Old 03-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Banned

https://scontent.fyyc5-1.fna.fbcdn.n...6a&oe=5B3C55B4

Smart kid....
Old 03-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Not sure if this is the play. It was Nugent-Hopkins that went after Stajan on this play. Gotta give him credit for stepping in.

Here's the play where Lazar got a high sticking penalty. That's Stewart behind the net. McDavid's reacting to something-or-another.

You can stop and start the vid all day. Good luck on finding a high stick. McDavid knows the league/refs protects the star players and sells this one pretty well.
https://streamable.com/99t8m
It's there. The other angle shows the blade of the stick hitting him.. Very minor, but it was there. Calgary bullied them all around the rink last night and they couldn't/wouldnt do anything. Even when sitting on the bench they turtled
Old 03-14-2018, 05:50 PM

IMG_0517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Sorry, yep this was the play. Completely unintentional by Lazar, I thought that it was number 13 who stepped in after Stajan and Stewart gave him a little sandwich. I can guarantee if Kassian and Khaira had stepped into Gaudreau, someone on the Flames would have held them accountable. Which is what should have happened.
Lucic ran over Gaudreau infront of the bench last night, didn't see any kind of response. McDavid can take care of himself and doesn't need a babysitter like Gaudreau. He will fight eventually and it might even happen in the last 10 games. Not because he doesn't have teammates that won't stick up for him, I think he wants to prove he is not scared to. Hall was in about his 3rd or 4th season and so was Crosby before they dropped the gloves. McDavid was out for a month in Junior with a broken hand from a fight, so he has done it before and I bet he will do it again. If hands are half as fast as his feet, look out!
Old 03-14-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
It's there. The other angle shows the blade of the stick hitting him.. Very minor, but it was there. Calgary bullied them all around the rink last night and they couldn't/wouldnt do anything. Even when sitting on the bench they turtled
Didn't watch the start of the game? Or miss it? I do have to give Hamonic a bit of credit for staying in there. He should consider himself pretty lucky getting out of that one before Nurse really got going

Hoping the little pest Thachuck is in the next game, would love to see Darnell give him the tuning he needs
Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Lucic ran over Gaudreau infront of the bench last night, didn't see any kind of response. McDavid can take care of himself and doesn't need a babysitter like Gaudreau. He will fight eventually and it might even happen in the last 10 games. Not because he doesn't have teammates that won't stick up for him, I think he wants to prove he is not scared to. Hall was in about his 3rd or 4th season and so was Crosby before they dropped the gloves. McDavid was out for a month in Junior with a broken hand from a fight, so he has done it before and I bet he will do it again. If hands are half as fast as his feet, look out!
I may be wrong, but I doubt there's too many players in the league crapping their hockey pants if and/or when McSalary Cap killer decides to dazzle them with his pugilistic skills
Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
I may be wrong, but I doubt there's too many players in the league crapping their hockey pants if and/or when McSalary Cap killer decides to dazzle them with his pugilistic skills
Ever see the fight where he broke his hand?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:09 PM

I never said he will be the next Rocky Balboa, but people will notice if he ever does drop the gloves.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Ever see the fight where he broke his hand?

Better than a lot you see in the NHL right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxb3bMf2UQg
Old 03-14-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:

He has a strong wrist but a soft hand. How did that happen?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:

He'd have Thachuk turtled anyways
Old 03-14-2018, 06:17 PM

The whole conversation of McDavid making Chuckie turtle in a fight is right up there with Lucic being able to balance a cheque book....good imagination.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-14-2018, 06:29 PM

IMG_0195.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2018, 06:31 PM
Banned

Ok, that one has me laughing as well..
Old 03-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't watch the start of the game? Or miss it? I do have to give Hamonic a bit of credit for staying in there. He should consider himself pretty lucky getting out of that one before Nurse really got going

Hoping the little pest Thachuck is in the next game, would love to see Darnell give him the tuning he needs
I actually 100% missed that as I was working. I watched from about 1/2 way through the first to the end. I just saw Mcjesus get into 2 scrums, get high sticked and saw our goalie try and give it to him. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Mcjesus turn on all his so called team mates and demand a trade. Thats was horrible and shameful.
Oh, and you guys have had plenty of chances at MT.. Wont happen.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:42 PM

Hey, could somebody post up Johnny's college fights, for the life of me I couldn't find them.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Kid is wearing a Flames hat...... you need a little more ambition than that to make the NHL.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey, could somebody post up Johnny's college fights, for the life of me I couldn't find them.
Yup, that's what it's all about. Why even bother trying to win hockey games? Tell you what, you keep Lucic and we'll keep Johnny. You win the fights and we'll win the hockey games.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 PM

Darnell Nurse as a contender....LOL...I know women that could beat his ass
Old 03-14-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Darnell Nurse as a contender....LOL...I know women that could beat his ass
Interesting/tough crew of women you hang out with...yikes. I'm guessing you mind you manners around them.
They would drop em with Lucic as well?
Old 03-14-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Kid is wearing a Flames hat...... you need a little more ambition than that to make the NHL.
It could be worse, he could be wearing an Oilers toque. As bad as Calgary is, they are leading Edmonton in points by a significant margin.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Interesting/tough crew of women you hang out with...yikes. I'm guessing you mind you manners around them.
Lucic is weak as well....He acts like a tough guy but is not....When was the last time he dropped the gloves? Weak...LOL

Mcjesus gets banged up and where is Nurse and Lucic?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:15 PM

I know it's not earth shattering news, but man don't those Oilers suck.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-14-2018, 10:21 PM
Banned

Almost a perfect night. 5 of 6 points to the right teams.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think your getting it wrong.. No one that I knows expects him to play that game. No one in their right mind would expect that. Mcjesus is amazing... (And I mean that) I am speaking of the team sticking up for him. I see he took another big hit tonight. Was there a response? I really don't know. I do know that apparently every team in this league thinks they can take liberties against the best player on the Oilers (If not the league)
Protect him or lose him. Makes me wonder if he isn't that popular in the dressing room? Its that or a bunch of useless "Tough guys" are employed by the Oilers.
I am actually angry about this and he isn't on my team (Yet)
Old 03-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I know it's not earth shattering news, but man don't those Oilers suck.....
I hate them..................
Old 03-15-2018, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Old 03-15-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
I think your getting it wrong.. No one that I knows expects him to play that game. No one in their right mind would expect that. Mcjesus is amazing... (And I mean that) I am speaking of the team sticking up for him. I see he took another big hit tonight. Was there a response? I really don't know. I do know that apparently every team in this league thinks they can take liberties against the best player on the Oilers (If not the league)
Protect him or lose him. Makes me wonder if he isn't that popular in the dressing room? Its that or a bunch of useless "Tough guys" are employed by the Oilers.
I am actually angry about this and he isn't on my team (Yet)
He got hit, its gonna happen. There was no penalty on hit, wasn't dirty, I think it was little Joe that hit him. Against Calgary there was 1 scrum behind the net after McDavid was on top of Smith digging for the puck. Same would of happen to any player digging at the goalie. I don't believe McDavid is on the receiving end of a lot of dirty hit and especially not more than anyone else

But.....

What has been mentioned before and by many in the League is that you have the faster player in the league yet the Oilers are dead last in PP opportunities. I think if there is any liberties taken against McDavid it is in relation to hooking/holding penalties. Maybe the refs feel bad for the opposing D-man and see it as the only way they can stop his speed. Maybe the refs are in awe and want to watch the goal and forget to call the game. But either way there is a lot of hooking and grabbing that would be called if it was any other player. Crosby went through the same thing, Thorton too. McDavid will slowly get more and more vocal with the refs like Crosby and Thorton, but it will take time.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Banned

Another good night. 4/4 points to the good guys.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
He got hit, its gonna happen. There was no penalty on hit, wasn't dirty, I think it was little Joe that hit him. Against Calgary there was 1 scrum behind the net after McDavid was on top of Smith digging for the puck. Same would of happen to any player digging at the goalie. I don't believe McDavid is on the receiving end of a lot of dirty hit and especially not more than anyone else

But.....

What has been mentioned before and by many in the League is that you have the faster player in the league yet the Oilers are dead last in PP opportunities. I think if there is any liberties taken against McDavid it is in relation to hooking/holding penalties. Maybe the refs feel bad for the opposing D-man and see it as the only way they can stop his speed. Maybe the refs are in awe and want to watch the goal and forget to call the game. But either way there is a lot of hooking and grabbing that would be called if it was any other player. Crosby went through the same thing, Thorton too. McDavid will slowly get more and more vocal with the refs like Crosby and Thorton, but it will take time.
Just so you know, all that we are speaking of is talk around the table tonight and at the office. It's not just me. Even the announcer is talking about it. If you think how he is being treated is fine... Well then you are just wrong