Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
We don't know what took place there other than shots fired.

Your speculating way toooo much again.
That's actually not true at all. There is no speculation about two police officers opening fire on a target that they could not possibly have identified correctly, and putting rounds into a building occupied by local civilians and firemen. I did not speculate as to how or why it happened, that is for the inquiry to determine or cover up as the case may be. I only made the observation that it did happen. And that it was an epic mistake to do so (which I classify as an educated opinion, because anybody who has taken any safety courses with firearms knows you always do have to identify your target, particularly when it is another human being no??). So not speculating at all, and nowhere near way tooooo much.

Hey, I get it, you served and you're understandably a big supporter of guys in uniform. But do they always get your automatic pass even for obviously egregious foul ups?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-14-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:37 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
That's actually not true at all. There is no speculation about two police officers opening fire on a target that they could not possibly have identified correctly, and putting rounds into a building occupied by local civilians and firemen. I did not speculate as to how or why it happened, that is for the inquiry to determine or cover up as the case may be. I only made the observation that it did happen. And that it was an epic mistake to do so (which I classify as an educated opinion, because anybody who has taken any safety courses with firearms knows you always do have to identify your target, particularly when it is another human being no??). So not speculating at all, and nowhere near way tooooo much.

Hey, I get it, you served and you're understandably a big supporter of guys in uniform. But do they always get your automatic pass even for obviously egregious foul ups?

There are no passes in life....sooner or later you will answer for your actions....sometimes sooner than later.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-15-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urcayuse View Post
Look I get that the RCMP is an old and well respected institution, but the hero worship is a bit undeserved in this situation. Prior to the massacre the neighbors complained about this guy and cache of weapons he had, nothing happened.
Instead of sending out an emergency alert they used "Twitter"...Pure genius!
And to top it all off apparently part of the ROE was to light up anyone next to a parked cruiser wearing a safety vest....and then flee the scene.
We all know heads should roll for this circus of buffoonery and the likely hood they will is pretty small unfortunately.

And this is exactly what starts the poop train rolling...ROE...who knows what? There is a investigation going on and there will be answers to some really hard questions....in the mean time just remember the words of the fella who lost his brother...

"Help people. That's my message today: help people," he said. "Come together as a community and help each other. These people need help, they are going to be suffering for a long time."

Old 05-15-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
And this is exactly what starts the poop train rolling...ROE...who knows what? There is a investigation going on and there will be answers to some really hard questions....in the mean time just remember the words of the fella who lost his brother...

"Help people. That's my message today: help people," he said. "Come together as a community and help each other. These people need help, they are going to be suffering for a long time."
I don't share your confidence that the public will ever hear the answers, or that the people responsible , will ever be found accountable, when the RCMP investigate themselves.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I don't share your confidence that the public will ever hear the answers, or that the people responsible , will ever be found accountable, when the RCMP investigate themselves.
I never said it will be shared...We will never know...sensitive information may...may not be shared....

Just asking for all to help each other....as the young fella said.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I never said it will be shared...We will never know...sensitive information may...may not be shared....

Just asking for all to help each other....as the young fella said.
Unless the answers are shared, we will never know what questions were even asked, let alone if they were answered.

It will be like trying to get an answer out of Trudeau..
Old 05-15-2020, 09:23 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Unless the answers are shared, we will never know what questions were even asked, let alone if they were answered.

It will be like trying to get an answer out of Trudeau..
Exactly....so we can control only one thing and that is to be kind and help each other.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:28 PM

Donald Trumps fault for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 05-15-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanCretien View Post
Donald Trumps fault for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trudeau will probably end up blaming Harper.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Trudeau will probably end up blaming Harper.
That’s a given !
Old 05-22-2020, 06:15 PM

I thought this was a fair article on what happened in NS. Particularly the final word about how there needs to be accountability.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-...with-the-rcmp/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone