Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-13-2008, 04:50 PM

Default Fiiinnnnallly got it !!

Well I have been waiting since AUg to get my PAL and I finally got it this week...I know that it is a little late in the season but my wife and I would like to make a hunting/camping trip. We live in Leduc/Edmonton and we want to go somewhere close that has some grouse hunting. I recently drove through Edson and Hinton and liked that area but I am not familiar with the area at all. Is this a good area to hunt/camp? I have two well trained black labs that are chomping at the bit to go and hopefully we can get after it. I also heard that the Drayton Valley area is nice. So please tell me where we can go. I hope all is well.

Clu__82
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM

Hey Clu_82,

Congrats on your BC hunt with your dad. I am fairly new here as well after spending nine years managing Tunkwa Lake but getting to know the area around Fox Creek a bit. Use a map and find Tom Hill Tower Rd. north of Edson and that road will take you all the way to Windfall where there is a good population of muleys and whiteys but you need a draw for muleys which I am lucky enough to have. Tons of moose in there too. Good luck and straight eye!

john
Old 11-13-2008, 06:53 PM

Thanks john,

I will definitely look at my backroads map and see it I can find the road. Thanks a lot.

clu__82
Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 PM

sundrie area is pretty nice