maybe something to remember.
Well aren't you proud Mr. Politically Correct. I guess people aren't allowed to joke around. I guess you never cracked joke or sprinkled a little sarcasm. I'll keep it serious from now on, especially on thread that is making a mockery of road hunters.

How do you know that I am not a conservation or RCMP officer? If you actually KNOW me you would KNOW that I am an advocate of conservation, a member of many associations and that I strongly promote catch and release (fishing) and ethical hunting with both bow and firearm. If you knew the diligence I take, and the respect I have for the animals I both catch and release and harvest you would think i'm gaea herself.

Maybe I shouldn't be so "real" but I'm not really a fan of ignorance. I'm not sure if you bothered reading the ENTIRE message but if you did, you would see that I clearly stated that i'm screwing around. I apologize that I didnt know I was breaking law 14.3 of the Alberta Outdoorsmen's code of ethics.

OH and to save you some time, cause i'm sure you wouldn't bother looking it up, gaea is the the ancient Greek goddess of the earth.

Tcon
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM

I can feel the love
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Sweet, me too!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Am I missing something here. The road hunters that I described are the ones that I see shooting from the roads and onto land that is clearly posted no hunting or that I know they don't have permission to be on as this is where I live. We are constantly dealing with these guys who when you catch them opening a gate with a big No trespassing sign, bravely give you the finger as they are speeding off. I have no problem with the people who follow the rules and if cruising around the places where you have permission to hunt and getting off the road to whack a deer then yes that is fine with me. I hope that there is no one who defends road hunters is defending the group I described.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

Bowman.. What you are discribing is not "hunters" they are poachers and criminals.

A road hunter to me is a guy who ask's permision or hunts crown land or Lease land.

Jamie
Old 11-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman077 View Post
Am I missing something here. The road hunters that I described are the ones that I see shooting from the roads and onto land that is clearly posted no hunting or that I know they don't have permission to be on as this is where I live. We are constantly dealing with these guys who when you catch them opening a gate with a big No trespassing sign, bravely give you the finger as they are speeding off. I have no problem with the people who follow the rules and if cruising around the places where you have permission to hunt and getting off the road to whack a deer then yes that is fine with me. I hope that there is no one who defends road hunters is defending the group I described.
Looks like most didn't take the time read your opening thread completely, or else there are a few who are openly admitting to shooting off the road onto land to which they have no permission, both of which are illegal activities and should be reported.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Jamie.

Your right it may be a nomenclature thing, but the people I describe who shoot from the road and open gates and don't ask for permission are far to common come hunting season. And as a hunting community we have to stamp these action out. These people have created a lot of anti hunter sentiment and has made it difficult to get permission, since as soon as you mention you are a hunter the landowners envision guys who have cut fences and trespassed. I have come to realize that you can't blame the landowners as they live here 365 and most dread the 30 days of November. It is really sad.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM

I've fenced my land with the only gate near my house in hopes of stopping these people from shooting towards my house at deer in my field.I've had it posted for years but there's still some that can't read.