Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-27-2007, 12:21 PM

Smile Moose hunt Nov 1-7, WMU 351

I've made my list and checked it twice, only a few days left until I head up north for a moose/deer hunt. We're headed to WMU 351, and with at least 6 days to hunt, I am expecting good things. Looking forward to spending some time with my dad, we have alot of good memories from hunting the area for the last 20 years.

Any recent reports from the area? Weather is supposed to be good, just wondering if it is still soupy or if things slowly starting to freeze up? I'll post pics once I get back.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Which part of the zone will you be in ?
I hunt the 351 - 360 boundary. A tough area to get into though,
depending on the weather.

TBark
Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 AM

351 will be a little muddy as we got a dumping of snow 2 days ago.Not much for frost yet but it is still a really dry year.You should have no problem getting around with quad or truck.

Animals are down from last year but you should still see lots of deer and some moose.Lots of deer off the Swan Hills Highway.

Good Luck
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 AM

GL to you.
I'm Heading out on the 3rd for 8 days with my son and partner to 350. anyone seeing moose are they still in the swamps or are they up in the poplar yet?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
GL to you.
I'm Heading out on the 3rd for 8 days with my son and partner to 350. anyone seeing moose are they still in the swamps or are they up in the poplar yet?
Moose Numbers are done in 350 Lil but i was seeing a few bulls during the rut.Quaded a 120km yesterday and never even saw a moose.It is so dry that guys are accessing 350 from every direction and you can drive a truck a lot farther then in past years.

Get off the roads and back in the poplars and i think you will still find some bulls.Weather looks like it will be cold so that will help.

Good Luck
Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 PM

Thanks Brown Bear. We quad a camp in 13 km from where we have to park the trucks. Access road has a gate over it so vehicles can't go any farther til its frozen solid. Still its nice to have an Idea where to begin looking for bulls. I was up there a month and a half ago and talked to the local trapper and he had been seeing a few but not like last year.