Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Question Opening morning with my boy!

We're out for morning hunt and it feels good. Been working way too much so its great being out with my son. Hope everyone out today has an enjoyable day.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 AM

I know exactly how u feel. My dad's schedule doesn't line up with mine Til the holidays. No sheep hunting together, no bird or bow hunting together, no rifle season together. Hopefully we can at least put a couple up the tree together!! There's no time like family time. Good luck to u both as well as all the father son teams out there!!
"I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only is a target but as living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life,if I can with regrets as well as joy, with the sure knowledge that natures way of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate then I can bestow."- Fred Bear
Old 11-01-2013, 07:34 AM

All the best to ya! I'm headin home after this month-long stint in the bush to squeeze in a few days of hunting with the pops. Can't wait!

Goodluck and way to go.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Good luck to you and your son. I had my son out with me last week for a few days in the wall tent. We had to drive an hour in the dark on cut lines and trails, me in the Argo and tub trailer, him following on his quad. Got to the tent(already set up), got the beds ready and started up the stove. Had cold pizza for a late supper. After a good sleep we walked right from camp looking to find Bullwinkle. 3 days and no moose but man did we make some memories. He is 15 and just started working PT so him getting out in November on Saturdays is not looking good for him to get his first deer(sundays he is committed to soccer). We do have access to a good spot close to the city that's close enough for after school and then Wainwright deer but I might have to pull him from school a couple times just in case, Cough cough. Nothing better then being out with your kid.