Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-30-2016, 05:54 PM

Default New CCFR Video - RCMP Reinterprets Magazine Regulation – Ruger 10/22

Checked & didn't see this posted yet - the CCFR (Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights) just put out a new video, the first in what will be a six part 'Explainer' series.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yLU3fKoZNS0

I've been impressed with their stuff, but this is particularly well done. They'll be putting these out for the purpose of firearms advocacy with the intent of highlighting, detailing and simplifying the issues the firearms community faces. They're making these really sharable & offering a quick look at the issues.

Link mentioned in the video:

http://gundebate.ca/rcmp-reinterpret...on-ruger-1022/
Old 12-30-2016, 05:58 PM

wow thanks for shareing
Old 01-05-2017, 07:47 AM

CCFR news release for the Explainer series:

http://m.marketwired.com/press-relea...ct-2186211.htm

Quote:
SOURCE: Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights

January 04, 2017 10:19 ET

Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights launches innovative public outreach advocacy project

OTTAWA, ON--(Marketwired - January 04, 2017) - The CCFR has adopted an advocacy through education approach to firearms rights advocacy in Canada. With the first year of operations under its belt, and membership numbers soaring steadily, President Rod Giltaca looked for an effective way for Canadian firearms owners to become their own personal advocates. He developed short, 2 minute videos with professional, corporate-style graphics, animations and sound effects. The Explainer Video series are highly shareable and very effective in simply explaining an issue or topic that concerns firearms owners.

The first in this series of 7 videos was released on December 28, 2016 on CCFR social media platforms. With almost 20 000 views in 3 days, firearms owners are enthusiastically sharing this initial video far and wide, shedding light on the Ruger 10/22 magazine issue. The video drills down into the details of the issue at hand and gives Canadian firearms owners the knowledge and even the documentation needed to successfully present their opposition to the RCMP interpretation of the regulations.

Each video will be linked to the Gundebate.ca website and have accompanying documentation to support the video message and ensure fact checking is easily done.

"These explainer videos are like commercials; quick, entertaining, attention holding pieces that any average gun owner can easily share rather than typing huge paragraphs and losing their audiences' interest. I want Canadian firearms owners to be in a position to advocate independently when needed. These videos are the tools to help them do that." -Rod Giltaca, President-Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights

The next ten weeks will see the rest of this initial series of videos be released to the public. This member-funded project solidifies the CCFR as the public relations arm of the Canadian firearms community.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Default Have they written to the Minister?

If it is the government's policy they can easily re-write the legislation adding or explicitly removing the large magazines from exempt status.

If they re-introduce the legislation we can all have our say.

In this country everything is not a conspiracy and the police are working against us.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 AM

Yeah absolutely, I'm quite certain the organization itself has written Ralph Goodale, and Bob Paulson, and the PMO on this matter. I am equally certain the organization's officers and a good number of members have done so as well. Members have also reported having contacted their members, and in many cases met with them.

As for myself, I have written all of the above with the exception of the PMO. I have also contacted, corresponded with, and then met with my MP on the 10/22 issue and the issue of Canadian firearms rights generally.

I don't think anyone seriously believes there's a conspiracy afoot or that dark forces within law enforcement are moving against the firearms community. I do however think that there's a general appreciation that the LPC and the Minister of Public Safety have made the misguided decision where firearms are concerned in allowing the RCMP to determine what is and what is not legal, a decision which is not consistent with any interpretation of democracy. I also believe that there's a general appreciation that the RCMP's decision on the matter of the 10/22 magazines is a curious bit of mental gymnastics.

I agree with you that it should be the party currently forming government that decides these matters and that such a responsibility is something that cannot simply be delegated. I also agree that should government decide firearms policy changes are required that they should enact these changes through the development of specific legislation where, as you correctly put it, we can all have our say. That is the valid interpretation of democracy, where elected officials directly responsible to the nation's citizens make the laws of Canada.

Thank you for taking the time to chime in, Densa.