Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Default Pulling a prank?

Do you have any good stories of pranks you've pulled??

I've heard of some pretty elaborate ones but the one I pulled was pretty basic. I stuffed some paper into the toes of my hunting partners Muck boots when he wasn't looking...the look on his face in the morning when he went to put them on was priceless.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:16 PM

I was visiting my sister in Texas and we were heading out for a day at the lake in her father-in-laws boat. He and I were getting along well as we could talk cars a lot, him being a mechanic. As he was fuelling up the boat at a gas station I noted to him "Gee, I've not seen many sport boats like this that take diesel!". His face immediately lost all color as he let go of the pump, then my mischievous grin kicked in just as he turned to scrutinize the gasoline pump that I knew he had been pumping from all along.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:18 PM

It's the simple ones that are best cabertosser. That's a good one!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 PM

We were at Pine lake, my family and a buddy and his family. His kids were in and out of his truck a hundred times, playing in the truck. I noticed the keys were in it. When the kids were out and nobody was looking I took the keys, stuck mine in the ignition and his in my pocket. When the kids asked him to unlock the truck, it hit the fan lol.
He asked his wife where the spare set were, at home.
I then walked up, and told him I thought I might know a way to get them out of a late model Chevy.
'I happen to know, that if you kick the left front tire real hard, while the keys are in the ignition, it will trigger a lock out sensor and unlock the doors.'
I walked over and kicked the tire a couple times, then turned around to give it a real good backwards kick, hand in my pocket of course, and WHAM beep click, the locks unlock. AMAZING!!!
I quick like grabbed the keys and switched them so he didn't see, and handed his keys back.
I then told him to roll a window down a bit, put the keys back in and lock the door.
After about 15 minutes of him hauling off and kicking the tire on the front, no the back of it, a little lower, no HARDER!!! I was rolling on the ground, the jig was up.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:28 PM

My brothers co worker glued a bee to the office phone so that you would only notice it once it was on your ear. Aperently it got some wild reactions. They also made the office guy order more plasma for the plasma cutter. Aperntly he spent 3 hours on the phone with hospitals.

At the golf course it was an old joke to flick the switch under the seat from running to mantinece. It was a good laugh to hear them over the radio.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Banned

Later 90's went down to the Edmonton Journal to place a garage sale advertisement. I had my buddies contact info all in place. I placed a garage sale advertisement on his behalf and posted ridiculous low ball prices on items. Myself and another perp, pounded in the garage sale signs into his front lawn about 11pm the Friday night.
Saturday 7AM his doorbell blew up with people showing up to his imaginary garage sale...It was priceless !!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 PM

I heard about this one; did not do it personally but thought it was pretty funny.

There was a jokester on a college campus who had pranked a few guys. When the prankster went home for a few weeks over a break, the guys decided to get him back. They took a bunch of those cardboard egg holders that hold two dozen eggs and laid them out neatly, covering the entire floor of his place. Then they put those Chia Pet seeds in the egg holders and then watered them. When the guy came back, he had a floor that looked like a lawn!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 PM

I didn't do it, but watched a welder "clean" the lense on his helmet with his sleeve over and over after striking arc after arc...mechanic had put black electric tape on the inside of the lense.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:40 PM

Getting out of an elevator where my buddy was staying on a different floor and there was another male stranger in the elevator.

I said, "Yvan you will have to tell me about that random gay encounter you had in the elevator last week" as the door closes...and it's only him and the other passenger inside.

LC
Old 01-16-2017, 10:48 PM

Not mine, but I witnessed it years ago - guys put a small chiksan ball into a pile of parts from a starter (I believe) and watched mechanics figuring where it belongs. Stopped them only when they "figured it out" and started looking for a "missing" spring they apparently "lost"
Old 01-16-2017, 10:57 PM
Banned

my co workers stole my car keys that i left laying around all the time and moved my car. When i left work i couldnt find my car no matter where i looked. The co worker who moved my car called me after my shift and happened to be in the area to help me look for my car... of course we found it after he drove me around for a while.

It was freaking hilarious.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 PM

I used to work with a total germ o-phobe so I took the bottle of hand cleaner from his desk and filled it with KY Jelly. The best part was he had to shake the managers hand right after applying it.

Lets see I filled an entire 10' x 10' x 8' office with packing peanuts while someone was on holidays.

I also picked up a smaller Toyota car and completely covered it in 8 rolls of heavy duty shrink wrap. For that extra effect, I taped a box cutter to the door handle, under all the shrink wrap but still visible.

Lastly at one job we had a saw that was in poor shape but management wouldn't pay to have it fixed. Just before I left for holidays I put some candy apple red paint on the blade and turned the saw on. The red paint sprayed everywhere but looked exactly like dried blood. I wasn't there to see the reaction but I heard it was spectacular. Management never did catch on that it wasn't real blood and still thinks someone hurt themselves but didn't come forward.

The rest I'm not going to admit publicly.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-16-2017, 11:35 PM

HAL53 now has a Tinder profile...
Old 01-16-2017, 11:40 PM

I learnt this one as I was the recipient.

Ask a friend if they want to see a (put your ethnic choice here), I was asked if i wanted to see a Ukrainian trailer(German back ground but i fell for it). My co worker takes me out back of the body shop and soon were tooling around here and there in the yard until i clued in I was the "trailer". Once you clue in the jig is up.

We did some horrible pranks in the body shop. One of the easiest, wait for co worker to go to the bathroom. Give a chance to "sit" down. Now take your saved bondo dust and pile at the floor gap. Air hose and a blower, desert dust storm. Your victim comes out looking like casper the ghost.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:48 PM

A guy I worked with told me this. He was rooming with another couple of guys in a crew house. One of the roommates ate Raisin Bran every morning for breakfast.

One day the two guys opened the the other's new box of cereal from the bottom and removed every single raisin and put all the flakes back inside and sealed the box back up. The poor guy's anger and confusion about the missing raisins was priceless.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:32 AM

I had a water cooler in my room at university. Went home for the weekend, when I came back there was a thumb tack taped to the door. Opened the door and found out the guys down the hall filled the room with thousands of balloons. Finally pop all the balloons and find out that my water cooler was now home to an array of pet fish haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 05:18 AM

A few years ago,I pulled the ultimate April fools prank on a friend.I went out and took a ball peen hammer to a old wrecked truck that was destined for the wreckers.I smashed the right front window out and collected all the shattered glass.That night at about midnight,I slithered into my buddies yard with a rock and the glass.His Ford truck was were it should be with ,as always ,the keys in it.I rolled the window down scattered the shattered glass around and placed the rock on his seat.Also had the great insight to bring a thermos of water along,poured it down the window channel onto the top of the rolled down window,it was bitter cold out that night and the window froze in place.
Now the day before,I had talked to his dad,and told him what I was going to do.I also asked,if this thing goes south can you please reel your son back in??
The next morning my friend found his truck,came completely unglued as he thought somebody had busted his window out ,made the phone calls to both the insurance company and the Rcmp and finally phoned his dad.He was still wild about what had happened and his Dad let him rant.He finally said to his son what day is it??? Kid replied Thursday,old man said what date.....kid thought real hard and suddenly the jig was up.........all he said was that SOB.Oh,and then he had to make 2 phone calls,one to his insurance agent and one to the Rcmp to tell them he was mistaken and his window was not broke.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 AM

Back in my university days we ended up at a small house party of one of the guys I worked with. He passed out early, giving us free reign. Being a bachelor, he had a good supply of canned goods. With a razor blade and some super glue, we swapped some labels around. Still funny to see him come to work with what he thought was going to be chicken noodle soup for lunch and open it to find creamed corn.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:55 AM

One of the most brutal ones I've witnessed was on a rig I was filling in on. We had a green roughneck and the kid wasn't to bright.

So the driller and motorhand decided to urinate into a spraynine bottle. Honked the poor roughneck up to the doghouse and handed him the bottle of urine, and told him to go check for leaks on the steam lines by spraying the "water" on them. Needless to say I told him to stay the hell outta my mixshack! Poor kid got about three quarters of the way through the boiler before he caught on...
Old 01-17-2017, 07:54 AM

The best prank I heard of wasn't one I did, but a family friend pulled. Two brothers, grown, that lived together on a small farm. The one brother was really proud of his chickens and the eggs they provided. So the other brother started getting up an hour early and taking an egg or two out of the fridge, placing them back under the hens. His brother started bragging about how he was able to get his hens overproducing on eggs. This went on for a couple of weeks with the egg replacement slowly growing until the hens were all apparently laying two eggs each. The entire community was regaled with how this man's chickens were producing. He was giving instructions to everyone on the best methods to get your chickens producing more eggs. Then one morning the sly brother woke up late. Still, he took a bunch of eggs from the fridge and placed them under the hens. But his brother caught on to the game when he realized that half the eggs were really cold. The reaction was quite loud and hilarious.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:00 AM

One of my co-workers from a previous job used to eat a lot of those small tins of flavored tuna. I noticed one morning after coffee that he had left the empty tin with the spoon used on the table where he sat. Waiting for just this moment, I had bought a small can of cat food, emptied it and exchanged it for the empty can of tuna. I filled in one of the shop guys as to the "switch" who then was ever as so kind as to say out loud in front of the guys as they sat down for lunch that there was a picture of a cat on the label of his "tuna". The guy turned white, then red. For about 10 min he was evaluating if he actually consumed cat food.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:08 AM

I used to bring the Edmonton sun to work everyday one of my coworkers would work on the crossword at coffee and lunch, One Monday I slipped in Sunday's puzzle and gave it to him to work on, I had the solution from Monday's paper.
Every time he would come to a hard word I would provide the answer he was amazed that I was I knew all the answers. I let him in on it at the afternoon break he literally fell off his chair laughing.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I learnt this one as I was the recipient.

Ask a friend if they want to see a (put your ethnic choice here), I was asked if i wanted to see a Ukrainian trailer(German back ground but i fell for it). My co worker takes me out back of the body shop and soon were tooling around here and there in the yard until i clued in I was the "trailer". Once you clue in the jig is up.

We did some horrible pranks in the body shop. One of the easiest, wait for co worker to go to the bathroom. Give a chance to "sit" down. Now take your saved bondo dust and pile at the floor gap. Air hose and a blower, desert dust storm. Your victim comes out looking like casper the ghost.
Used to empty bondo hardener tube and fill it with blue paint. Watch guys mix their bondo, apply it and wonder why it didn't harden, after about half an hour they would figure they forgot to put hardener in, scrape and wash it off and remix and repeat. Back in the lacquer paint days we would empty the lacquer thinner can and put enamel reducer in it, painter would mix up the lacquer add the 'thinner', it would curdle like sour milk then they would repeat, get mad and pick up the phone asking the paint rep what was happening.. then there was the balloon filled with oxy/atcelene mix, slip it over a sparkplug removed from the cylinder, re attach the plug wire to the sparkplug, when someone went to start the car.....BOOM. Used to do the same with 2 litre pop bottles with a park lite socket wired to an extension cord, break the glass part of the bulb leaving the filament intact, fill bottle with oxy /actcelene seal bulb socket in the bottle neck with dumb dumb sealer. Drunks would pass out in wrecked cars out in the storage compound, we would place the bottle in the vehicle with the sleeping drunk, walk away and plug in the extension cord....Boom...they woke up fast. One day we did it and the guy never moved, we investigated, thought we killed him for a minute, then realized he was cold and stiff, had died in the night, called the ambulance.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:48 AM

We once took a co-worker's truck keys as he always left them on the table in the lunch room. We then drove his truck a couple km's away and parked it at an A&W. He freaked out pretty good thinking it was stolen, had him going for a couple hours before we told him what we did.

Another time, working late at the airport in the summer, those big june bugs were everywhere, so we caught some and put them in a co-worker's gloves. He put his gloves on a few minutes later and the look on his face was priceless.

Had this one pulled on me. Just picked up my new car from the dealership and came back to work. The guys went out and put a few drops of air tool oil under the engine and then at coffee break they started saying hey go look at your car it's leaking oil. They got me pretty good with that.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 AM

Good practical jokes feed my slightly darker alter-ego. Here's a couple I've done:

On the farm we had a large potato bin in the bowels of our old and dark farmhouse basement. It was always my younger sister's job to get the potatoes for supper and wash and peel them. She always complained about how scary it was going to the potato bin. One night I confirmed that we were having potatoes for supper and I proceeded to climb into the potato bin and bury myself under the spuds. I must have waited 20 minutes but it was worth the wait. I could hear my sister slowly walking to the bin. I heard the click of the single incandescent light bulb string being pulled, and then waited until she reached into the bin and I burst out with a roar. Scared the living #$(*%^ out of her!

As a kid on the farm, my dad always joked about how my mom only drank skim milk as it had become a bit of a fad in the 70s/80s. He always said, "I don't understand why you like to drink that blue milk so much - it has no flavor". One day I got to thinking - why don't I "enhance" the blue a bit. So after breakfast I added a few drops of blue food coloring to the carton and giggled all the way down the driveway to catch the school bus. However, when I got home I found out my mom poured some of the milk on her cereal after the kids left for school and was mortified. She promptly called our local grocery store manager and complained profusely. She was asked to bring the milk in right away. They inspected it and promptly contacted the distributor who asked for it to be couriered in immediately to they could send it to the lab for testing. When I got back from school and learned about all what went on, I was very hesitant to confess, but knew the lab would likely find out it was food coloring and it would come back to me given my reputation as a joker. Even though I had to call the store and apologize, it was still worth it
Old 01-17-2017, 09:12 AM

Smile

Like the time four of us where in a Hotel room and there was alcohol involved and the first person to fall asleep was then disrobed, shaved, and had shaving cream spread on him. You should have seen him the next morning.
The next trick was a person fell asleep in his chair and it is amazing what Baby powder will do. Of course I had no prior knowledge of this!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
Back in my university days we ended up at a small house party of one of the guys I worked with. He passed out early, giving us free reign. Being a bachelor, he had a good supply of canned goods. With a razor blade and some super glue, we swapped some labels around. Still funny to see him come to work with what he thought was going to be chicken noodle soup for lunch and open it to find creamed corn.
Did similar joke.... took all labels off the cans and threw three cans of dog food into the mix....
Old 01-17-2017, 09:45 AM

Back when lazer pointers became a toy, i bought a hugely expensive one off the Mac truck. Took it every where. That red dot could get some laughs.

Mcbride sledding, 3 guys to a room, i got the lucky draw and a bed to myself. Some rum was drunk, lights out. Smoke detector with red light above. Were talking in the dark, sleep is coming so i aim the lazer at the red dot. They must have closed their eyes a bit as i managed to put my dot on it with out getting caught. Now start talking again, as we talk i slowly move the dot across the ceiling. Talking stops as they see it, then WTF?, then do you see that? Whats happening? I couldn't hold it in any more and burst out laughing.

Walking downtown after a movie, bunch of girls a head. Lazer their butt's, no clue, guys get a laugh. Keep walking, slowly have red dot pass ahead of them and they just stop, have no clue where or why it's there. Stop before they turn around, no wiser it was us.

I live beside a strip mall. In the past, people would always stop to pee behind it. So when i hear the vehicle stop, doors slam, it wakes me up. So out comes the lazer, wait for stream to start and i light up the reflective parking sign beside them. It really glows in the dark when a lazer hits it Mid stream, scared and can't do squat.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:48 AM

I have played a few pranks.... one of the best is air horn triggered by toilet seat....
Old 01-17-2017, 09:51 AM

While driving through Rocky about 10 years ago I seen my buddies F350. I knew his passcode fords have on the drivers door, so I bought a For Sale sign and threw it in the window one night. Listed the truck for sale for $4,500, and left his name and phone number on the sign. Truck was worth close to 40,000 at the time. He later told me, about 2 years later, he got about 25 phone calls. Even 2 guys tried to bid him down from $4,500.