Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2008, 02:26 PM

Default Rhino or Ranger

I am going to look at the yamaha rhino and polaris ranger side by sides. 700 models. Any preferences and if so why? Which would you buy?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:11 PM

Well it all depends if you like the sportier feel then the Rhino is your best bet but if you like a more of a work horse then the Ranger is for you. I would get the Rhino if I had to choose between them because it can still be a workhorse and have tons of fun on the trails. I think it is one of the best all around UTV.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:45 PM

I agree, as a Rhino owner, I am very impressed with the capabilities of it. I was very nervous at first but after driving it all summer I would buy it again in a heart beat. One word of caution though, I carry a chain saw with me. quad trails can get very narrow in places and one tree may make a short trip out of your day.

The Ranger is quite a bit wider than the Rhino and will make it even harder to get around on some of the trails. I know there are bridges that I can just squeeze across in the Swan Hills area and the Ranger would not fit at all. Hope this helps
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Eyeswideshut

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmered View Post
I agree, as a Rhino owner, I am very impressed with the capabilities of it. I was very nervous at first but after driving it all summer I would buy it again in a heart beat. One word of caution though, I carry a chain saw with me. quad trails can get very narrow in places and one tree may make a short trip out of your day.

The Ranger is quite a bit wider than the Rhino and will make it even harder to get around on some of the trails. I know there are bridges that I can just squeeze across in the Swan Hills area and the Ranger would not fit at all. Hope this helps

Good advice,.. carry a chainsaw,.. my group at least 2 have saws,.. even if we ride quads,.. In some cases bridges have to be fixed or built and if you are in a Rhino,.. it makes it a little more easier.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 PM

Default UTV's

P.M. me and I can give you all the differences between the two, good and bad!

Tim

Last edited by funtimetim; 11-02-2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: layout
Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM

Default Diffferences

delete