Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-12-2022, 11:30 AM

Default Leica Warranty Service - McBain Camera

So big shout out to Bob at McBain on 107 ave Edmonton. Dropped off my Leica Duovids end of November to get them sent back to Leica. They have been great glass but this year they developed a notch in the focus knob and I could not get the focus clear like it used to be. I have owned lots of Leica products, still have 4 but this is the first time I had to send anything for repair.

McBain's sent them back to Leica for me and I just got a call back from Leica, binoculars are being fixed under warranty and will be returned shortly. Apologized for the delay, said they pretty much close up the New Jersey repair shop for three weeks over Christmas and New Years so everyone can have a good holiday break. I think that is pretty good service and turnaround for this time of year and excellent help form McBain's as always. Nice to find a dealer that helps with after sales service, not just interested in selling you the product and then you are on your own.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:47 PM

I had to send in my Leica 10x42 bino's for repair after noticing right eye focus was fuzzy. The service was 100% exceptional and the way the factory cleaned and detailed the complete unit was over the top. For 15 year old bino's they looked absoulutly brand spanking new.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:12 AM

Went a nd picked up my Leica's from Bob at McBains. The repair centre did a great job, they look brand new, I thin they even replace all of the lens covers with new ones. Focus wheel and clarity is right back to as excellent as they were new. I can see every detail of the shingles on the house 150 yards from me, and looking into the bush and can again pick apart the individual branches at distance. The 8 to 12 power is back to being perfectly smooth again.

For those of you interested, Bob is semi retired now, works till 1 every day, and plans to fully retire next year. I will miss his expertise.