Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned

Well you all are right about one thing.. We cant police everything..

Still seems wrong to me. I cant put it in words.. But this just doesnt seem right.

I also happen to think it is a silly law..
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Banned

Not worth worrying about. Threads with the words morals and ethics are getting beat to death and very redundant here.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM

It kills me to find myself agreeing with 209 here ( wait for gasps of amazement ) but I firmly believe that electronic calls will become legal for big game soon enough. Jamie I understand how you feel, I thought the same thing when I saw one at the Blueberry Hill General Store ( Rich you know where I mean ) and thought "Gee wonder who uses these?" As hunters we have wayyyy bigger issues to deal with......but what do I know
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 PM

I think the sale of electronic calls is likely one of the least, if not the least threatening issue to Conservation at the present time in Alberta.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Default mimic the calls....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Ok, I had a tough time explaing this one to my NON HUNTING wife.
Why does WSS allow the sale of electronic callers when we all know they are illegal to use in most sittuations.

It seems after listening to her and thinking about it myself.. This is just plain wrong. Its like they are encouraging hunters to break the law.

I really dont think this is moral or right in any way.

Perhaps it could be considered a "stupid" law.. But still, it is a law.
I am begining to think next time I drop by, I am going to try and speak to a manager. There should be no place for this type of thing in our hunting stores,.. What are we teaching the new commers or the kids?

Any thoughts?

Jamie
Jamoe maybe these guys/gals are useing the electronic calls to learn what they sound like. and try to mimic those calls in the field.....not everybody has heard a cow elk,moose, buck deer or bull elk...just my two cents........... congrats on that monster bull..looks good on ya......MB
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Gone Hunting

I've had a computer meltdown and just got to read this now.

Jamie, rest easy my friend my soul is still for sale.

I've been involved with the selling and use of electronic calls for several years. I do not use them where they re not legal. In Alberta, this year they are legal for snow geese. Hopefully Alberta will cach up to the rest of the free world and allow them for predators next year.

They are just another tool, not some evil device that takes control of the user's mind and forces him/her to commit unspeakable acts with wildlife.

As has been said some guys sell houses to grow ops or drug users or people wanting to move into the brothel business.

How much do you want the gov't to control of your life and how much do you want to be responsible for?

All the laws in the world don't make a poacher or any other criminal take the straight and narrow.

I use e callers where they are legal and hand calls where they aren't.

I saw a gun store that sold handguns. I won't be petitioning any time soon to ban their sale, even though someone may be poaching with them.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand