Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2017, 07:54 AM

Why do ppl insist on calling electricity "hydro'....???
Hydro is water.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 01-15-2017, 07:58 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
"REALLY" Now I only heat 2000 sq ft in the middle of winter.
#1 what was she doing buying a house that large when she obviously could not afford it.
#2 Has the carbon tax made things diffucult? YES, by about 10 or 20 percent, 20 percent knowing that the money is going to pay for his vacations.
#3 I am one of those people that keep records that go back to 1990.
#4 The total increase from 1990 to now has been about 50% so I was paying $150.00 a month 22 years ago. I am now paying roughly $250.00 now!
#5 I may be out in my figures, by $25.00 but you get the point.
#6 If you have to live that close to your budget, time to get a new budget person.
#7 This is the first year I have kept the temp at 71, normally it is 72, and it is nothing to do with cost. I am sitting here in a T-Shirt writing this and the temp outside, at this time, is 10 degrees F or whatever that Celcious thing is, I believe after looking at my machine it is 10 below.
So I dispute the figures she is giving and knowing him to be an artful liar! it was planned.
$1000 isn't at all far fetched for Ontario. My brother lives there 900 square foot house and electricity bills in the $350-600 range, depending on the time of year.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 AM
Banned

Default post#61

Agree.
Could be derived from this description.

Flowing water creates energy that can be captured and turned into electricity. This is called hydroelectric power or hydropower. The most common type of hydroelectric power plant uses a dam on a river to store water in a reservoir.

Last edited by purgatory.sv; 01-15-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: order
Old 01-15-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
#1 what was she doing buying a house that large when she obviously could not afford it.
#2 Has the carbon tax made things diffucult? YES, by about 10 or 20 percent, 20 percent knowing that the money is going to pay for his vacations.
#4 The total increase from 1990 to now has been about 50% so I was paying $150.00 a month 22 years ago. I am now paying roughly $250.00 now!
#6 If you have to live that close to your budget, time to get a new budget person.
#7 This is the first year I have kept the temp at 71, normally it is 72, and it is nothing to do with cost. I am sitting here in a T-Shirt writing this and the temp outside, at this time, is 10 degrees F or whatever that Celcious thing is, I believe after looking at my machine it is 10 below.
So I dispute the figures she is giving and knowing him to be an artful liar! it was planned.
Well try heating your home on electricity, and you'll be in for a rude awakening. Like I said, a decent size house here would hit $1000 in winter.

I can't see from here how big her home is, but in the last few years Ontario's power has increased in cost somewhere in-between 200 and 300%. Quite a few jobs left the province because the cost of manufacturing went up so much. It's very likely that the bill was more like $400 when she moved in.

He isn't quite quick enough to be artful. IMO he looked like a complete jackhole as he ummed and awed his way along. He didn't even have an answer. No surprise really, as he can't answer the easy questions.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
Hydro is water.
Never heard of B.C. hydro? Dammed water makes electricity. Ontario has some too.

Pureblood!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Banned

Default it's a sure tell the poster's from ...

Quote:
Hydro is water.
BC - MB or worse ON / QC
Old 01-15-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I love these stories, especially when fuel prices are skyrocketing for NO real reason>>why tax me to give it to well to do corporations??

Harper government has given big oil and pipeline companies more than $400 million to go green

Canadian taxpayers have given more than $400 million to some large oil, gas and pipeline companies in recent years to support green projects that are also boosting the industry’s environmental credentials.

An analysis of federal accounting records by Postmedia News shows that Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s government has offered these subsidies to money-making companies such as Shell Canada, Suncor, Husky Energy and Enbridge to pursue projects in biofuels production and wind energy as well as new technology to capture carbon pollution and bury it underground.
Subsidies by the numbers

Suncor: $134 million in support of biofuels production and wind energy projects.

Shell Canada: $120 million in support of Quest project to capture carbon pollution and bury it underground.

Husky Energy: $124 million in support of biofuels production and ethanol plant.

Enbridge: $23 million in support of wind energy projects.

International: $1.4 million in funding from Environment Canada to reduce pollution from oil and gas companies, including operations
news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/harper-government-has-given-big-oil-and-pipeline-companies-more-than-400-million-to-go-green
news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/harper-government-has-given-big-oil-and-pipeline-companies-more-than-400-million-to-go-green
Wow. He did all that across Canada with $402,400,000?

I wonder what the NDP are planning to do in Alberta alone with $4,000,000,000 in just one year?
(Zeros added for effect)
Old 01-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:

It seems most meet and greet with certain politicians are controlled, probably to maintain order.
Was this planed?
Maybe.

A previous leader was criticized all the time for controlling exposure yet the current leader isn’t questioned about it?

See post#6.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
was changed following Harper being revealed of his duties
Wrong.

.....and maybe you should have studied back home, your spelling ability is still lacking.
It's ok though, society is understanding of all the hardships millenials have had to go through...
Old 01-15-2017, 08:50 AM

So they complain about pipelines and cheap energy and now the complaint about hydro costs. Guess what , oil is cheap, hydro is expensive,. You made your own bed now u get to lay in it
Old 01-15-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
You're out to lunch if you think Harper did well for this country. Him and the PC's in Alberta are the reason we are in the mess we are. Lack of jobs, the fact that we went all in on oil when everyone knows full well that it isn't going to last forever at the $100 a barrel. Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.

Harper spent more money then Justin is even close to spending, not that I give a **** how much money the government spends nor should anyone, given that the entire world is in debt by trillions of dollars.

"Trudeau sends an immediate $300,000,000 to Fort McMurray and is committed to cover 90% of the cost of the fire. Trudeau fast tracks approval of infrastructure spending in Alberta to put construction workers back to work. Trudeau lowers federal taxes by 7% for the middle class. Trudeau extends EI for Albertans by an addition 20 weeks to 70 weeks total. Trudeau approves Transmountain and Line 3 pipelines. Trudeau pushes Energy East pipeline in Quebec, and promises that Keystone XL will proceed as soon as the US approves it. Albertans act like spoiled toddlers and throw a temper tantrum"

Continue your temper tantrum, its ok. He will be the PM for a long time, so get use to having jobs and an economy that is diversified.
Unbelievable.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
You're out to lunch if you think Harper did well for this country. Him and the PC's in Alberta are the reason we are in the mess we are. Lack of jobs, the fact that we went all in on oil when everyone knows full well that it isn't going to last forever at the $100 a barrel. Give your head a shake, your eyes are stuck.

Harper spent more money then Justin is even close to spending, not that I give a **** how much money the government spends nor should anyone, given that the entire world is in debt by trillions of dollars.

"Trudeau sends an immediate $300,000,000 to Fort McMurray and is committed to cover 90% of the cost of the fire. Trudeau fast tracks approval of infrastructure spending in Alberta to put construction workers back to work. Trudeau lowers federal taxes by 7% for the middle class. Trudeau extends EI for Albertans by an addition 20 weeks to 70 weeks total. Trudeau approves Transmountain and Line 3 pipelines. Trudeau pushes Energy East pipeline in Quebec, and promises that Keystone XL will proceed as soon as the US approves it. Albertans act like spoiled toddlers and throw a temper tantrum"

Continue your temper tantrum, its ok. He will be the PM for a long time, so get use to having jobs and an economy that is diversified.
Lol. You take too many things for face value.

A 7% tax reduction doesn't make up for a 12+% increase due to the carbon tax. That's what you sheep don't understand.

No pipelines will be built under Trudeau. He approved them to avoid being lynched, but red tape and paid protesters will continue to hold up the projects indefinitely.

As for the Fort McMurray help - the world was watching. That is the only reason he did anything. He wants to phase the oilsands out. And you think he cared?

What kind of economic diversification are you talking about? Cutting oilsands and coal industry to set up windmills? Right, can't wait.

Sorry, but you are wrong if you think we are better off with Trudeau than Harper.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboy View Post
Unbelievable.
Don't you just love these imports coming here and telling us how stupid we've been all these years, and how horrible the provincial conservatives are and Harper is the reincarnation of the devil ?.. As I have said they moved here because they thought the streets were paved with gold and they heard that everybody made 100k a year...then they discovered they had to work for it and there were damn few handouts, therefore it must be the Gov't.'s fault..???
Old 01-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Don't you just love these imports coming here and telling us how stupid we've been all these years, and how horrible the provincial conservatives are and Harper is the reincarnation of the devil ?.. As I have said they moved here because they thought the streets were paved with gold and they heard that everybody made 100k a year...then they discovered they had to work for it and there were damn few handouts, therefore it must be the Gov't.'s fault..???
Don't fool yourself. A lot of the type of people you describe aren't imports. Just lazy, self entitled Albertans.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Don't fool yourself. A lot of the type of people you describe aren't imports. Just lazy, self entitled Albertans.
Could you be more offensive?
I'm sure there are a few and most likely more coming out of generation snowflake but all the Albertans I know have worked an insane amount of hours (commonly 130+ a week)in dangerous industries and extremely challenging conditions away from home for weeks at a time for what little they have to show for there sacrifices.
We have work ethics to a fault if anything.
As per mantras like these that are repeated daily on every job site.Just get it done,sleep when your dead e.t.c
Old 01-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Hopefully a whole new generation of recidivist Liberal voters are re-learning what it means to have a country run by a group of entitled royalty.

Forever an optimist,
Rugs
Old 01-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musk e View Post
I'm sure there are a few and most likely more coming out of generation snowflake but all the Albertans I know have worked an insane amount of hours (commonly 130+ a week)in dangerous industries and extremely challenging conditions away from home for weeks at a time for what little they have to show for there sacrifices.
As per mantras like these that are repeated daily on every job site.Just get it done,sleep when your dead e.t.c
Easy tiger. Those who fit your description above aren't lazy and self entitled. Try hiring some young (17-25) people this week. A few are really good, but most are not interested in manual labour.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newview01 View Post
easy tiger. Those who fit your description above aren't lazy and self entitled. Try hiring some young (17-25) people this week. A few are really good, but most are not interested in manual labour.
you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Hopefully a whole new generation of recidivist Liberal voters are re-learning what it means to have a country run by a group of entitled royalty.

Forever an optimist,
Rugs
In this case of Optimism, I would define an Optimist as: a Pessimist that does not have all the facts yet.
Sad but true, because facts do not matter when compared to how it makes them feel emotionally.
Enjoy the decline.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-15-2017, 12:02 PM

Angry

I Have no words....I think its going to get worse before we see the light!!! Like father like son!!!!
Old 01-15-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medican View Post
i have no words....i think its going to get worse before we see the light!!! Like father like son!!!!
you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Hydro is water.
The word "Hydro" by itself is an incorrect term for electricity and it may take forever before this loosely used term for electricity is no longer used. One can correctly say "Hydro generated electricity" but is all of Ontario's electricity produced using hydro generation? The answer is no.

Ontario has wind generated electricity so they should not only have their "Hydro" bill but should also have a "Blow" bill.

Ontario has nuclear generated electricity so do they should have a "Nuke" bill along with their "Blow" bill and their "Hydro" bill?

I haven't researched if Ontario has any coal generated electricity but if they do then they can have a fourth electrical power bill called a "Coal" bill.

Last edited by LSLAKER; 01-15-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Banned

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/P...udeau?src=hash
Old 01-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Banned

Trudeau brings together Flames and Oilers fans.

http://debatepost.com/2017/01/15/wat...t-oilers-game/
Old 01-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're out to lunch if you think Harper did well for this country.
Right:
- lowest rate of child poverty since StatsCan started tracking it;
- lowest rate of senior's poverty since StatsCan started tracking it;
- reduced income equality since 2006;
- Stockholm's Reputation Institute rating Canada the most reputable nation in the world for 4 of Harper's last 5 years;
- got Canada through the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression better than most or all other G7 nations;
- Economist Magazine calling Harper & Merkel the defacto leaders of the West;
- the previous Finance Dept forecast (2014) projecting the Federal debt would be eliminated around 2040, contrasted with the current projection of $1.5 trillion debt by 2050 and deficits until 2055;

Given the above, assuming you're one of those who voted for Justin's "change," which of the above did you want to change?
Old 01-15-2017, 10:26 PM

Default could be worse, you could be in Ontario

The company was charged $107,698 for the green energy levy alone when they only used $13,060 worth of actual energy, as part of what is called the “global energy adjustment.”

In addition to that, delivery and regulatory fees were close to $18,000 of the total bill which was over $160,000.

In Ontario, the government agreed to pay green energy companies above market rates which results in billions of dollars in payments passed on to citizens and businesses as a result of bad government decisions.

And now, as of January 1st, Ontario businesses pay cap and trade prices for allowances on emissions, plus extra costs for fuel and natural gas.

http://www.therebel.media/ontario_bu...y_green_scheme

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 01-15-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musk e View Post
That's a lot of hours to put in per week, week after week, in dangerous industries. The NDP should legislate a maximum work week and create some jobs for others to have.......
Old 01-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
That's a lot of hours to put in per week, week after week, in dangerous industries. The NDP should legislate a maximum work week and create some jobs for others to have.......
yes
Old 01-16-2017, 08:46 AM

http://debatepost.com/2016/09/10/pol...od-job-so-far/

Pureblood!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:48 AM

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/andrew-coyne-just-keepin-it-real-with-justin-trudeau-as-he-hangs-out-with-the-commoners

Pureblood!

Tags
you could be in ontario