Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-14-2014, 12:06 AM

Default Remington brass in the bag. How good is it?

I've seen some great results with remington brass. The only thing I've noticed is you gotta weight sort it for consistency if you are super selective about brass. I've always weight sorted the brass I've collected over the years and I've seen definitive groups of differing weights. I've never bought it new in bags. For my very first build in 6.5mm I'm using SAUM brass and necking it down. I see wss in Calgary has 7mm saum in stock. Am I safe to assume it's gonna all be close in weight? From the same batch? Or should I wait and try and get my hands on norma brass in 300 saum? It'll be a bigger pain to size down , but it is a better brass and should be more consistent, right?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 AM

yes it will be better brass if your that picky then wait im assuming theyre for target loads and not just plain hunting loads
Old 06-14-2014, 02:47 PM

Don't you have that 6.5 running yet? I have a few bags of new 300 SAUM Remington surplus to my needs. I think I offered it to you before.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:52 PM

Still not finished Dale. Reamers and such all gotta be mailed and there's a nice wait for certain barrels. Ordering dies real soon here and looking forward to forming brass. I'm still checking out all my options with brass since I've got the time to do so.