Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2020, 05:40 AM

Default Stephen Harper: Like him or not.He's the guy to boot Turdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylY...mkWeqBQECkUVwU
Old 01-24-2020, 07:31 AM

One of the best PM’s we’ve had. I doubt that he’d run again.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
One of the best PM’s we’ve had. I doubt that he’d run again.

For my money, THE BEST PM we have ever had. Could he overcome the demonization the left wing media would rain down on him though?
Old 01-24-2020, 07:39 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
For my money, THE BEST PM we have ever had. Could he overcome the demonization the left wing media would rain down on him though?
Heck, back in the day even I thought his time was done and we needed fresh blood but now with that dang hindsight trick in play I would jump for joy if he would make a comeback and run against the turd!! Live and learn...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 01-24-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Heck, back in the day even I thought his time was done and we needed fresh blood but now with that dang hindsight trick in play I would jump for joy if he would make a comeback and run against the turd!! Live and learn...
Certainly was tired of him myself. The writing was on the wall at the time...wish he took one for the “team” and looked after proper succession planning. Very few PMs (?any) get a fourth term - his hubris was his downfall.

Trudeau has turned out far worse than most expected... no senior liberals from the Martin/Chrétien era to moderate his progressive communist agenda. The modern liberal would be almost unrecognizable to the ones of that era (when things more centered).

Never voted in that election ... for better or worse.

Political talk on the forum was entertaining at that time. Have to chuckle about it a little.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
Certainly was tired of him myself. The writing was on the wall at the time...wish he took one for the “team” and looked after proper succession planning. Very few PMs (?any) get a fourth term - his hubris was his downfall.
Hmm looking through the stats the last 4th term PM was PET.

It will be interesting to see who gets the leadership... my bets would be on MacKay.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
And that is the problem, between the liberal controlled media, and the puppets like Dias and Unifor, they would make Harper out to be a villain and many gullible voters would believe their nonsense. That is why I would like to see a woman like Ambrose leading the party it would be much more difficult to make her out to be a villain.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And that is the problem, between the liberal controlled media, and the puppets like Dias and Unifor, they would make Harper out to be a villain and many gullible voters would believe their nonsense. That is why I would like to see a woman like Ambrose leading the party it would be much more difficult to make her out to be a villain.
We don't need another Mr. Nice Guy. We need someone who'll grab Trudeau by the balls and squeeze.

Grizz
Old 01-24-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
We don't need another Mr. Nice Guy. We need someone who'll grab Trudeau by the balls and squeeze.

Grizz
We need someone who be elected with a majority, a tough guy that the liberals can turn the voters against, so he doesn't get elected is worthless to us.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:32 PM

This entire thread is moot, discussing how a man who I feel was a great PM, maybe the best we've had, who has no intentions of returning and leading the CPC.

We should focus on finding someone who can lead the CPC to a majority government, and it would be a cherry on top to wipe out the Liberal party. If we don't find this person, it will surely result in a third term for sparkle socks.

SO what could have been, or should have been won't help us now. We need to vet out a candidate that can do this. It's time for new blood in the CPC party, sure Mckay would be ok, but he isn't the answer.

BW