Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2017, 08:26 PM

Default So.... did the Russians help take down Harper...?

Couple people I've met gave me some interesting ideas... but I'm wondering if it's not just tin foil hat stuff.

JT is quietly wavering on support for NATO, defense spending... and may be withdrawing our support from the Ukraine.... interesting.

Anyone else come across anything like this?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Couple people I've met gave me some interesting ideas... but I'm wondering if it's not just tin foil hat stuff.

JT is quietly wavering on support for NATO, defense spending... and may be withdrawing our support from the Ukraine.... interesting.

Anyone else come across anything like this?
Harper didn't need any help. He should have bowed out gracefully before the last election, he had to know he was going down in flames. His arrogance matched that of Prentice - and look where that landed Alberta.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 PM

Silver
Do you have a link to 4chans claims of making the Russian stuff up?

I'd like to see it
Old 01-15-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Harper didn't need any help. He should have bowed out gracefully before the last election, he had to know he was going down in flames. His arrogance matched that of Prentice - and look where that landed Alberta.
Couldn't be said any better. Harpers arrogance had him sinking fast best thing the PC could have done is make Harper step down and maybe they could have have saved face.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Silver
Do you have a link to 4chans claims of making the Russian stuff up?

I'd like to see it
It was actually about the whole golden showers thing with Trump.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/4chan-...story-6374569/
Old 01-15-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Trudeau received 39.47% of the vote.

Harper received 31.89% in 2015 dropping 7.73% points.

The Conservatives loss was in no small part due to the shift from the NDP to the Liberal Party which resulted in a loss of 10.92% points. It was not all simple about PM Harper.

Just the facts, ma'am
Old 01-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post

The Conservatives loss was in no small part due to the shift from the NDP to the Liberal Party which resulted in a loss of 10.92% points. It was not all simple about PM Harper.

Just the facts, ma'am
...and the CBC and central Canada could not stomach a PM from western Canada...
Old 01-15-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:

Just the facts, ma'am
Correct...and MSM aka CBC did the rest. It seems some people are still swallowing the Kool Aid.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:15 PM

Thanks Silver.

I researched a couple websites

One had screenshots of the IRC discussion

It's interesting
Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
Correct...and MSM aka CBC did the rest. It seems some people are still swallowing the Kool Aid.
Not me, Twitter is my reality check .... fool me once, shame on you ---fool me twice, shame on me
The influence of mainstream media has ended. Want to win an election, get on twitter. Today, blaming the mainstream media is a cop-out.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
...and the CBC and central Canada could not stomach a PM from western Canada...
Old Harper committed Harri Kari in 2015 when he committed Canada to end fossil fuel use by the end of the 21st century.

It turned out he was the fossil that got ended instead.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...cussed-instead
Old 01-15-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:

Just the facts, ma'am
but look at the hard numbers. Harper and the CPC only lost 200k votes and voter turnout was higher then the previous election. people did come out to vote and not for Harper and not for Mulclair but not necessarily for Trudeau.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
Old Harper committed Harri Kari in 2015 when he committed Canada to end fossil fuel use by the end of the 21st century.

Actually it was all of the G7 that came to that decision, and in 90 years the chances are, besides coal, fossil fuels will have reached a point of diminishing returns in terms of cost of extraction and value of production.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
but look at the hard numbers. Harper and the CPC only lost 200k votes and voter turnout was higher then the previous election. people did come out to vote and not for Harper and not for Mulclair but not necessarily for Trudeau.
Quote:
Actually it was all of the G7 that came to that decision, and in 90 years the chances are, besides coal, fossil fuels will have reached a point of diminishing returns in terms of cost of extraction and value of production.

Interesting, I am of the belief we adjust and adapt.

Happy New Year.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Good point - Harpo was just a faithful servant.
The rest of the G leaders - JT included - continue to go down this path.

You have to wonder who is really calling the shots in the world - it sure isn't you and I - or who ever we vote for.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:34 PM

Interesting if one looks at the votes.

And CSIS seems to possibly agree.

JT is the perfect person to be leading Canada if you are Russia.

Especially if you want to weaken NATO, the Ukraine, and the Arctic.

Interesting
Old 01-15-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:

The perfect person, basically for everyone, unless your Canadian, then its rather unfortunate, but hey, from a world perspective, we're a minority, so he just runs with it.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:

Interesting
Yes, one can blame Russia for everything, from leaked corruption of DNC, media and Hillary to NDP getting elected in Alberta, or one can own his mistakes, stupid decisions, corrupt practices and try not to make these mistakes again. Getting tired of a new old boogeyman people make Russia into. You just can't get ahead blaming some country most don't know about for your own issues.
Ukraine? The moment they figure out that they have to start solving their own problems themselves and try to stop the civil war will be the moment they will have a shot at the future, but with the corruption they have it is not likely to happen any time soon.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:26 PM
Banned

Old 01-15-2017, 10:36 PM

Default I wouldn't laugh things like this off.

Our system of government would be harder, much harder to hack, 2 languages, multi cultural, a parliamentary system and one where false news wouldn't be as effective due to the nature of us voting for MPs. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

They must have tried it out before, maybe lots of times, BREXIT would be an issue/election like the US one, is there any evidence that they meddled in that one?

Given Putin was head of the KGB, I'm sure the spooks have his full confidence.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Our system of government would be harder, much harder to hack, 2 languages, multi cultural, a parliamentary system and one where false news wouldn't be as effective due to the nature of us voting for MPs. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

They must have tried it out before, maybe lots of times, BREXIT would be an issue/election like the US one, is there any evidence that they meddled in that one?

Given Putin was head of the KGB, I'm sure the spooks have his full confidence.
What you call hacked election in reality is a leak (or a hack) of emails, right?
I mean even democrat losers don't allege anything else, like faking the emails. At least I didn't see anybody protesting the authenticity of the information itself.
Call it what it was - (un)timely exposure of a very inconvenient truth, but be it Putin, DNC employee or a 14 years old geek - they did Americans a favor.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:

Just the facts, ma'am
Tell that to the Maritimes. How many seats did Harper lose their 22 IIRC. Getting shut out in the Maritimes cost him dearly.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Interesting
Im more scared of our government then the Russians attacking. They continue to take more of our rights and freedoms away every chance they get.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
Yes, one can blame Russia for everything, from leaked corruption of DNC, media and Hillary to NDP getting elected in Alberta, or one can own his mistakes, stupid decisions, corrupt practices and try not to make these mistakes again. Getting tired of a new old boogeyman people make Russia into. You just can't get ahead blaming some country most don't know about for your own issues.
Ukraine? The moment they figure out that they have to start solving their own problems themselves and try to stop the civil war will be the moment they will have a shot at the future, but with the corruption they have it is not likely to happen any time soon.
Quote:
What you call hacked election in reality is a leak (or a hack) of emails, right?
I mean even democrat losers don't allege anything else, like faking the emails. At least I didn't see anybody protesting the authenticity of the information itself.
Call it what it was - (un)timely exposure of a very inconvenient truth, but be it Putin, DNC employee or a 14 years old geek - they did Americans a favor.

Ok.

Any thing you post I will always question?
Only when I want to.

Only because of your past post about a range in Alberta you said you were a member of.

Fire.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Ok.

Any thing you post I will always question?
Only when I want to.

Only because of your past post about a range in Alberta you said you were a member of.

Fire.
You are confusing me with somebody, never was a member of a range in Alberta, but do know a couple nice places to shoot on a Crown Land. I did share locations in PMs, but I don't think I shared them with you though. Fire

Truth hurts isn't it?
Old 01-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Banned

Pain is good.

History is always changing.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are confusing me with somebody, never was a member of a range in Alberta, but do know a couple nice places to shoot on a Crown Land. I did share locations in PMs, but I don't think I shared them with you though. Fire

Truth hurts isn't it?

Yes I am confused, but I do believe if I could search the archives I could find some quotes with your handle.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Yes I am confused, but I do believe if I could search the archives I could find some quotes with your handle.
Please do. I am eager to see it.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Not me, Twitter is my reality check .... fool me once, shame on you ---fool me twice, shame on me
The influence of mainstream media has ended. Want to win an election, get on twitter. Today, blaming the mainstream media is a cop-out.
We didn't elect Truedope Today. When he was (gag) elected our MSM/CBC was very relevant, still is today.
Trump has changed the game using Twitter to his benefit.
But honestly, Anybody can say Anything that is either true or false on Twitter.
Putin seems to have got it right, hack the S--T out of anything electronic and control the world...
Old 01-16-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
We didn't elect Truedope Today. When he was (gag) elected our MSM/CBC was very relevant, still is today.
Trump has changed the game using Twitter to his benefit.
But honestly, Anybody can say Anything that is either true or false on Twitter.
Putin seems to have got it right, hack the S--T out of anything electronic and control the world...
This fear mongering over Russians attacking really doesn't look good over the last couple years. Downright scary. Reminds me this quote:

"Naturally, the common people don't want war ... but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country." Hermann Goering
Recall how Iraq was depicted in MSM before the second war?
It's about time common people use some common sense

Last edited by ak-71; 01-16-2017 at 12:45 AM.