Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 12-28-2021, 12:39 PM

Default Exuma diy bones

We decided yesterday to extend our trip another 6 days for some reason lol. Has anyone fished for bones on any of the flats ? Any info much appreciated tia
Old 12-28-2021, 01:52 PM

Well unfortunately it was over 20 years ago that i was doing exactly that in the Exuma's so I cant be of much help as far as location.

I will say elevation of some kind was a game changer for us. We had a couple of 15' boston whalers at our disposal and once we figured out that we should be standing in/on the boats to spot fish in the flats we started to be more successful.

We were exceptionally green way back then and i think we spent around 2 weeks chasing bones and only landed 3 fish but aside from steelhead fishing back home it is by far the most fun i've had fishing.

For reference we were staying on houseboats at Hawksbill cay so we needed to travel a fair ways to get outside the park where we could fish.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soab View Post
We decided yesterday to extend our trip another 6 days for some reason lol. Has anyone fished for bones on any of the flats ? Any info much appreciated tia
Sorry, this is a few days late. I assume you’ve found your way by now. I fished there 2 years ago and did well on the different flats by the old airport. Good luck
Old 01-11-2022, 06:53 AM

just cat island and long island....