Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Default paintball question

i know i know this is not a paint ball forum...but does anyone know if bringing paintball markers (guns) across the border is a hassle??
Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 AM

As long as it's marked paintball 'marker' or sporting goods, I've never had a problem. Just don't write 'gun' anywhere on the package and it's always been fine for me.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 AM

I crossed with one about 5 years back and had no issues..... yes I declared it. On the return trip one of the Canadian customs officers wanted to know the muzzle velocity, and I had no answer, but one of their co-workers waived the question knowing the what the thing was.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 AM

cool, thanks guys
Old 11-02-2008, 10:26 AM

I use to play in some tournaments down in the states and we never had a problem crossing the border with our PB guns.

MM
Old 11-02-2008, 10:33 AM

good to hear. i just played for my first time this weekend...and i think it may become a habit haha...but the prices in the states are much better...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmike View Post
I use to play in some tournaments down in the states and we never had a problem crossing the border with our PB guns.

MM
when did you play maybe we had a game against each other. 10 years ago we were the redneck warriors played tournys all over Canada and the states.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
when did you play maybe we had a game against each other. 10 years ago we were the redneck warriors played tournys all over Canada and the states.
No, it was a bit longer then that ago. I use to play for Team Havoc. Met some great people from all walks of life. The BS and politics ruined it for me. The last tourny I did was the CAN indoors down at the Stampede grounds. MR paintball and P.V. ran it. Did have fun playing back in the day.

MM
Old 11-02-2008, 11:07 AM

heard of you guy. you were a good team.. not as good as us.. you were couple years before we got started. we played for about 5 years before we packed it in. like you said to much bs and cheating
Old 11-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Funny story for you. I haven't played for some time and went with my buddy, for his kids B-Day party. He needed another "Adult" and since my kids were going already, thought why not. Well playin with a bunch of 12 yr olds should be fun.......no "politics" Who would of thought that the kid in me would of come out so COMPEDITIVELY or crazy old "pyscho" paintball player Needless to say all the kids on my team were telling my boys your dad rocks. The switch went off and when the horn sounded it was just like the old days, running down the tape. I looked to see where my team was, not to be seen?? So I attacked and took out the whole other team, including my buddy and one of my own sons. For that 1st game I totally forgot I was there to have fun and look out for the boys. So for the next game they only gave me 20 paintballs. I became a bit of a coach teaching the kids how to move together. It turned out to be such a fun day. Was so much more FUN then I remembered. It made me remember why I fell in love with it in the 1st place. To bad it left such a sour taste in my mouth, with the who knew who crap Who knows maybe I would of still been around to play agaist you.

MM
Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 PM

played for 8 years and traveled to the states a couple times by plane with my gun. never been an issue they were always more concerned with the tank.

make sure to bleed it and take the head off of it at the threads to prove its not under pressure

BTW mike i think i remember team havoc as well we would have played you numerous times at nats and the mr series? played for a team called juvie d
Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 PM

I was part of the orginal Havoc back in the early 90's to mid. I heard that some of the guys recuited some young guys that kept it going longer. I played with the owners of MR back when they 1st started playing. Mike and Richard, started Personal Vendetta (P.V.) and MR paintball around the same time.

Paintball came a long way from back in the day. My 1st tourny was up in Edmonton The odd guy had a semi, most were pumps or auto-trigger (you held the trigger and pumped as fast as you could to shoot).

You guys started when the game was already FAST N FURIOUS.

Thanks for bringing back some old memories guys.