Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2018, 03:38 PM

Default air guns

Has anyone on here order an air rifle form the states? I`ve been looking at a few and because they are over 495'/sec I was wondering if they are hard to get into Canada.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4extreme View Post
Has anyone on here order an air rifle form the states? I`ve been looking at a few and because they are over 495'/sec I was wondering if they are hard to get into Canada.
If they are over 500 fps they are treated as a firearm.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:43 PM

I bought a Benjamin 22 cal pellet rifle, it shoots 1000fps cost around $400.00 with an awesome 3 to 9 power scope included. Squirrels, pigeons, and Canmore bunnies fear me. Oh yeah I bought it in Canada.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Banned

You can get some pretty good high powered air rifles in Canada. Unless you are buying a top dollar rifle that you absolutely can't get here I think you will end up losing after paying duty and the fees required to have someone like irunguns import it for you.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Banned

D&L airguns in Vancouver.I read some bad reviews about Pyramid air in the US.and again some are very happy and I don,t think they sell in Canada.
Nitro piston is the way to go .
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
I bought a Benjamin 22 cal pellet rifle, it shoots 1000fps cost around $400.00 with an awesome 3 to 9 power scope included. Squirrels, pigeons, and Canmore bunnies fear me. Oh yeah I bought it in Canada.
i been looking at that one too. The states seem to have even better ones. I was hoping to get one for gophers this summer.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:32 AM

I have a Diana 350 Magnum .22 with a Hawke 3-9 x 40 with side wheel focus I'm thinking of selling. New shape. Shoot a pm if interested
Old 01-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
D&L airguns in Vancouver.I read some bad reviews about Pyramid air in the US.and again some are very happy and I don,t think they sell in Canada.
Nitro piston is the way to go .
D&L is probably the best in Canada (and I've dealt with most of the majors).
Kelly (sales) and John (service) will go out of their way to be helpful.
I find I can usually purchase there and even factoring in postage it's less expensive than local.
As far as service...I once had an issue with a CO2 pistol. It was under warranty but John explained how with shipping and repair turnaround time I would be without the pistol for at least three weeks. I had a shooting event planned with it (it was 10m pistol) the next week. He asked me if I was a handy guy (I am) and he spent 45 minutes on the phone walking be through the repair (an internal spring in the trigger can come adrift). The gun was up and running an hour later.
Can't say enough good about them.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
D&L is probably the best in Canada (and I've dealt with most of the majors).
Kelly (sales) and John (service) will go out of their way to be helpful.
I find I can usually purchase there and even factoring in postage it's less expensive than local.
As far as service...I once had an issue with a CO2 pistol. It was under warranty but John explained how with shipping and repair turnaround time I would be without the pistol for at least three weeks. I had a shooting event planned with it (it was 10m pistol) the next week. He asked me if I was a handy guy (I am) and he spent 45 minutes on the phone walking be through the repair (an internal spring in the trigger can come adrift). The gun was up and running an hour later.
Can't say enough good about them.
Neat story. Are there many air gun shoots in Alberta?

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-26-2018, 09:21 PM

I have used D&l. https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/ very happy with them
Picked up a RWS 30mm rifle scope and pellets.

I picked up my Benjamin NP XL1100 through these guys and again very happy with their service.
https://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/

I have also ordered my F1 chronograph, pellets (like 30lbs worth best packing I had seen) bi pod and double rifle hard case. Service was great, I never ordered any rifles through them though.
https://www.pyramydair.com/

V
Old 01-26-2018, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Neat story. Are there many air gun shoots in Alberta?
These guys http://www.albertasmallborerifle.ca/ have both small bore competitions and air rifle/pistol. Olympic style.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I have a Diana 350 Magnum .22 with a Hawke 3-9 x 40 with side wheel focus I'm thinking of selling. New shape. Shoot a pm if interested
I sent an email.