Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Disagree. All that had to be done was issue a PO to them under/using government's ability to compel critical suppliers.

Trump refused to do that with American manufacturers - so who's fault is that?

Trump values "free trade" and he got stung with his own tail. He could have tied up capacity to save lives, and paid a fair price for the masks, and now, instead no masks and higher prices for the few he can purchase.

Is he too busy patting himself on the back for what a "perfect" and "strong" and "powerful" job he's doing to listen to EVERYONE telling him there is a critical shortage?

One presidential order and this wouldn't have happened.

Well done Donald ......... lol

He didn't issue a PO because 3M agreed to supply the goverment with hundreds of thousands of masks unfortunately they chose to ignore their agreement in order to inflat their profits at the expense of the American people.
The PO was issued yesterday and 3M will pay a big price for that .

Cheers
Old 04-03-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
The fan boys never will, but the swing voters in the middle... A couple weeks ago I thought that Trump would for sure get a second term. Biden is such a weak candidate. But now I’m thinking probably not...

A lot of people thought that with his “tough guy” persona, he would have been a natural “war-time” leader. This pandemic is really showing otherwise.
Might just be enough Dem tears to pressure test the KXL
Old 04-03-2020, 10:34 PM

different thread

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 04-03-2020 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:55 PM

The USA and France had a big day ...
Old 04-03-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
Lol Andrew Cuomo the guy that ran his state into the ground and admitted in his press confrence that his State is completely broke
Funny that of all the states that are having problems right now 9 of the top 10 are run by Democrats

Cheers
Don't try and explain any thing to a Dem lover,there blinded by hatred and they rather see the wife of rapist run the country then a guy that took a piece on the side .Trump is far from the brightest guy around ,but then again there was a very good reason he won,the people were tired of the DNC corruption .Trump never won cause of Trump ,he won because of the DNC idiots. Same gang of DNC idiots playing the same tune now,go figure.

Now is not a time to start playing politics when there's a pandemic,but for the DNC lovers anytime is good time for them,this is where they will fall again for there plain ignorance and then again maybe Adam Schiff can save them.I wouldn't let that pencil neck liar run a hotdog stand,the pride of the DNC .

Good day
JD
Old 04-03-2020, 11:59 PM
Banned

Obviously Canada needs to start making our own masks seeing as how trump has Jam Tarted the rest of the world from the supplies we need.
Canada has such a large number of very talented people and technology driven companies! what’s the hold up here? Let’s get manufacturing the machinery and materials to start hammering these masks out. We can do it! 👍

I think it’s time we start doing our own thing in many ways.
All the outsourced products we buy should now be made in Canada!
The situation we are in dictates we do not have a choice.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Obviously Canada needs to start making our own masks seeing as how trump has Jam Tarted the rest of the world from the supplies we need.
Canada has such a large number of very talented people and technology driven companies! what’s the hold up here? Let’s get manufacturing the machinery and materials to start hammering these masks out. We can do it! 👍

Wishful thinking in a country that forgot how to build pipelines and cant figure out how to keep essential rail ways open.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Who is going to incur the cost to keep you alive?
I can go totally self sufficient If I have to. Live like little house on the Prarrie then so be it.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:

Canada’s reliance on imported goods has been a flaw for a long time. We have focused on selling raw goods and put little effort utilization of our resources. We would be in a much better position if Canada manufactured more products we rely on then trading off our recourse and buying the finished product

People should not be surprised during a global shortage Canada suffers
Old 04-04-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Canada’s reliance on imported goods has been a flaw for a long time. We have focused on selling raw goods and put little effort utilization of our resources. We would be in a much better position if Canada manufactured more products we rely on then trading off our recourse and buying the finished product

People should not be surprised during a global shortage Canada suffers
When I was much younger, this concern was expressed within Canada. I heard my father and his friends complaining that we produced the grain and meat which were processed in or by Eastern interests and then sold back to us. The means of production were all sold to farmers and ranchers by Eastern companies. Things have changed but Ontario and Quebec still run things to please themselves.

When this is all over, will the globalists remember than we couldn't even rely on the USA to fulfill contracts for essential medical supplies? We still can't sell canola to China because Trudeau was jumping around arresting people that Trump wanted extradited.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:58 AM

Said this is a diff thread

You guys get that Canada and much of the 1st world countries have been thoroughly interdependent since like the beginning of the 20th century...

Total protectionism = the final economic blow to the worlds economy...... this happened in 1929.....

You want this?

How independent are you..... I doubt 90% of us here could be self sufficient.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-04-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Said this is a diff thread

You guys get that Canada and much of the 1st world countries have been thoroughly interdependent since like the beginning of the 20th century...

Total protectionism = the final economic blow to the worlds economy...... this happened in 1929.....

You want this?

How independent are you..... I doubt 90% of us here could be self sufficient.

I don’t think people are talking about Canada attempting to go 100% self reliant but we are heavily reliant on imported goods. There is a portion of those goods that we could develop in Canada supporting a larger % of Canada’s needs

There will always be a benefit to international trade and some reliance on it but there is a benefit to manufacturing more of our own products as well. This can be beneficial to both domestic supply and possibly add new options to international trade

Canada is not at its full potential and could improve upon its situation but that doesn’t mean give everyone the finger and try to be fully independent
Old 04-04-2020, 08:17 AM

Smokey I agree

But as I said yesterday and got jumped all over.....

I’m worried... very worried about our goods supply chain.

We’re gonna need a ‘bits n pieces’ policy for our entire economy very soon.

We got 1/2 month to secure our domestic basic food supply with proper Kanpur force..... should be an easy fix... but it’ll take real leadership.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:

I certainly agree we need to be making more essential things, including medicines, in Canada.

Quote from another forum: It has been suggested that if they are blocking exports to Canada, maybe Canada should stop the export of the specialized pulp that is used in the making of the N-95 masks, with the just-in-time production that would bring production to a stop. I'm sure a substitute be found after only a couple of weeks. I think 3M is making 16 million a shift, they are working 24/7.. Of course Canadians are too nice to do that sort of thing.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Smokey I agree

But as I said yesterday and got jumped all over.....

I’m worried... very worried about our goods supply chain.

We’re gonna need a ‘bits n pieces’ policy for our entire economy very soon.

We got 1/2 month to secure our domestic basic food supply with proper Kanpur force..... should be an easy fix... but it’ll take real leadership.

Oh like I have been saying since the beginning I have no fear of Covid19 it’s the reaction of people and the impact of the measures to combat the virus that are going to be the bigger problem

I am not going to make any crazy predictions but there is things I am watching and not liking. We are in a position the future is unpredictable and could swing in a number of different directions
Old 04-04-2020, 08:35 AM

....... stupid phone.... labour.... wth is Kanpur...?
Old 04-04-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Ok
Old 04-04-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
A city in India. No, don't thank me.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:23 AM

Some news from South Korea re potential drug.

There are two countries I watch, South Korea and Australia.

South Korea effectively flattened the curve at 100 cases plus 17 days. They have a 50 million-ish population.

For Alberta this would be around today (Mar 17 + 17 days).

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...lu-drug-avigan

Australia has a slightly smaller population than Canada but seems to have excellent testing numbers (over 260k tested). They also have a very low mortality rate compared to other nations.

https://www.news.com.au/topics/coronavirus

IMHO, both of these countries are setting the standard for fighting this. Meanwhile, Health Canada seems to be ****ing around with getting more testing kits up and running...I have said from the start - testing is key to getting a grip on this.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:20 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
I don’t think people are talking about Canada attempting to go 100% self reliant but we are heavily reliant on imported goods. There is a portion of those goods that we could develop in Canada supporting a larger % of Canada’s needs

There will always be a benefit to international trade and some reliance on it but there is a benefit to manufacturing more of our own products as well. This can be beneficial to both domestic supply and possibly add new options to international trade

Canada is not at its full potential and could improve upon its situation but that doesn’t mean give everyone the finger and try to be fully independent

I hope once we are over this pandemic that it opens the eyes to the powers to be that we are fortunate enough to be a nation that can 100 percent self reliant...or at least minimize some trade etc....i can see huge changes coming down the pipe....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-04-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Oh like I have been saying since the beginning I have no fear of Covid19 it’s the reaction of people and the impact of the measures to combat the virus that are going to be the bigger problem

I am not going to make any crazy predictions but there is things I am watching and not liking. We are in a position the future is unpredictable and could swing in a number of different directions
Exactly this is unpredictable but we can control some factors that will help stop the spread of this virus....

Old 04-04-2020, 10:24 AM

Wink True

image.jpg

Old 04-04-2020, 10:58 AM

Apparently many hospitals had sufficient stocks of medical masks but they had expired just before the shtf. Can somebody explain to me how these things can expire while sitting in storage?
Old 04-04-2020, 11:12 AM

Sweden has 10 mil people
Canada has 38 mil people

Sweden has 6,500 cases.
Canada has 13,000 cases.

Sweden has 373 deaths
Canada has 214 deaths

Time will say if passive approach works for Sweden.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Apparently many hospitals had sufficient stocks of medical masks but they had expired just before the shtf. Can somebody explain to me how these things can expire while sitting in storage?
I'm guessing the same way it takes a diapers 100 years to disappear in a landfill but a car seat is no good in three years.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
https://workersafety.3m.com/why-do-d...ed-shelf-life/
Old 04-04-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
Sounds to me like a great way for 3M to maintain a steady supply of re orders for the same product . I have a few N95 masks that I bought probably 10 yrs ago elastic is fine foam nose piece fine they’ve been in an open box not sealed
Old 04-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds to me like a great way for 3M to maintain a steady supply of re orders for the same product . I have a few N95 masks that I bought probably 10 yrs ago elastic is fine foam nose piece fine they’ve been in an open box not sealed
More Money for Me
Old 04-04-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
There is a big problem though that donkey is presently making the decision
Old 04-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Banned

Arrow

Researchers are finding mounting evidence that asymptomatic COVID-19 carriers are "driving" the rapid spread of the virus around the globe — contradicting what Canadian officials were saying just weeks ago.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cov...ders-1.5520006