Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-11-2018, 01:25 AM

Default Retail Store Ammunition Enforcement Increase?

Was at Walmart for a few things today on on every cabinet that contains ammunition they are now displaying a copy of their Firearms Sales License issued from the CFO displayed. Also, was at Bass Pro earlier in the week and at the end of the ammunition Isles they had giant placards stating only Valid PAL holders beyond point.

Now the bass pro placards may have been there before as I hardly go there, but they are large enough that they almost block the entrance to the isle had on and you have to come in from the side. Big enough that I think I would remember them. I know the Licenses displays at Walmart are within the last 2 weeks (at my local store anyways) Was there some sort of crack down by the CFO?
Old 02-11-2018, 05:24 AM

nothing new here
Old 02-11-2018, 11:29 AM

What is this wall mart you speak?
Crappy Tire out West has always had their license to sell ammo posted on the inside of glass door, been that way for over 25 years at the store I have always shopped at.
They didn’t ever have their old policy now gone about recording information on who bought ammo though.

Bass Pro has also had the large sign up on the ammo aisle ...well since the week they opened.
Never noticed either of those two situations at either No Sale Sports or Cabelas since they either opened or closed the doors ( no sale Sports) and it has been several weeks since I have graced the doors of Cabelas.

So, not sure why the worry with the CFC Officials stepping up anything of late.
Hope the quells the fear of something.
Rob