Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-30-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Really, so that makes it justifiable and OK?

Don't tell that to a true professional hockey player like a Sydney Crosby, they'll realize they're just wasting their time and take a summer off and steal their paycheck for year.

How many gulps of the Neal kool-aid did it take before you came up with that one?

I guess by your definition the Oilers must be one of the fittest teams in the league year in and year out.

I expected better of you BD, but then again your are an oilers fan.

So Lucic not on ice training is acceptable if he’s coming to the Flames but Neal is not. Or is Lucic not a professional ?

I would suggest he drinks less Neal Kool-Aid than you do Lucic Juice considering one player is clearly better than the other.

You are clearly confused but hey, just like Lucic you try !!!
Old 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I don't know, is there 14 months in a year in a Calgary calendar? Neal didn't gel in Calgary, don't know why, but he was not because he was out of shape. Tired? maybe, not out of shape.

And please don't feel you need to expect better from me, I don't think I can live up to your expectations.
"Didn't gel" Oh so that's it, OK. If you're too "tired" to work out, it'll show in your fitness testing. Sniff around and do some digging on that.

Hmmm, in post 1552 you said he had trouble scheduling off season training as if to explain his fitness level, now you say he was in shape.

Well.....which is it? There seems to be some confusion here Orly.

You'd be surprised how low my expectations are, you're an oiler fan after all.

See, I can hand out insults too, the oilers thread taught me.

Last edited by YYC338; 12-30-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:48 PM

I guess we no longer need to guess who Dead Moose's alter ego is. I guess Dead Moose is on vacation, haven't really heard from him in a while.

Well played son, well played.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
"Didn't gel" Oh so that's it, OK. If you're too "tired" to work out, it'll show in your fitness testing. Sniff around and do some digging on that.

Hmmm, in post 1552 you said he had trouble scheduling off season training as if to explain his fitness level, now you say he was in shape.

Well.....which is it? There seems to be some confusion here Orly.

You'd be surprised how low my expectations are, you're an oiler fan after all.

See, I can hand out insults too, the oilers thread taught me.
Nope, let me break it down. If you are playing until lets say June 6th, you don't need a lot off off season training since most are back on the ice by the 2nd week of August. But if you are done by April like Neal was last year then most pros will do off season training and Neal choose probably the best camp going, even if it is run by an ex Flame.

You are reminding me of the carb load vs protein shake commercial.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
So Lucic not on ice training is acceptable if he’s coming to the Flames but Neal is not. Or is Lucic not a professional ?

I would suggest he drinks less Neal Kool-Aid than you do Lucic Juice considering one player is clearly better than the other.

You are clearly confused but hey, just like Lucic you try !!!
Seriously!?!?

Why is it that an oiler fan can't legitimately discuss an issue regarding an oiler or oiler problem without bring up a flame issue? You guys got an awful strange obsession.

This "I know you are, but what am I" type of response and attitude really belongs in middle school at best and you guys need to learn to leave it there.

Where, if ever did I mention anything about Lucic's fitness, good, bad or indifferent, let alone drink the juice? Fabrication is not a flattering tactic to have when trying to have a debate.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Seriously!?!?

Why is it that an oiler fan can't legitimately discuss an issue regarding an oiler or oiler problem without bring up a flame issue? You guys got an awful strange obsession.

This "I know you are, but what am I" type of response and attitude really belongs in middle school at best and you guys need to learn to leave it there.

Where, if ever did I mention anything about Lucic's fitness, good, bad or indifferent, let alone drink the juice? Fabrication is not a flattering tactic to have when trying to have a debate.
Because you don't discuss anything... you belittle, degrade and insult with every post... really sad actually that you spend that much energy hating something.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:01 AM

Good night Calgary fans
Old 12-31-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Seriously!?!?

Relax !!! Just trying to see your point of view man. Just trying to really understand why you hate Neal so Bad for not training but Lucic gets a pass. Just really want to understand your train wreck of thought.

On another note though. Glad to see Flames fan finally admitting Lucic is an Issue. Acceptance is the first step !!!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Nope, let me break it down. If you are playing until lets say June 6th, you don't need a lot off off season training since most are back on the ice by the 2nd week of August.
We ain't talking most here, we're talking one. Fitness levels decline significantly in two months of inactivity. Of course that's assuming he was on-ice in early August.This ain't the 50's & 60's where you start your training when first step on the ice.

Ask any high level NHL hockey player and I'd be surprised if nearly all didn't say fitness and diet is a 12 month a year regime. Two weeks off maybe.Training starts off differently in the off-season but it's still training. You need to read some of the information Gary Roberts has put out there on this topic. I think he differs from you on the need for off-season activity, regardless on when your off season starts.Take two months off, and you have to work a lot harder to get your level back to where it needs to be when camp starts. I think Neal missed that part.

Take a look just at Neal's skating this year compared to last and tell me it's not a fitness and training issue.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Relax !!! Just trying to see your point of view man. Just trying to really understand why you hate Neal so Bad for not training but Lucic gets a pass. Just really want to understand your train wreck of thought.

On another note though. Glad to see Flames fan finally admitting Lucic is an Issue. Acceptance is the first step !!!
This isn't that fabrication thingy cropping up again is it? Please direct me to the post # that admits Lucic is an "Issue" or that he gets a pass, for that matter.

And my thought process is a train wreck? It must be well past your bed time.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Because you don't discuss anything... you belittle, degrade and insult with every post... really sad actually that you spend that much energy hating something.
The first step to acknowledgement is an acceptance of criticism. You seem to confuse criticism with hate. Most people with thin skins and denial of reality usually do. You're not alone.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Again an oiler question gets turned back to a flame issue. The sickness is spreading!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good night Calgary fans
Post of the night right there! Goodnight.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Kinda hard to schedule off season training when you are playing hockey into June every year; except of course last year with the Flames.
Had he performed like he should have ,he night have played into June. Due to him turning into a liability instead he contributed to our early exit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Had he performed like he should have ,he night have played into June. Due to him turning into a liability instead he contributed to our early exit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
That sounds about right. But he’s gone now so let’s all wish him well and hope he plays into June this year. 😜
Old 12-31-2019, 10:00 AM

Looks like Calgary is getting a beat up Chicago squad tonight. 4 mainstays out with injury including Seabrook. Coming off the loss to Van they should be flying tonight.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Looks like Calgary is getting a beat up Chicago squad tonight. 4 mainstays out with injury including Seabrook. Coming off the loss to Van they should be flying tonight.
I don't think that exactly qualifies as "beat up". Seabrook being out likely helps them.

Still icing Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Strome, Lehner, etc. Saad is likely the only guys they'll miss.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:17 AM

Ouch, Crosby is on IR and now Guentzel is out 4-6 months. Going to be a tough go for Pittsburg.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:23 AM

Well missing two Dmen usually causes some havoc on the blue line. Seabrook and De Haan eat up a lot of minutes. Not sure who fills those minutes. Chicago has lots of good solid young Dmen but they are young and will make mistakes.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Ouch, Crosby is on IR and now Guentzel is out 4-6 months. Going to be a tough go for Pittsburg.
Makes you wonder how the hell the Pens do it. Take the hits and just keep coming. You gotta think that one will hurt though.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Well missing two Dmen usually causes some havoc on the blue line. Seabrook and De Haan eat up a lot of minutes. Not sure who fills those minutes. Chicago has lots of good solid young Dmen but they are young and will make mistakes.
De Haan is up there, but I think, based on ATOI, that Seabrook is down to the 3rd pairing, and might be there 6th guy.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
We ain't talking most here, we're talking one. Fitness levels decline significantly in two months of inactivity. Of course that's assuming he was on-ice in early August.This ain't the 50's & 60's where you start your training when first step on the ice.

Ask any high level NHL hockey player and I'd be surprised if nearly all didn't say fitness and diet is a 12 month a year regime. Two weeks off maybe.Training starts off differently in the off-season but it's still training. You need to read some of the information Gary Roberts has put out there on this topic. I think he differs from you on the need for off-season activity, regardless on when your off season starts.Take two months off, and you have to work a lot harder to get your level back to where it needs to be when camp starts. I think Neal missed that part.

Take a look just at Neal's skating this year compared to last and tell me it's not a fitness and training issue.
I guess Roberts is the only Flame able to figure out how to motivate Neal..... and looky there he has 2 goal tonight already.

I know, I know this is the Flames thread, but I just missed my buddy 338.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I guess Roberts is the only Flame able to figure out how to motivate Neal..... and looky there he has 2 goal tonight already.

I know, I know this is the Flames thread, but I just missed my buddy 338.
You forgot this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7ne7z17D8

BW
Old 12-31-2019, 07:57 PM

What’s the score boys? Been watching the Oilers dominate the Rangers and haven’t seen an update.

BW
Old 12-31-2019, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
What’s the score boys? Been watching the Oilers dominate the Rangers and haven’t seen an update.

BW
Let me help you out here BW...3-0 HAWKS in the 2nd period ...like you didn't know
Old 12-31-2019, 08:21 PM

4-0

Do you think the coach will pull Rittich 2 games in a row?
Old 12-31-2019, 08:22 PM

Cmon boys.... head on over to the oil thread..... it’s lonely over there..
Old 12-31-2019, 08:33 PM

Default Hat Trick

The Real Deal just scored a hat trick for the Oilers

That’s 19 goals for the year!

BW
Old 12-31-2019, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
The Real Deal just scored a hat trick for the Oilers

That’s 19 goals for the year!

BW
BW...don't rub it in for the Shamers...take the high road m8
Old 12-31-2019, 08:41 PM

Lil mini YYC Karma right there....... (if ya pick up wut imma layin down eh..?)
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."