Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-20-2020, 08:42 PM

Default Age requirement to hunt migratory birds in Alberta

Do a young person need to be 10 or 12 years old too hunt ducks and geese in Alberta.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2020, 06:17 AM

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/
Old 05-21-2020, 06:38 AM

from the regs.....

Youth first-time hunters must be at least 12 years old (10 years of age for game bird) to hunt under the authority of any hunting licence in Alberta. All hunters under the age of 16 years must have written permission from a parent or guardian to purchase hunting licences. Hunters who are 11 years old may apply in the draws for licences if they meet the above criteria, but they must be 12 years old anytime before or during the open season for that draw. They may not hunt until they are 12 years old. To hunt with a firearm, hunters under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, a legal guardian or by a person 18 years of age or older who has the written permission of the parent or legal guardian. If a youth turns 18 during the hunting season, they can continue to hunt using their valid licence.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:19 AM

I’m curious as to the requirements. I presume that they’ll need to take a hunters education course and then purchase a WIN card. I’ve been trying contact our local F&W shop but they’re currently closed due to Covid 19
Old 05-26-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotecaller View Post
I’m curious as to the requirements. I presume that they’ll need to take a hunters education course and then purchase a WIN card. I’ve been trying contact our local F&W shop but they’re currently closed due to Covid 19
Yes the Hunters Training course and WIN will be needed. I believe you can do the hunters ed online. https://aheia.com/ Hope this helps some
Old 05-26-2020, 09:12 AM

Everything can be done onllne (obtain a WIN and AHEIA). A person also requires a game bird license to hunt migratory birds....

AHEIA
WIN
Wildlife Certificate
Game bird license
Migratory bird permit

^^^^^^^^this is the order in which to get it all done and again.......everything listed here can be done online (hot-linked for you)