Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-07-2024, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
My buddy owns a lot of land out that way also but on the other side of 834 . He told me any farmer out there he knows well ,and can get me on any land .Just might take him up on that invite now
So you are going to try and cuddle up to another group of hunters because a guy posts about getting exclusive permission

Kinda sounds like preschool childish behavior

And guys wonder why there is a decline in respect amongst hunters. Starting to understand why there is so many hunters complaining about running into entitled disrespectful outdoorsmen

So we now have accusations of illegal paid access, accusations of being an outfitter(which really who cares), guys threatening to try add pressure to the area, and straight up saying well I know X and I can get permission anywhere

Yup stay classy boys lol
Old 02-07-2024, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
So you are going to try and cuddle up to another group of hunters because a guy posts about getting exclusive permission

Kinda sounds like preschool childish behavior

And guys wonder why there is a decline in respect amongst hunters. Starting to understand why there is so many hunters complaining about running into entitled disrespectful outdoorsmen

So we now have accusations of illegal paid access, accusations of being an outfitter(which really who cares), guys threatening to try add pressure to the area, and straight up saying well I know X and I can get permission anywhere

Yup stay classy boys lol
Buddy ,have another coffee ! We where all just joking ,not just me .
I stopped hunting our family farm and friends farms because every 20 mins a truck drives on it and makes a big circle .
Old 02-07-2024, 11:06 AM

I've already got permission to hunt the land. Weirdly there weren't any no hunting signs up.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klomas98 View Post
Who all hunts in 228?

There will be some minor changes in a couple of sections, that won't effect most of you guys and gals.

There is some land west of Demay Lake that will NOT be OPEN for hunting anymore. Just look for the new No Hunting signs.
A group of us have received written permission from the landowner to hunt on his land.... and he has not given any others permission.
We are very experienced hunters, and the owner will press charges if you guys are on his land. We have been told if they do say they have permission that they are lying and politely send them on their way.
Last season he was disgusted by the number of hunters on his 8 quarter sections again without being allowed there. Dozens he said, Deer just getting slaughtered.
One hunter shot and gutted a deer only 200 yards from his sister's home. That is dangerous guys and totally disrespectful. We as a group are better than that.
Each area that our group will be hunting will be clearly marked NO HUNTING AND NO TRESPASSING. I will be personally posting a few hundred signs, We just want a nice peaceful and safe hunt.
Please, follow the signs. when people go on somebody else's land, without asking it, ruins it for all of us hunters,

This was not meant to offend anybody, as 99% of you are awesome and respectful people. I am sorry for having to post this on here.

Feedback and comments are welcome
Shute's has had enough?
Guess what? So has everyone else.
Your signs will do very little, and your post is very strange.
In fact, that whole area is strange. To get permission on 2 different quarters that I wanted to hunt, I had to ask 2 different outfitters for permission. Figure that one out.

I am guessing you are either young and a bit naive, not having ever come across this before, or are very experienced...at trolling.
I'll give the benefit of doubt and say it's the former, and give you some sage advice; Learn to hunt your area with the pressure it sees, because it will only get worse. Your signs won't change much.
Also, if some ******* without permission truly ruins your chance at an animal, try not to let it make you bitter. It happens to everyone and the closer to populated areas you are, the more it happens.

Happy hunting/trolling.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:12 PM

Who doesn’t like to be scolded on the internet by a stranger.

Thanks for the exact coordinates though! Sounds like a lot of deer. I’m just gonna go to all the encompassing areas and hunt the crap out of them now.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:35 PM

This reminds me of the guy crying about a plane ruining his bird hunt near strome. He refused anyones assistance and let everyone run rampant on wild assumptions.

This one's a bit weirder but similar style crying/whining.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have had landowners offer exclusive access, without being asked. One person wanted some deer removed, because they were eating his shrubs, but he wanted someone he trusted hunting his home quarter. Another landowner, and AO member, offered us access, because he was sick and tired of dealing with a couple of disrespectful outfitters.
I live NW of town and have come across the same thing. Theres a few other quarters I have been eyeing up that I need to talk to the farmer about to though lol.
Old 02-08-2024, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Who all hunts in 228?

There will be some minor changes in a couple of sections, that won't effect most of you guys and gals.

There is some land west of Demay Lake that will NOT be OPEN for hunting anymore. Just look for the new No Hunting signs.
A group of us have received written permission from the landowner to hunt on his land.... and he has not given any others permission.
We are very experienced hunters, and the owner will press charges if you guys are on his land. We have been told if they do say they have permission that they are lying and politely send them on their way.
Last season he was disgusted by the number of hunters on his 8 quarter sections again without being allowed there. Dozens he said, Deer just getting slaughtered.
One hunter shot and gutted a deer only 200 yards from his sister's home. That is dangerous guys and totally disrespectful. We as a group are better than that.
Each area that our group will be hunting will be clearly marked NO HUNTING AND NO TRESPASSING. I will be personally posting a few hundred signs, We just want a nice peaceful and safe hunt.
Please, follow the signs. when people go on somebody else's land, without asking it, ruins it for all of us hunters,

This was not meant to offend anybody, as 99% of you are awesome and respectful people. I am sorry for having to post this on here.

The only thing your signs will do is keep honest and law abiding hunters off the land. Trespassing is illegal. People already know this. For the law breakers your signs mean lots of game and few people bothering you while poaching.

If your landowner had any common sense he would be encouraging law abiding hunters that will help monitor his land, control critters and report criminal activity.
Old 02-08-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
The only thing your signs will do is keep honest and law abiding hunters off the land. Trespassing is illegal. People already know this. For the law breakers your signs mean lots of game and few people bothering you while poaching.

If your landowner had any common sense he would be encouraging law abiding hunters that will help monitor his land, control critters and report criminal activity.
The OP hasn't been active for a few weeks now. Not sure what the intent was behind the original post, but it does seem a little odd.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/searc...rchid=19246141
Old 02-08-2024, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
The OP hasn't been active for a few weeks now. Not sure what the intent was behind the original post, but it does seem a little odd.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/searc...rchid=19246141
What could it be other than a troll post. So bizarre.
Old 02-08-2024, 04:39 PM

Maybe he posted it just before he headed out on holidays somewhere warm, or maybe he is just trolling ???????

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post

Yep, No hunting, No trespassing signs to poachers are nothing more than a flashing neon sign that says poach here, there will be more game and no upstanding law abiding hunters to turn them in or chase them off.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Who all hunts in 228?

LOL Oye. The fact my family owns one of these quarters, and one NorthEast of the 'lake' and I havent heard a sniff about this leaves me questioning the validity of this post lol. I can vouch that this entire post is utter trash and in no way accurate folks. There's a road allowance into the northeast high water mark regardless, and no one local is going to bother you for hunting crown land lol

Sounds to me like a local got a bunch of free 'no trespassing signs' and free labour is all. No local in their right mind will be giving written sole access to geeks from Ontario. Thats fact

Last edited by IronCreek; 02-20-2024 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubz337 View Post
Who doesn’t like to be scolded on the internet by a stranger.

Thanks for the exact coordinates though! Sounds like a lot of deer. I’m just gonna go to all the encompassing areas and hunt the crap out of them now.
Im not really sure why someone would go to the lengths to falsely 'lock up' the surrounding land of that dump of a slough anyways. Wont even put my dog in to grab a duck its so gross lol
Old 02-20-2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I live in 228, and trespassing is a huge issue, but signs won't make much of a difference.
Neither will posting this thread...