Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 05:29 PM

Sharing you buddies Métis trophy kills. That what’s wrong with this province.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post

whats wrong with that? Plus if u take a look at the books inside the base u will find this pictures and u will find a lot of pictures for different people with different trophy kills!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Exactly
Takes very little skill to shoot anything that moves
Old 12-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Banned

once again the thread turns into a fn bashing thread like it does every year.

I'd share the store of the 2 bull elk my hunting party shot at wainwright this year but it seems people are so quick to attack and judge so what's the point.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=marky_mark;4070535]Exactly
Takes very little skill to shoot anything that moves[/QUOT

First part was a correct answer.

But I would disagree on a second part though

S12
Old 12-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Banned

Even worse is trophy hunting under the intent of sustenance
Or claiming to preserve traditions, while not even sharing the experience with other fn
Man, things sure are changing for the worse in this province
Old 12-08-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
once again the thread turns into a fn bashing thread like it does every year.

I'd share the store of the 2 bull elk my hunting party shot at wainwright this year but it seems people are so quick to attack and judge so what's the point.

I seen you guys thats was an awesome harvest!! Congrats to you and your party!!

Old 12-08-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post

Or claiming to preserve traditions, while not even sharing the experience with other fn

They wasn’t hunting for trophy they was hunting for meat to support there family i never seen a Métis or fn hunting for trophy for my whole entire life they was lucky to come across this bull!! So this discussion is closed and my apology for my friends family for bringing all that hate against them!!

Old 12-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Banned

I wonder why people would be upset?
It’s not bashing
To me, it’s people exploiting a resource
No desire for conservation and sustainability
In Canada it’s always “I have the right” and a bunch of bs
It’s just pure greed

See I’m not bashing fn because I know You guys should take some lessons from your brothers and cousins to the south
So many of them have done so much for wildlife
Such a difference, they actually care about their wildlife
Old 12-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAM View Post
They wasn’t hunting for trophy they was hunting for meat to support there family i never seen a Métis or fn hunting for trophy for my whole entire life they was lucky to come across this bull!! So this discussion is closed and my apology for my friends family for bringing all that hate against them!!

Then why did they shoot old bulls?
Why are you showing off their trophies?
If you were filling your freezers there wouldn’t be too many antlers in your pics
Old 12-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Then why did they shoot old bulls?

Why are you showing off their trophies?

If you were filling your freezers there wouldn’t be too many antlers in your pics
They still got decent amount of meat from this bull and most of there meat go to smoke house its a part of there traditions and i guess they have the total right just like you to shoot any kind and any size of bulls they want and trust me they lived in this land thousands of years without harming wild life or resources when you and me came here thats when wild life and natural resources start getting harmed read the history buddy dont give them lessons with respecting nature its part of there believe i agree odd people of them are stupid and shoot everything moves but not all of them are the way u think!!

Old 12-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
They still got decent amount of meat from this bull and most of there meat go to smoke house its a part of there traditions and i guess they have the total right just like you to shoot any kind and any size of bulls they want and trust me they lived in this land thousands of years without harming wild life or resources when you and me came here thats when wild life and natural resources start getting harmed read the history buddy dont give them lessons with respecting nature its part of there believe i agree odd people of them are stupid and shoot everything moves but not all of them are the way u think!!

I could have this stewards of the land discussion but it would take this thread totally off topic.
Hopefully some more elk and moose get “tagged” in the next couple seasons
Old 12-08-2019, 07:36 PM

This is getting interesting
Old 12-08-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
you are exactly right. Trophy hunting for the purpose of subsidence is selfish. Some use the fn rights to hunt for subsidence as smoke in mirrors to shoot as many as they can and hope for a booner. I’m not saying all, but some do
Old 12-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
you are exactly right. Trophy hunting for the purpose of subsidence is selfish. Some use the fn rights to hunt for subsidence as smoke in mirrors to shoot as many as they can and hope for a booner. I’m not saying all, but some do
Subsidence means the “ sinking of an area of land”. If your going to bash people at least do it properly.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:15 PM

Not illegal. Exercising their rights, as per the laws of the land. Enough said.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Subsidence means the “ sinking of an area of land”. If your going to bash people at least do it properly.
haha!! Ok ok. Didn’t realize the word police were spell checking everyone’s work tonight ! Lol. Hilarious
Old 12-08-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
does sustenance work better. Please don’t report me to the teacher! Lol, I can’t afford another c-
Old 12-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
There are people who take advantage of situations just like the supplemental tags farmers get.
There was no need to bring this thread as an FN bash!
Till all the rules are addressed we will all have the good and bad.
WDF
Old 12-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
There are people who take advantage of situations just like the supplemental tags farmers get.
There was no need to bring this thread as an FN bash!
Till all the rules are addressed we will all have the good and bad.
WDF
No one is bashing anybody
I don’t see farmers getting to shoot a supplemental tag as being greedy
Animal populations are sustainable because of what they do
Why is that a bad thing?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:

Those are great animals. As a First Nations hunter and trapper myself don’t pay any attention to the negative comments. It is our right to hunt for food and we are taught by elders to only shoot males so usually the first male we see gets shot. We hunt by right not by privilege and if they can’t stand up to there end of the treaty’s they are free to leave.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1414 View Post
Those are great animals. As a First Nations hunter and trapper myself don’t pay any attention to the negative comments. It is our right to hunt for food and we are taught by elders to only shoot males so usually the first male we see gets shot. We hunt by right not by privilege and if they can’t stand up to there end of the treaty’s they are free to leave.
Would you really be happy, if we honored the treaties word for word as written?
Old 12-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Also for pure comic relief watching the guys sprint out of the morning briefing was a riot. Literally at a full on run to their trucks.

Priceless!!!!
Been going to the base for over 20 yrs, I still get a kick out of the morning tail light parade. We just stay in the check out station longer and review maps and harvest areas, talk to Shane if he is around. Let the main group go out and hit the trails, follow in 20 mins later while they are pushing everything around.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:

Not trying to be a jerk, thanks for posting some nice animals off the base. Its nice to see the bigger ones out there for those of us who have hunted the base.

But "sustenance" hunting by FN sure cleaned out a lot of trophy animals around and inside Suffield. Not to mention the metis debacle Ralph unleashed on the province. I think you are a little naive to make a statement like that.

It's their right, I get it, I don't have to like it, especially when were waiting 5 plus yrs for draws across this province.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Not trying to be a jerk, thanks for posting some nice animals off the base. Its nice to see the bigger ones out there for those of us who have hunted the base.

But "sustenance" hunting by FN sure cleaned out a lot of trophy animals around and inside Suffield. Not to mention the metis debacle Ralph unleashed on the province. I think you are a little naive to make a statement like that.

It's their right, I get it, I don't have to like it, especially when were waiting 5 plus yrs for draws across this province.

I agree with you im aware with what happened in suffield and those group from Saskatchewan didnt get away with it and even 2 years ago another group got kicked from the base and there harvests was taken away but again trust me not all of them are like this some of them respect animals and rules as we do!!

Old 12-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:

And it wasnt trophy hunts it was for meat but they way over did it those couple groups and it sad coz they kinda killed it for everbody now everyone think fn hunters are killing machine but again in each race u will find good and bad!!

Old 12-09-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:

Trophy hunting by unregulated hunters, would be greatly reduced, if the unregulated hunters were required to break the skull plate, or cut off at least one horn or antler, before they remove the animal from the field. This would not in any way reduce the amount of edible meat, and they could still utilize the antlers or horns, but the animal would no longer be eligible to be officially scored.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Trophy hunting by unregulated hunters, would be greatly reduced, if the unregulated hunters were required to break the skull plate, or cut off at least one horn or antler, before they remove the animal from the field. This would not in any way reduce the amount of edible meat, and they could still utilize the antlers or horns, but the animal would no longer be eligible to be officially scored.
Forfeiture of all skull plates. Cutting in half like alaska does nothing aside from not being eligible for B&C. Register animal for harvest counts and forfeit skulls from all untagged kills. Easy peasy. After all, it is all about the meat so shouldn't be any arguments?
Want to keep the trophy, buy the tag
Old 12-09-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainti View Post
forfeiture of all skull plates. Cutting in half like alaska does nothing aside from not being eligible for b&c. Register animal for harvest counts and forfeit skulls from all untagged kills. Easy peasy. After all, it is all about the meat so shouldn't be any arguments?
Want to keep the trophy, buy the tag
bingo!!!!
Old 12-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Would you really be happy, if we honored the treaties word for word as written?
Yes sir I would!!!!! You should read up on our treaty’s before you start making accusations. As for cutting antlers up no big deal either for me and I’m sure almost any other First Nation hunter. But again that’s not what was written into the treaty’s and as long as the sun shines the grass grows and the river flows our treaty’s are in effect.
Closed Thread