Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-21-2013, 12:24 PM

Anyone interested in fishing the Bow in North Calgary this week? Maybe close to the Bowmont/Edworthy area? I'm still fairly a fairly new fly fisher and I think it would be nice to go along with someone with some more experience a few times. PM me if interested.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:15 AM

Default re post @ note to Sticky

Hi guys
Would this thread be better if the latest post be shown first instead of last. It would help to keep the post up with the latest interests and requests. My opinion.
Bjay
Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM

I am working nights 5-1am this week and I am wondering if anyone wants to fish the bow an afternoon this week? I am a beginner but would love to learn from a more experienced fly fisherman or even just head out with another beginner. Shoot me a PM and we can figure something out!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:11 PM

Anyone going out tonight?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM

Default Monday. August 26

Up for fishing if anybody interested. Live outside red deer. Go to a lake or a stream. I do both. Don't care what kind of trout. Will go from Calgary enhanced to Caroline. Drop me a line
Old 08-21-2013, 10:12 PM

i know i am bit late here for tomorrow but if anyone wants to join i am looking to hit up lil red deer, dogpound or raven tomorrow. Can leave whenever since i have day off and have a vehicle to take if you wanna ride. just pm and we can set the detail or even any other rivers for that matter just kinda wanna go chase some browns
Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM

looking to get out kids and wifes away any one heading out friday or sat looking for a partner
Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Blackstone river holiday Monday. Leave early from lodgepole.

Looking for a fishing partner. Pm me. I have a pool in mind that I saw but was unable to fish. I want to go upstream to the bridge on cutoff creek road.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 PM

This weekend again. 1-780-898-0525 aritchie1@hotmail.com
call text or email
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 PM

I am going to post again. I want to leave tomorrow eve, but early Saturday morning would work too. aritchie1@hotmail.com 1-780-898-0525.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:30 PM

New to Calgary looking to go out. I do not no the area so you would need to be my guide. I left my waders back home so dry land would be ideal. I can drive I have a truck. Looking to go Sat or Sun.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Default Lethbridge to police lake

Anyone interested in going to police lake this Sunday, I have a pontoon but am not against fishing out of a boat if you have one.
Wayne
Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM

Going out for my last day on the tube - upper k will probably be my location... perhaps lower as well... Let me know if you are interested in joining. Have room for 1 more person, and 1 tube (or packable pontoon). Let me know! leaving early, leaving k country around 5
Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 PM

Im in edmonton and i was thinkin on hittin the water one last time saturday for trout i got twopntoon boats and they both fit in my truck if your into it pm me. Maybe we can do it up
Old 02-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Default fly fishing partners

i would like to meet more fishermen for the upcoming fly fishing season, i currently work a week on week off. and am based in canmore. i fished last year with ok results and am hooked, fully kitted out with ram 1500 4x4 quad cab, motorbike, mtn bike, canoe, 14ft WW raft(fishing frame modifications happening soon), camper.

i'm interested in;
fishing rivers, streams, and lakes (would like to try still water) access can be hike, bike, moto, 4x4, boat access, afternoon, day and overnighters to multi day trips.

keen for anything. afternoon on the bow to 5 day fly in epic rafting trips, 20km hikes to motorbike/fishing trips

get in touch if your like minded.

thanks

colin
Old 02-08-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2STROKE View Post
i would like to meet more fishermen for the upcoming fly fishing season, i currently work a week on week off. and am based in canmore. i fished last year with ok results and am hooked, fully kitted out with ram 1500 4x4 quad cab, motorbike, mtn bike, canoe, 14ft WW raft(fishing frame modifications happening soon), camper.

i'm interested in;
fishing rivers, streams, and lakes (would like to try still water) access can be hike, bike, moto, 4x4, boat access, afternoon, day and overnighters to multi day trips.

keen for anything. afternoon on the bow to 5 day fly in epic rafting trips, 20km hikes to motorbike/fishing trips

get in touch if your like minded.

thanks

colin
Hi Colin How do you score a week on week off job and live in canmore? What do you do for work?
That aside. I also love hiking or moto access or just plain old driving in and day hikes to the location. I am based out of Drayton Valley. I am willing to drive. My favorite spots are on the trunk road up above hwy 11, but I need to send some more time south of 11 to 1. Lets stay in touch.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:25 PM

stocker,

just started in the oil sands. sent you a pm also
Old 03-21-2014, 12:46 AM

I'm just getting into flyfishing so if anyone doesn't mind a newby tagging along on your next outing and showing some tips and tricks, please send me a pm. I normally fish lakes for walleye and pike from a boat so I can reciprocate with some lake trips. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:41 PM

Default April 5th Fly Fishing

It has been months since I have thrown a fly and I'm hoping to get out this Sunday (April 5th).

I live in Wetaskiwin and was thinking about trying the Rocky Mountain House area for the first time.

Does anyone know if the River is clear of ice?

Would anyone like to join me?

Any tips as to where I could go - not looking for your honey hole but any info would help as I have never been there before.

I am not dead set on Rocky Mountain House if anyone from surrounding areas wants to try somewhere else - I am willing to drive a couple hours to get into some moving water.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 PM

Does anybody live or like to fish the bow in ogden or river bend I love fishing in this area cause I live in ogden and wouldn't mind some company or some new tricks thinking about buying a pontoon to do some trips to but don't have any friends that like to fly fish so I'm on my own.iam experienced and can hold my own.also will fish any wear down south as well.have a truck so boats are no problem.i want to a guided trip this year as well so that's something to think about as thanks for looking.keith

Last edited by vital shok; 04-02-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:14 PM

Hitting the trunk road this weekend.
Anyone care to join?
Leaving Sat AM coming back Sun PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 PM

Default Starting out

Hey! Im getting in to fly fishing, looking for partners and any referals for a good guide to show the basics to help get started any info or tips would be good!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM

I should also say that I'm in the Edmonton area
Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldrifter View Post
Hey! Im getting in to fly fishing, looking for partners and any referals for a good guide to show the basics to help get started any info or tips would be good!
Same here. Long time fisherman but i just picked up my first fly fishing outfit today. If somebody would like to share some knowledge, i would like to start in the few pothole lakes around Edmonton. I also have a nice fishing boat for bigger water if anybody interested. I provided the boat, you, the knowledge lol.

I should pick up quickly as i used to follow my dad who use to be an avid Atlantic Salmon fly fisherman. But i haven't touched a fly rod in over 20 years. Hopefully i can catch a few trouts without loosing an eye lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM

Looking to get out sometime this week. Walk and wade or pontoon it dont matter. Any takers?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Hey guys
I am always looking for someone to join me
I have a raft for the rivers /and lakes
Heded out to muir tonight
Maybe to the bow this week end
Old 05-16-2014, 09:31 PM

Hello,
Heading out on the bow river from glenmore to fish creek park on the 22 of May, I have a hyde drift boat, anybody interested to join me please call at 5874346892 Savino
Old 06-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Hey I'm thinking of going to wedge pond this weekend..... anyone want to tag along?
Pm me if interested. I'm bringing my kayak
Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 PM

hey, been in Calgary for a number of years, but havent been able to get out fishing of any kind. I just finished getting my fly rod re-lined and picked up a bunch of ties. Anyone interested in showing a fairly green horn fly fisherman the ropes and a good spot or 2 near downtown? I can see the 10th street bridge from my window, and let me tell you... not a single spot to get a decent cast between there and center street. havent walked upstream yet. any guidance is greatly appreciated, as well as potential holes from a walking point of view. thanks all

P.S. I should probably add im free evening and weekends although weekends ill be up round rocky mtn house in the coming weeks
Old 06-14-2014, 11:58 PM

Anyone interested in an opening day trip.
I have a spot in mind that I've been monitoring closely. Looks like it may be a perfect opening day! Fly or conventional doesn't matter to me. I'll be chuckin bugs all day. Have rain gear, as a free shower ain't enough to send me packing, although a long lightning storm might! Leaving at 5:00 sharp, from Seton - good street parking there to meet up! Let me know!