Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-27-2013, 06:59 AM

Default Poor service at Canada Ammo?

Does the guy at Canada Ammo hate me or is his service this bad to all his customers? I made an order over two weeks ago, it took almost a week to process it then I received an e-mail saying it would be shipped in 2 business days. Well it's been another week and still not shipped. I placed an order from SFRC a few days after I placed one on Can Ammo and my SFRC order is already on it's way. Does anybody know why this guy has such terrible customer service. I realize he has a warning on his site saying there is a delay, but really how busy can he be?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:29 AM

Surprising. I've never ordered from him but, from comments I've read, he's supposed to be really good.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 AM

All of their orders have been taking extra long, the story is that they have been super busy, they even hired more staff to help deal with it.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:50 AM

I heard it's also got a lot to do with their combo packages, especially the 1911+1000 rds deal. If you look on CGN theres many threads with many posts on this, and the guy states they are just crazy busy and short staffed.

(Still a pain in the neck, hence why my order is coming through SFRC, second that on quick service. Even paying through EMT, I just ordered yesterday night and its shipping today.)
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 AM

I've ordered many times from CanAm, and yea the shipping takes a little longer but I knew that before clicking the purchase button.

People have to be responsible buyers and research before they buy. It's posted all over his site that there will be delays. Most people will order then get online and bash the guy because they want the items now.

I would say if you can't wait order from somewhere else.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
Does the guy at Canada Ammo hate me or is his service this bad to all his customers? I made an order over two weeks ago, it took almost a week to process it then I received an e-mail saying it would be shipped in 2 business days. Well it's been another week and still not shipped. I placed an order from SFRC a few days after I placed one on Can Ammo and my SFRC order is already on it's way. Does anybody know why this guy has such terrible customer service. I realize he has a warning on his site saying there is a delay, but really how busy can he be?
What did you buy?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 AM

I've ordered from there before. It does take a while, up to 3 weeks in my case, However, it does say on his website that shipping may take a bit. At the end of the day it's free shipping and I'm sure you can wait another week or so.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM

This thread should be titled "Slow Service at Canada Ammo".

Based on the warnings on the site, there is nothing poor about the service provided. Again, I've never ordered from them, but they have a great reputation and I'd hate to see it tarnished for no reason.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Considering the disclaimers about the delays in orders, I was not disappointed with my early spring order from CanAm.

There are worse possibilities like items arriving damaged or not as described, none of which I have ever heard about this vendor.

It will arrive eventually, I know the wait for new toys is difficult.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:28 PM

I was happy with the service CanAm provided, can't argue with the free shipping!! For Ammo!!!

Will be ordering from them again.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:16 PM

There's a note on the website saying they are behind and it will take a while to process orders but people order and complain about it anyway.

Am I wrong to think CANAM isn't the one with the problem here??
Old 06-27-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
Nope +1
Old 06-28-2013, 07:48 AM

I realize there is a warning on the site...that's why I pointed that out. The last time I ordered (over a year ago before his delay warning) it still took forever and it wasn't until after a phone call that he shipped it immediately. What irritates me is the fact that he took my money over a week ago and there is no sign of him getting me my product. It's one thing to be busy but if you've taken the customers money you should be trying your hardest to get them their product asap. I'm not complaining I was simply seeing if anyone else is having this issue. I shouldn't take two weeks to get something shipped out.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I heard it's also got a lot to do with their combo packages, especially the 1911+1000 rds deal. If you look on CGN theres many threads with many posts on this, and the guy states they are just crazy busy and short staffed.
A good friend ordered this combo, and they added an extra zero to his bill, maxing out his credit card. It took weeks for them to sort it out.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
A good friend ordered this combo, and they added an extra zero to his bill, maxing out his credit card. It took weeks for them to sort it out.
Oh man, brutal!

Also for anyone reading, I'm not just defending CanadaAmmo, I've never ordered from there. Just sharing what I've read.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
There's a note on the website saying they are behind and it will take a while to process orders but people order and complain about it anyway.

Your right they do...saying it will be a delay to PROCESS orders. It's been processed for a week, why can't it be shipped now?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Your right they do...saying it will be a delay to PROCESS orders. It's been processed for a week, why can't it be shipped now?
Read what you wrote one more time and give it another think,
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Do you have any idea how much stuff they ship out of that place? If you are having an issue, give them a call and they can tell you what's going on. Took over a month to get my 1911+1000rds from them, but guess what........ Got a great deal, shipped FREE and when I called the CFC once I got my email that the transfer finally was innitiated, the lady at the CFC told me they were submitting them via spreadsheet in batches of...... 500 AT A TIME. Be patient, you will get your items and they will be exactly what you ordered (plus an AR pen? Targets? Or whatever else they feel like throwing in there). If you need it quick, pay more, pay for shipping ang get it from a less busy place. They are that busy for a reason.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:03 AM

It sucks when you become so popular that you can not keep up with demand.
The whiners on CGN are weekly complaining about the slow processing of orders and yet when the item arrives as described and for the price quoted they still are not happy not to mention the free shipping.
The Mail Order business is what it is... if you want it today, go buy it today but expect to pay more.
As for a mistake on a CC invoice there is no excuse for that, but getting it resolved in under 21 days is purely a miracle. My CC company takes 21 days plus to correct an error.
So, I simply reduce the forced limit for being a valued customer from 10 grand to 3 grand and pay cash for anything else I happen to be buying that month.
Defending CanAmmo, maybe ?
They are 40minutes away from me in North Van, but they still will not process my order or allow me to drop in and pick it up , due to security concerns and bylaws enforced by the City of North Van.
Tight Groups,
Rob
Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
As for a mistake on a CC invoice there is no excuse for that, but getting it resolved in under 21 days is purely a miracle. My CC company takes 21 days plus to correct an error.
So, I simply reduce the forced limit for being a valued customer from 10 grand to 3 grand and pay cash for anything else I happen to be buying that month.
It's not so simple when you aren't expecting your credit card to be maxed out, and you have accounts due every month, that are set up to be charged to your credit card.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:06 PM

I ordered a DA556 from CanAm. CFC transfer completed and sent to CanAm Jan 30. I called CanAm on Feb 3rd, they did not receive the authorization from the CFO. I called the RCMP, they confirmed they sent the STATT/RA on Jan 30, the same time they emailed me a copies of the authorization/registration. I called again today, CanAm said they have not received the paperwork. I do not like this he said she said game, I appreciate honesty more than anything.