Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 05:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Who cares, what's done is done...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-16-2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Harper didn't need any help. He should have bowed out gracefully before the last election, he had to know he was going down in flames. His arrogance matched that of Prentice - and look where that landed Alberta.
x2
Old 01-16-2017, 07:10 AM

But they did for two terms. I think it was his arrogance and the ultra conservative way he started leaning that did him in, especially as you say in central Canada. And we all know, if you don't have central Canada, you don't have the votes...... I happened to like the guy, but one vote from Alberta just doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
...and the CBC and central Canada could not stomach a PM from western Canada...
Old 01-16-2017, 07:40 AM

Even though Canada has one of the worlds largest reserves of valuable resources and is located between two superpowers most Canadians think there has never been any significant covert activity or influence in the decisions made by their citizens or government. Canadians have a shocking ability to believe their governments, businesses, industries and in particular elections are completely incorruptible and are not, have never been, the target of any significant covert activity meant to achieve an outcome that was not in the interest of Canadians or at least decided by Canadians.

So strong is this belief in some Canadians even when they become aware of evidence suggesting covert foreign activities they dismiss or or consider it a one off. One person in particular I knew was so outraged at the methods used by his (American) employer to shut down Canadian competition he started telling people about it and was discouraged when other Canadians did not seem concerned.

I pointed out those methods were just to gain millions of dollars, imagine what other companies are doing when billions or even trillions of dollars are in play. Then it was he that was not concerned because he felt that such activities at that level could not occur in Canada without people knowing and the media reporting.

It is an amazing part of the Canadian psychological make up that so many believe their country and systems are immune from covert foreign influence and corruption. Corruption they can easily see in other countries with natural resources, even when those resources are just banana's.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
But they did for two terms. I think it was his arrogance and the ultra conservative way he started leaning that did him in, especially as you say in central Canada. And we all know, if you don't have central Canada, you don't have the votes...... I happened to like the guy, but one vote from Alberta just doesn't matter!
I'm always curious what people mean by "ultra conservative". Can you please enlighten me?
Old 01-16-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
...and the CBC and central Canada could not stomach a PM from western Canada...
LOL Then how did he get elected in the first place? I'm pretty sure most people knew where he was from when he won his majority.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:54 AM

Sure thing... Any agenda outside of that followed and endorsed by the majority. IE. Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm always curious what people mean by "ultra conservative". Can you please enlighten me?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
LOL Then how did he get elected in the first place? I'm pretty sure most people knew where he was from when he won his majority.
Look at who the Libs had running against him....and he was the first ever to win a majority without carrying Quebec
Old 01-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sure thing... Any agenda outside of that followed and endorsed by the majority. IE. Zealot

So if I don't agree with what the majority is following, I am a zealot?

Next thing you will say that not following the crowd is a mental illness..
Old 01-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
Please do. I am eager to see it.
You are correct I was confusing you with someone else; I wish to offer my apology for my error.

Have good New Year.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
How?

He was just a guy from Toronto that lived in Alberta.
He always downplayed the fact that his family came from the slacker welfare Maritime Provinces he despised, and he ran with the image and persona that he was a true Westerner.

Kim Campbell and Joe Clark are the only Western born and bred con PM's I can think of.

Even Deif the Cheif was born in Ontario.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
How?

He was just a guy from Toronto that lived in Alberta.
He always downplayed the fact that his family came from the slacker welfare Maritime Provinces he despised, and he ran with the image and persona that he was a true Westerner.

Kim Campbell and Joe Clark are the only Western born and bred con PM's I can think of.

Even Deif the Cheif was born in Ontario.
Sooooo if he wasn't a Westerner, it could not be true that he lost the election because Easterners wouldn't vote for a Westerner. I think you and Hal need to duke this one out. LOL
Old 01-16-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
You are correct I was confusing you with someone else; I wish to offer my apology for my error.

Have good New Year.
Not a problem - happens to me all the time . Good New Year to you too
Old 01-16-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Sooooo if he wasn't a Westerner, it could not be true that he lost the election because Easterners wouldn't vote for a Westerner. I think you and Hal need to duke this one out. LOL
Well, if you're a true Westerner with your head firmly embedded in the 80's, ya still gotta blame Eastern Canada and all things Liberal for every problem in the fiefdom.

Pickin' a fight with the East was always a sure fire bet to get re-elected in Alberta.

Look what happened to 40 years of Provincial PC rule after people finally realized we were getting taken to the cleaners.

I suppose now that the cons have gone bye-bye and the Libs and ND's are in power - the only ones left to blame by these types of enlightened thinkers is Putin and the Russians.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:36 AM

I don't know about the Russians, more like George Soro's.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well, if you're a true Westerner with your head firmly embedded in the 80's, ya still gotta blame Eastern Canada and all things Liberal for every problem in the fiefdom.

Pickin' a fight with the East was always a sure fire bet to get re-elected in Alberta.

Look what happened to 40 years of Provincial PC rule after people finally realized we were getting taken to the cleaners.

I suppose now that the cons have gone bye-bye and the Libs and ND's are in power - the only ones left to blame by these types of enlightened thinkers is Putin and the Russians.
History repeating itself. Trudeau number 2 going after Alberta's economic engine. Deja vu all over again. Picking a fight with the west was always a sure fire bet to get re-elected in the east.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
History repeating itself. Trudeau number 2 going after Alberta's economic engine. Deja vu all over again. Picking a fight with the west was always a sure fire bet to get re-elected in the east.
I don't think your average voter in Ontario or Quebec gives a about picking a fight with Alberta.

As long as the manufacturing sector is happy, the price of hydro is OK, Bay Street is happy and the Venezuelan and Saudi crude keeps flowing along with the transfer payments - life is good and they could care less about any whining and Albertans.

Last edited by catnthehat; 01-16-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
I don't know about the Russians, more like George Soro's.
Well, if George Soros is the monster he's portrayed to be, we should be onside with Putin.

Russia has officially declared that Billionaire George Soros is a wanted man in their country, citing him and his organizations as a “threat to Russian national security”.

You can't have it both ways.

http://yournewswire.com/vladimir-put...dead-or-alive/
Old 01-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:

That's not really an answer. Actually it's not an answer at all, related to the original question.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:32 AM

Call me crazy, but I would side with the Russians before Soros.

Some reading.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/23...-draws-concern

http://www.albertaoilmagazine.com/20...ction-machine/
Old 01-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Some reading.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/23...-draws-concern

http://www.albertaoilmagazine.com/20...ction-machine/
Warning! Kool-Aid is wearing off!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=dmcbride;3444700]Call me crazy, but I would side with the Russians before Soros.

In a heartbeat. Albeit with some reservations.

Soros & Obama via the Tides Foundation were also trying to influence the elections in Israel and Canada. They hate Netanyahu, and hated Harper. Yet Russia's supposed to be the bogeyman?!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=histyle;3444730]
Quote:

In a heartbeat. Albeit with some reservations.

Soros & Obama via the Tides Foundation were also trying to influence the elections in Israel and Canada. They hate Netanyahu, and hated Harper. Yet Russia's supposed to be the bogeyman?!
But we're told it's all Russia's doings.

Of course the Americans and the CIA are squeaky clean.

They've never influenced, subverted or interfered with anybody's elections. And I hear they've never directly and indirectly attacked any countries democratically elected governments - ever!

An I've also heard they don't hack, spy on foreign governments or mass monitor and conduct mass surveillance their own citizens either.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Harper didn't need any help. He should have bowed out gracefully before the last election, he had to know he was going down in flames. His arrogance matched that of Prentice - and look where that landed Alberta.
Ya, because he actually knew something about what it takes to run the country and how economics works, unlike the drama teacher we have now. You can't honestly think this yahoo is better? He will bring the west to their knees.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
Ya, because he actually knew something about what it takes to run the country and how economics works, unlike the drama teacher we have now. You can't honestly think this yahoo is better? He will bring the west to their knees.
Had they given Harper the boot and put someone at the head that wanted to be a little less of a dictator, the PC's likely would have been voted back in. Trudeau got the anger vote. Sooooo, who's fault would it be?

It's the same here in Alberta, Prentice and his arrogance created a perfect storm. Called an election at the most inopportune time, and guess what. Even Notley had to be surprised she got a majority.

You might want to sit back and actually research Harper - and what he did to this country. I imagine a man with his hand out looking to shake yours - but he has a gun behind his back.

But, as an offhand question? How many terror threats have we gotten since Harper was booted?
Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Had they given Harper the boot and put someone at the head that wanted to be a little less of a dictator, the PC's likely would have been voted back in. Trudeau got the anger vote. Sooooo, who's fault would it be?

It's the same here in Alberta, Prentice and his arrogance created a perfect storm. Called an election at the most inopportune time, and guess what. Even Notley had to be surprised she got a majority.

You might want to sit back and actually research Harper - and what he did to this country. I imagine a man with his hand out looking to shake yours - but he has a gun behind his back.

But, as an offhand question? How many terror threats have we gotten since Harper was booted?
Here's one. How many did we get under Harper?

http://globalnews.ca/news/2877274/aa...-experts-warn/
Old 01-16-2017, 09:14 PM

With all the differing opinions we see between western Canada and eastern Canada why don't we see a seperatist movement towards becoming western Canada the country? Not to mention transfer payments alone.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugleemin View Post
With all the differing opinions we see between western Canada and eastern Canada why don't we see a seperatist movement towards becoming western Canada the country? Not to mention transfer payments alone.
too many. Harper was a terror monger... You see, in the end - it wasn't about voting for the PC party, it was voting for Harper.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Old Harper committed Harri Kari in 2015 when he committed Canada to end fossil fuel use by the end of the 21st century.

It turned out he was the fossil that got ended instead.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...cussed-instead
So Harper said we'll be off oil in 85 years. A statement that I'm sure would have lots of flex in it when we come to that point nearly century later, and he's a bad man.

But Trulander wants us off oil tomorrow, and he's the people's hero.

Got it. I think.

Quote:
Good point - Harpo was just a faithful servant.
The rest of the G leaders - JT included - continue to go down this path.

You have to wonder who is really calling the shots in the world - it sure isn't you and I - or who ever we vote for.
Yeah, faithful servant. Harper served Canada not foreign busy bodies. You don't recall his thoughts on civil disarmament and agenda 21 to the UN do you?

Justin Jagger, on the other hand, will be the lap dog of whoever scratches the back of his mop. He signed right up on all that bull.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
too many. Harper was a terror monger... You see, in the end - it wasn't about voting for the PC party, it was voting for Harper.

Lol! He was right!

The little potato will run our country into the ground. He's bringing in millions (his plan, not a typo) of immigrants and refugees from the most unsettled, war loving regions on Earth.

We have little junior terrorist JT in office right now! But you have to admire his basic dictatorship...

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!