Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I fixed your quote.

"Debbie does Alberta" with her magic wood, er....magic weed.

We don't have Sharia yet, but we do have stoners.
Thanks for ruining a classic for me.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin View Post
....40% of the seats came from over 60% of the vote; the highest turout since the 1990s'. The PC way may not have been what the majority wanted all along so people decided to come out and voice it.

Democracy is something that you may have to learn bitchs.
New canadians made the difference and a whole bunch of other first time , nieeve voters that dont understand economics made the difference, sometimes democracy faulters , it is plain to see the ndp are not qualified or prepared for this job, not even a little
Old 05-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Banned

Just saw Kevin O'Leary on CTV. He says you guys are screwed.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:36 PM

What about Ms Drever here?? she's qualified...for..the new Minister of Ipod?...maybe Minister of Spring Break???
Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
So you are at risk?
yes I am
Old 05-06-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Just saw Kevin O'Leary on CTV. He says you guys are screwed.
Welcome to the discussion.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why are you posting on an open forum?
why not?
Old 05-06-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTHEMI View Post
Let me be the first one to say it. I didn't vote for her.

Well, Alberta has spoken. At least the ones who voted did. Guess all the ones that didn't vote didn't want the NDP? Majority wins every time.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Banned

The companies and people that are at risk, are the companies and people that have over extended themselves financially. Living within your means, is ALWAYS the best practice.

My free advise, if you are over extended financially, downsize as fast as you can and make sure you have a 6 month buffer in the bank!

Last edited by edmhunter; 05-06-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Well that explains why they didn't want their names on the election signs.

What if someone actually checked their qualifications?
I did, reason number 1 why I didn't want them in. Definitely didn't see them getting a majority with this many BAD candidates. Shows how much research people do for elections. They just tote a party line and don't research the best individual to run the riding.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:25 PM

Lots of sore losers here.

PC's got what they deserved.

Democracy is good.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep dog View Post
Lots of sore losers here.

PC's got what they deserved.

Democracy is good.
Being pragmatic, realistic and experienced does not make one a sore looser.

And yes I agree that not only is Democracy good, it's the best political system on earth.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Gone Hunting

The most is not the same as a majority..

I know,....... 'Math is hard"

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
couldn't have anything to do with the fact that when she names her cabinet she doesn't want anyone to check on how long the doofus has before he/she finishes University?????

What? At least the "doofus" is attending post-secondary unlike some of the older and stupider MLAs and cabinet members we have had in the past decade.

Sometimes youth is exactly what an organization needs. Hell, look at the Flames as Exhibit A.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridger2010 View Post
What? At least the "doofus" is attending post-secondary unlike some of the older and stupider MLAs and cabinet members we have had in the past decade.

Sometimes youth is exactly what an organization needs. Hell, look at the Flames as Exhibit A.
who can argue with logic like that??............................. WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:54 PM

We could have voted the Flames into government. Why didn't I see that on the ballot?

Great comparison! No wonder we are in this mess.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 05-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich View Post
why not?
I made an assumption that indicating some projects could be in question could influence potential outcome?

That is all.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Yep and that's what we have, a lot of MLAs skating in circles and none of them have the puck.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

I see that youth worked out real for the oilers as exhibit b. The ndp is going to do the same thing to alberta that they did to Saskatchewan and Ontario.

IMG_0892.JPG
Old 05-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG View Post
They were removed as soon as the election was over. I tried going on their web site when i heard the results.

Why? Should this not be a huge red flag? Or, maybe orange? Unbelievable.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:

I'm sure Steve Jobs would agree, heck, why stop there, get a few 14 and 16 years olds in the mix while we are at it,

Ever notice how the educated elites create the most screwed up results? The best example so far is Obama.

But having a fancy degree apparently makes up for that? It's the individual, not the qualifications or the supposed skills, it's how that person applies the talents and skills they have that matters
Old 05-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
I made an assumption that indicating some projects could be in question could influence potential outcome?

That is all.
No worries
Private company, private funds, concerned owners...... sitting on hands has begun
Old 05-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
The companies and people that are at risk, are the companies and people that have over extended themselves financially. Living within your means, is ALWAYS the best practice.

My free advise, if you are over extended financially, downsize as fast as you can and make sure you have a 6 month buffer in the bank!
The risk is people sitting on their wallets and creating the recession that we all fear.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
The risk is people sitting on their wallets and creating the recession that we all fear.
I do not believe that is accurate. The recent downward spiral of oil only happened recently, blame the Saudis because they are playing the market which has dropped to going rate of oil.

The risk to the individual Albertan that is living beyond their means is self induced and not forward thinking as well as risky behavior.

Last edited by edmhunter; 05-06-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Banned

Default A protest vote that backfired

Thats my take on it that and vote splitting between the WR and the PC's as the Liberals and the Alberta Party were pretty much a non issue at 1 seat each.

I got a good amount of time to think about this today and when it comes right down to it there are quite a few things to consider.First off is the blatant mismanagement by the PC's and their attitude of entitlement.The threads regarding the Red Queen are endless.Next throw in the early election that flaunts the fixed election law the PC's enacted and ignored.How about Prentiss telling Albertans to "look in the mirror"...that was truly a Homer Simpson campaigne gaff Then there was the poll the PC's asked Albertans to fill out for the direction that they wanted for Alberta which was largely ignored by the PC's.Last but not least was the budget that really riled Albertans as well as most of the people on AO

All told I dont think Albertans actually wanted an NDP government.I think a lot of people were mad and decided to protest vote to teach the PC's a lesson.The trouble with that is far too many people did just that and combined with the people that fully support the NDP as well as the vote splitting it resulted in an NDP majority.

As for the NDP I can only hope Alberta gets NDP "light" as compared to how the NDP ran BC and Ontairio into the ground.They got elected and it could be by the means of what I have suggested or it could be because of a complete and total juxtaposition by Albertan voters.If they flush Alberta down the toilet the will get replaced and most likely by the WR.When it comes right down to brass tacks Alberta seriously needed change and that was the common refrain on ALL political threads on AO.

As for the idiots that panicked and sold stocks today...they seriously deserve to lose money for such a knee-jerk reaction about a government that has not even been sworn in yet nor released a budget or appointed a cabinet or has even given a passing thought to any legislation

For the fools saying they are going to lose their guns under Provincial NDP government ...yeah...GUN LAWS are passed by the Federal Government and the last legislation I saw was the abolishment of the long gun registry by the Harper Conservatives which was opposed by the Lieberals/NDP(FEDERAL) and even the Quebec court system failed to keep the info alive.Stop being so effing paranoid

I did get a laugh today from how Angry Tom equated a Provincial NDP win with a right wing vote split was that Canada was headed for change Federally....cripes that guy must be smoking some good stuff or he is just plain delusional.Next Federal election the Conservatives will not be splitting any votes but the NDP/Lieberals/Greens/Bloc will ALL be splitting those leftist votes

Just my .02

FTH
Old 05-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:

Uuhhhmmmmm

I can't wait to here your Exhibit B

And just for kicks......there is no such word as stupider btw
Old 05-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartypants View Post

What about Ms Drever here?? she's qualified...for..the new Minister of Ipod?...maybe Minister of Spring Break???
Forget the Doobie, Ms. Drever looks like she can handle a Gagger without any Problems.

Agriculture Minister. You think Canola rules....Baby light my fire.

Oil Phhhftt. Agriculture has just become number one in Alberta.

You good ol boys out in WR country still sittin on that sack of seeds?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
I do not believe that is accurate. The recent downward spiral of oil only happened recently, blame the Saudis because they are playing the market which has dropped to going rate of oil.

The risk to the individual Albertan that is living beyond their means is self induced and not forward thinking as well as risky behavior.
The Saudis were playing a game with the Americans to hurt Russia, we got caught in the crossfire

Living beyond your means is usually a self correcting deal.

The Great Depression was caused by a lack of confidence, money needs to be in motion to keep people working. You will see many companies sitting and waiting
Old 05-06-2015, 06:43 PM

If you think that the NDP getting in is the final doom for alberta think again.This whole country has been in trouble for a long time ,long before this election came along ,average Canadian debt is sky high,people have over extended themselves to the helt ,the price of consumer goods has gone threw the roof,every large corp has to meet their numbers to keep share holders happy so their ceo's get their multi million bonus and the average family keeps getting kicked in the face so the fat cats of the world can go buy million dollar paintings.What happen in 1999 and 2008 was no fluke and the next one well be a major blow to all of this country,these large corps in north America and around the world are all over inflated and when all these smart guys in the house of trading finally realize what they have done it will be to late and greed will have done us all in.Yes this new party may not be in the best of interest for alberta,but that will not stop people from living beyond their means ,the whole mentality of most canadians is buy and buy more just because we got to have it and they will get it no matter what because they don't get it mentally that the road ahead is not good and a big wall is coming right up around the corner.

Last edited by JD848; 05-06-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Saudis were playing a game with the Americans to hurt Russia, we got caught in the crossfire

Living beyond your means is usually a self correcting deal.

The Great Depression was caused by a lack of confidence, money needs to be in motion to keep people working. You will see many companies sitting and waiting
The Saudis are playing the game for their own self interest, not for the Russians.

Of course they will sit and wait, it's called the survival of the fittest. Most established corporations are far from stupid.
Closed Thread