Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Pittsburgh aint doing us any favors right now. San Jose is beating them 3-0 after the first.
Right, I was thinking that game could possibly improve our cushion. Guess not.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2019, 10:31 AM

Hearing lots of chatter regarding the Flames and Mark Stone. Given what they got for Duchene, as exciting as it would be, I almost hope Brad doesn't pull the trigger. Unless, and it's a really, really big unless, he could find a way to resign him while keeping Tkachuk (although I have considered a Tkachuck for Stone swap).
Old 02-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Hearing lots of chatter regarding the Flames and Mark Stone. Given what they got for Duchene, as exciting as it would be, I almost hope Brad doesn't pull the trigger. Unless, and it's a really, really big unless, he could find a way to resign him while keeping Tkachuk (although I have considered a Tkachuck for Stone swap).
NO.. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Do not trade Tkachuk. He is the next captain of this storied franchise. Did Peter Chiarelli hack your account?

I have to look into this Stone thing bit more but never MT...
That happens and I will become a Oiler fan I swear. Ok, perhaps a Seattle fan..(Lets not get to crazy here)
Old 02-22-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Do not trade Tkachuk. He is the next captain of this storied franchise. Did Peter Chiarelli hack your account?

That happens and I will become a Oiler fan I swear. Ok, perhaps a Seattle fan..(Lets not get to crazy here)
Absolutely right. We already have a Stone anyway, his name is James Neal....just make him do what he is getting paid for! Never trade Tkachuk!!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

I doubt it would happen, I just said I considered it. As near as I can tell, the only real downside is that Stone is older and would be a UFA vs a RFA. He's bigger, consistently puts up more points on a worse team, hits, plays 20 minutes a night, etc. He likely isn't the agitator that Tkachuk is either. It is likely to much of a lateral move with the UFA/UFA factor to be taken seriously.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:40 PM

Reports are Stone was offered term and in the 10 million dollar range by the Senators.... would Calgary have the funds to sign him in the off season?
Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 PM

Reports indicate that Smith is starting again.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Reports are Stone was offered term and in the 10 million dollar range by the Senators.... would Calgary have the funds to sign him in the off season?
Assuming the cap goes up to a projected $83M, Calgary will have about $17M in space for the 19/20 season. They also have 8 UFA/RFA but none of them are currently making over $2M with the exception of Smith, whom I don't expect to be back.

That being said, I think it is highly unlikely that Stone will get that much. Maybe he wants that much to play in Ottawa? $10M would make him the 7th highest paid player in the league as it stands right now, and, while he likely will this year and I think is a good player, he's never put up more than 65 pts in the six years he's been in the league.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Reports indicate that Smith is starting again.
I heard this and I don't get it, as why not put BSD back in against a struggling Ducks team to start getting back in form, as games are only going to get more important as we get closer to playoffs. Unless he is trade material??
Old 02-22-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
I heard this and I don't get it, as why not put BSD back in against a struggling Ducks team to start getting back in form, as games are only going to get more important as we get closer to playoffs. Unless he is trade material??
I think it would be very stupid for the Flames to trade Rittich. I am leaning more towards maybe he is hurt. I remember before the break there was a game where he was slow to get up, perhaps they just want to use the time to get him better. Smith is 3-0-1 in his last 4 starts so why not.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:23 PM

Maybe it is a test to see if Smith can string together 6 or 7 consistent games. Not wins, but consistent games, because the Flames have usually out scored his mistakes for the 1/2 half of the season. If plays 2 more really solid games tonight and Sunday, I bet nothing happens and the Flames are hitting the playoff with Smith and Rittich. If not, maybe the GM has been speaking with Columbus or LA.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:37 PM

Well...hopefully Smith gets even better tonight...because I really hate the Ducks. Their season makes me happy! Hope the Flames help them continue their downward trend.

Go Flames!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-22-2019, 07:24 PM

What's going on with Smith, normally he would have let that in.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:26 PM

Flames puck watching, Smith bailed them out with a good save there. The D needs to get their **** together!

Old 02-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Banned

I'd like to thank the Flames for softening up the Islanders, that led to an Oiler win last night
Old 02-22-2019, 08:04 PM

Finally! Brodie with a point shot that looked deflected! Whoooooopp!! 1-0

Suck it Perry!

Old 02-22-2019, 08:07 PM

and Prout picks up an assist on it.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:10 PM

Damn....Ducks tie it. What was Smith doing there...??

Old 02-22-2019, 08:11 PM

Elite puckhandling
Old 02-22-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Elite puckhandling
Very
Old 02-22-2019, 08:18 PM

Damn I hate Perry...why they showing him playing with himself???

Old 02-22-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Damn I hate Perry...why they showing him playing with himself???
I just saw that now, must be on a huge delay.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:21 PM

We shouldn't have to watch that. Nope.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:36 PM

Oh my Gawd...what a terrible penalty call on Chucky!! The officials are awful again, so at least they are consistent!

Old 02-22-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Oh my Gawd...what a terrible penalty call on Chucky!! The officials are awful again, so at least they are consistent!
So, Ducks player trips his own guy and Mat gets the penalty? I hope there is a make up call early in the third....
Old 02-22-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
So, Ducks player trips his own guy and Mat gets the penalty? I hope there is a make up call early in the third....
I just want Flames to kill the penalty...a makeup call won't cut it if Ducks score on that. The ref called that from behind Flames net, all he saw was Tkachuk and a Duck falling and blew whistle. Maybe he could have trusted the other ref who was right there, and saw that he tripped on his own player.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:01 PM

I hate the penalty, but love that Perry got dumped on his cherry picking breakaway....what a POS!

But gee, it's great he didn't suffer a career ending injury. If he had, it sure would have been *cough* unfortunate......

Old 02-22-2019, 09:23 PM

Whooooooopppp!!!! Mangiapane!!! Big goal, big goal!! We got dis! 2-1

Old 02-22-2019, 09:28 PM

Whoooopp!!? That's a win! Bit of a knuckle biter there at the end but they got it done!

Superb! Exquisite! I hate the Ducks!!!!:

Old 02-22-2019, 09:33 PM

That was a nice play by Mangiapane!!