Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Default Calgary Rally: NEB Decision Day: YES to Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion

Feb 22 (today) 10:00am to 11:30am

National Energy Board
517 10th Ave SW
Calgary, AB

https://www.facebook.com/events/335314637325551/

Hoping to see a good turnout!
Old 02-22-2019, 08:59 AM

Imma predicting an approval.

It makes sense, the big Justin Trudeau blow up stuff happening just before .....
Someone’s hoping the pipeline approval redirects the media narratives......
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 02-22-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Imma predicting an approval.

It makes sense, the big Justin Trudeau blow up stuff happening just before .....
Someone’s hoping the pipeline approval redirects the media narratives......
Bessie, i think the accompanying cartoon would look like this:
A SNC-Lavalin thug holding a young boy (with pee'd pants) down by his throat behind the bike sheds saying,"Approve the damn pipeline kid and get the heat off the rest of us"
Old 02-22-2019, 11:09 AM

NEB approves it. Cabinet now has 90 days to give its approval. Since they made the taxpayers all shareholders, I can't imagine they don't.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-22-2019, 11:17 AM

Just lay the pipe already.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:18 AM

The nutbars are already working on the appeals.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-22-2019, 11:23 AM

I'm not a pipeline guy, but say it is approved, they have 90 days to appeal, how long are we looking at before construction starts?
Old 02-22-2019, 11:24 AM

A lot of tears in the trailer parks on the lower mainland tonight, the anti pipeline protesters will step up their game and become even more annoying.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'm not a pipeline guy, but say it is approved, they have 90 days to appeal, how long are we looking at before construction starts?
Depends who is in charge . A provincial Gov with the NDP and Federal Gov wit a Liberal in it will see this project come to completion by the year 2050.

And by completion I mean cancellation.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Depends who is in charge . A provincial Gov with the NDP and Federal Gov wit a Liberal in it will see this project come to completion by the year 2050.

I think you are being too optimistic Jamie. The Wheels can't turn that fast.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Don't be so hard on them. They are giving it all they got!!
Old 02-22-2019, 12:34 PM

I called it......

I’m special now.

How much to go to Vegas these days?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 02-22-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Cause 1971-2015 wasn’t long enough?

It won’t be governments delaying it. It will court actions by
so called environmentalists in BC.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:33 PM

This will never get built. There will be endless legal battles, one after another as these groups are all co-ordinated. It will only get built if the Feds declare this in national interest and enforce with military action.

Not much in the news re: Coastal Gaslink but without pipe up there, the $40Bil LNG Canada project is done. They are now halting construction due to an arrowhead conveniently found on the site. Those hereditary chiefs will never agree to a pipeline going through their land and the laws in BC are so vague there will be endless court challenges up there as well.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:13 AM

Default pipelines

Boy I cannot believe a couple silly arrowheads can stop a $30billion pipeline. When we picked roots & rocks in peace country we always found many arrowheads and did not stop field being cleared to provide food. Petroleum pipelines will provide food for our grandchildren, no pipelines no future.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:58 AM

I remember a sub contractor back in the 90's (white guy and white crew) was excavating for a driveway and foundations for a small condo development the gov't had granted money to an indian band in BC to have built. A couple skulls and bones rolled out of the cutbank on the driveway they were building. Sub contractor stopped work immediately and called the contractor from the band who was in charge. He came out to the site, told him to bury it and any more he found, keep his mouth shut and keep working. The whole town knew about it. This same guy from the band was blocking logging on an area a few miles away because there were a few depressions in the ground he was claiming were centuries old quigly holes or pit house foundations.

Funny how these things work depending on who the money is going to.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=thedude99;3935666]This will never get built. There will be endless legal battles, one after another as these groups are all co-ordinated. It will only get built if the Feds declare this in national interest and enforce with military action.

This pretty much sums it up. There has already been a news conference with first nations leaders ( pretty sure it was DIZZY MAY at the table as well, just a quick shot of her so I can't be positive ), the speaker stated, "This project does not have our approval and will never have out approval". Endless legal challenges! This doesn't even include the environmental challenges and those from the government of B.C. Even if all these hurdles are overcome, there are enough total wing nut wack jobs on the lower mainland there will be civil unrest to the point of violence when they start construction in that area. Sad times in Doh-Canada.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=zabbo;3936504]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude99 View Post
This will never get built. There will be endless legal battles, one after another as these groups are all co-ordinated. It will only get built if the Feds declare this in national interest and enforce with military action.

This pretty much sums it up. There has already been a news conference with first nations leaders ( pretty sure it DIZZY MAY was also at the table, just a quick shot of her so I can't be positive ), the speaker stated, "This project does not have our approval and will never have our approval". Endless legal challenges! This doesn't even include the environmental challenges and those from the government of B.C. Even if all these hurdles are overcome, there are enough total wing nut wack jobs on the lower mainland there will be civil unrest to the point of violence when they start construction in that area. Sad times in Doh-Canada.
Check out a lady named Vivian Krause for some very enlightening info. regarding the anti pipeline movement.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:10 AM

Here we go:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...oman-1.5031519

And this:

https://thenectarine.ca/politics/for...gulator-board/
Old 02-24-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude99 View Post

Not much in the news re: Coastal Gaslink but without pipe up there, the $40Bil LNG Canada project is done. They are now halting construction due to an arrowhead conveniently found on the site. Those hereditary chiefs will never agree to a pipeline going through their land and the laws in BC are so vague there will be endless court challenges up there as well.
Yep. I believe now the current NEB's TMX decision can be appealed in the BC Court of Appeal. That buys more time to develop and put in place more delay measures.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Yep. I believe now the current NEB's TMX decision can be appealed in the BC Court of Appeal. That buys more time to develop and put in place more delay measures.
What I cannot understand is how a provincial court of appeal can over ride Federal juristiction?
Old 02-24-2019, 03:14 PM

It was approved earlier as well so this is the second approval. I am sure it will be heading to the courts again. I would not hold my breath thinking we will see anything until the Federal Government changes.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:13 PM

Why not just stop selling oil and gas product to BC? Allow the ensuing civil unrest in that province run it's course. Alberta without a nose might be a good look. Oh that's right, it's not Alberta's product but other companies product. Carry on.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 AM

Default Twx

Sorry, the pipeline will be built, the pipe has already been bought and it will be going into the ground this fall. Any of you heavy equipment operators that need jobs dust off your resume's. The silly games are now over, economics for future of Canada will win out. Always follow the $$$!
Old 02-26-2019, 09:56 AM

Default ueb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Sorry, the pipeline will be built, the pipe has already been bought and it will be going into the ground this fall. Any of you heavy equipment operators that need jobs dust off your resume's. The silly games are now over, economics for future of Canada will win out. Always follow the $$$!
I sure hope you are correct, but I see road blocks, hurdles and obstacles forever. Even if we end up with a conservative federal government this project will be blocked by the courts. The flow of dollars is a one way trip from Alberta to Ottawa to Quebec!