Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Wish View Post
Thanks for the ideas Trooper and Foothillsman. I will check that out. Gives me an "excuse" to go buy a chrony too.
So if I have inadvertently damaged the crown on my barrel where to from here?

Dick284
What do I want to hear?
I sincerely respect the knowledge and expertise you have with weapons and ammo. I was hoping you would share some of that with those of us that do not have the same depth of understanding. Considering that we are on a Forum where people exchange ideas and converse. Instead it appears I have simply aggravated you. For that I apologize and I will make certain not to let it happen again.
Regards,
Dave.
No aggrivation at all, you've already hit on the single premis to which good shooting will come. "there are no absolutes"

There is no magic bullet, load or pill out there, in any given rifle any number of combinations may work or not work. Why certain ones work is so affected by so many variables, trying to discuss it will simply disolve into the relm of drearyness, it's just better to go shoot and find the nuances of your own rifle.

Let the rifle tell you what it likes, simple as that.
How do you find what the rifle likes, well, by shooting various loads through it.

It seems far to many folks simply can't get past the finding out for yourself part.

There are no absolutes