Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2016, 01:36 PM

Default If you are looking for a great Ford Dealership...

Couple weeks back I started a thread about buying a pickup. I ended up talking to and visiting a number of dealerships. Right before I was about to purchase, Hal53 suggested that smaller town dealers were likely hurting more than in the city. I'm in Edmonton, and bought my last truck in Wetaskiwin, and was very happy with the experience. So, I thought I'd give Heartland Ford in Fort Saskatchewan a chance. I sent an email telling what exactly what I wanted. In a short while, I got a response from their sales manager. In 10 minutes we had a deal in which I saved $1800, and received some extras thrown in. Ironically, they ended up bringing in my truck from the city dealership where I had gotten what was the best price up until that point. They told me I could pick it up in two days. before I said yes, I thought I'd give a call to the dealership in Wetaskiwin. The gentleman I dealt with 6 years earlier told me I better shake the guy at Heartland Ford's hand before he changed his mind on the price, as he couldn't touch it. I then called back and sealed the deal.

The morning I was to pick it up, I called them to arrange a ride out to the dealership. The sales manager apologized and said that their lot was hit by a brutal hailstorm, but that I could come out and look at the truck. I drove out and the fellow met me, and three of us looked over the ruck with a fine tooth comb. All we could find were two minuscule dents on the hood, which could only be seen from a certain angle. We ended up working out a deal where they threw in close to $1000 worth of accessories because of those two tiny dents. I drove away a supremely satisfied customer.

If anyone is interested in a super smooth, low key, no game playing dealership, Heartland Ford is your place. Shoot me a pm and I will give you the name of the sales manager I dealt with.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Default Love a Happy Tale

Its great to hear good things about auto dealers, and rare these days.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Gone Fishing

So you would say the aluminum body held up well against the hail? The reason I ask is because I own a Ford with the aluminum body and don't know what to expect. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Gone Hunting

Northstar Ford in Ft. Mac. The drive is worth it. Bought a F-150 Lariat over the phone, loaded for bear, including sunroof, and aftermarket extras for $9,000. less than I could locally. It was the only unit with the color scheme that I wanted in Canada at the time. The local dealer, when informed what it was available for in Ft. Mac, refused to match the price, and told me to shop there. $9000 in my pocket & 3 hr drive - well worth it!!
Old 08-11-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
So you would say the aluminum body held up well against the hail? The reason I ask is because I own a Ford with the aluminum body and don't know what to expect. Thanks in advance.
Hard to say. My truck was sheltered by the building, so it was in the best place it could be. Their whole lot was damaged. They had a $100k Hennessey Mustang that looked like a gorilla wearing golf cleats jumped all over it.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Hopefully their service has improved. They charged me $87 to check my coolant(diesel) Vegreville Ford did it for nothing. And that is only one of my complaints. I have others but I'm not going to air to much dirty laundry here.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:08 PM

Small town dealers are the way to go, I bought a new Super Duty last fall in Westlock, I tried City Ford and they just beat around the bush trying to figure out how to screw me. Westlock was straight to the point, they will give me this for my truck and they want this for there truck. We did the deal and I was going to give them a deposit and the salesmen said no a hand shake was all he needed. I like that where a man's word and a hand shake still mean something.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:40 PM

I had been dealing with Heartland on a used truck, good guys. Good price. I missed out as it sold before i could get there. I better email them, i dont mind hail. I am a trained and ticketed bodyman
Old 08-12-2016, 06:13 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I am a trained and ticketed bodyman

I gotta remember that...... after SUB frames & cage there is a lot of metal to remove from the rear area of the newest build, then metal repair at the back of the rocks/wheel well areas......
Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 AM

I think its funny that Hal suggested a "small town" dealer, and you went to Fort Saskatchewan.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I think its funny that Hal suggested a "small town" dealer, and you went to Fort Saskatchewan.
The Fort Dealers still feel small town. Unless its changed the Chevy dealership is still owned by a single family and it's the only dealership they own. Way better service then what you'd get from some of the other groups around Edmonton.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Couple weeks back I started a thread about buying a pickup. I ended up talking to and visiting a number of dealerships. Right before I was about to purchase, Hal53 suggested that smaller town dealers were likely hurting more than in the city. I'm in Edmonton, and bought my last truck in Wetaskiwin, and was very happy with the experience. So, I thought I'd give Heartland Ford in Fort Saskatchewan a chance. I sent an email telling what exactly what I wanted. In a short while, I got a response from their sales manager. In 10 minutes we had a deal in which I saved $1800, and received some extras thrown in. Ironically, they ended up bringing in my truck from the city dealership where I had gotten what was the best price up until that point. They told me I could pick it up in two days. before I said yes, I thought I'd give a call to the dealership in Wetaskiwin. The gentleman I dealt with 6 years earlier told me I better shake the guy at Heartland Ford's hand before he changed his mind on the price, as he couldn't touch it. I then called back and sealed the deal.

The morning I was to pick it up, I called them to arrange a ride out to the dealership. The sales manager apologized and said that their lot was hit by a brutal hailstorm, but that I could come out and look at the truck. I drove out and the fellow met me, and three of us looked over the ruck with a fine tooth comb. All we could find were two minuscule dents on the hood, which could only be seen from a certain angle. We ended up working out a deal where they threw in close to $1000 worth of accessories because of those two tiny dents. I drove away a supremely satisfied customer.

If anyone is interested in a super smooth, low key, no game playing dealership, Heartland Ford is your place. Shoot me a pm and I will give you the name of the sales manager I dealt with.

Heres the problem, all sales men are the same. They will do anything to sell you a truck. After you deal with the service end of that place (and you will cuz you bought a Ford) let us know how it goes.
When I bought my wife a car the sales team could'nt do enough. When it needed warenty work done to it, it was like I wanted the guys first child.
Good luck with your new truck. I hope you get better service than I did.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Heres the problem, all sales men are the same. They will do anything to sell you a truck. After you deal with the service end of that place (and you will cuz you bought a Ford) let us know how it goes.
When I bought my wife a car the sales team could'nt do enough. When it needed warenty work done to it, it was like I wanted the guys first child.
could not of said it better
Old 08-12-2016, 09:01 PM

Do not go to Sherwood Ford. I know for a FACT that they PAY people to REMOVE negative reviews. Having dealt with them myself and having several buddies gone there as well the overall experience is negative. Very snobby management.

The fact they pay people and organizations to remove bad reviews just totally destroys any credibility they have. Never going there again.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:53 PM

We got our vehicle from DK ford in Leduc, bought it over the phone, I knew what I wanted to spend, and I told them I don't want to pay tax and documentation fees and they granted my wish.

Browns Jeep/dodge in Westlock did the same for me 5 years ago, and it was worth the trip from Red deer.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:16 PM

Default Small town Ford dealers

Thank you for starting this thread. I live in Grande Prairie but I recently purchased my third vehicle from Peace River Ford, a two hour drive away. When the one salesman at a Ford dealer here in Grande Prairie told me he knew Ford trucks better than me, and that therefore I needed to pay his price, I walked out of the dealership. When I made an appointment with the second dealership in Grande Prairie and the salesman decided to keep me waiting 25 minutes passed our appointment and then delayed giving me a trade in price for my vehicle for over two weeks, ( I never did get a price) I was glad to go back to the dealership in Peace River who offered me a top trade in value for my vehicle, and made the purchase as painless as possible. Two out of the three vehicles I purchased from them were delivered right to my door in Grande Prairie. The only reason the third wasn't was because I wanted to test drive and pick my options before I committed to the sale. I wouldn't be surprised that if you know what you want, they might deliver anywhere in the province. They made purchasing a vehicle a much better experience!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:23 PM

I wouldn't touch either Ford dealer in Wetaskiwin ever again, bought vehicles at both. Last Vehicle from Denhams had problems right from the day I picked it up, fought with them for over a month and it still wasn't properly resolved. And tried to bill me for every last nickel. Last thing the service manager said was "come back and see us for your oil changes".........yeah sure.

WC
Old 08-13-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Grounds Coffee View Post
Do not go to Sherwood Ford. I know for a FACT that they PAY people to REMOVE negative reviews. Having dealt with them myself and having several buddies gone there as well the overall experience is negative. Very snobby management.

The fact they pay people and organizations to remove bad reviews just totally destroys any credibility they have. Never going there again.
Same for Peterson GM and Sherwood Chev. Both owned by the same people and absolutely brutal buying experience. Would never go back their EVER.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:39 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Awesome to hear a dealership willing to do right for the client.
Vary rare now a days for sure.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-13-2016, 11:10 AM

I'm going to throw Koch Ford in Athabasca into the ring. Great service, top dollar on my trade and drove away the same day. Great guys there, after the fiasco at Kentwood on the northside where they try to get all of your financing done before even showing you a truck. Kentwood Ford is an awful awful place I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Go the distance to Athabasca, it's worth it.

LB
Old 01-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Starting to look for a replacement to my current truck as I'm coming off warranty in the next 4-6 months, so thought I'd bump this thread.

I've bought two vehicles from Metro Ford here in Calgary, and they will be the first lot that I go visit because of the fair and responsive service that I get from my service advisor there.

Other than that, I've had bad dealings with Advantage Ford in Calgary and won't step foot in there.

I bought my 2010 F150 from Festival Ford in Red Deer, but the sales guy I trusted has since moved on.

I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere in the province for the right deal. Essentially I will be looking for a trade-in of my current truck (provided that the offer is equal to or more than my payoff value) and bump into a newer version.

Anyone have any recent good experiences at a dealership?
Old 01-16-2017, 02:03 PM

I have always been treated well at universal ford. Although I have bought my last 4 trucks from the same sales guy. He did me a solid getting me top dollar for my last trade in. He was honest and told me the dealer wouldn't give me the best price so he brought in a wholesaler that offered 10k more for the truck and then he added another 1k and the free oil change and discounted service membership thing for 4years. I didn't even buy brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 02:13 PM

Looking for a great Ford dealership ?

Right beside the unicorn store.

Grizz
Old 01-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Banned

Heartland is the place that my father took his 65' thunderbird to to get the brakes done, they put THE WRONG BRAKES ON, locked his transmission then dragged it until the tranny broke lose, then charged him for the repair!!!

He bright it to an independent mechanic who identified the problem and fixed it. My dad is trying to get a settlement from them right now.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:52 PM

Heartland Ford service two thumbs up. Go before 10:00 am. Spend $5.00 on top of your oil change, ask for the breakfast in Cafeteria. Receive Canadian Breakfast. Sausage, eggs, coffee, hash browns toast, while wait for service to be completed. Take your Mac, log into AO forum, while you wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Old 01-16-2017, 06:40 PM

Default Buying or service ... different apparently?

I got a much better deal and way more attention to my wants/needs from a "small town" dealership in 2014 when I decided to buy a new F150. The city guys just couldn't match and didn't appear interested in meeting my wants and needs. But, I found their service approach to be kind of indifferent, not to mention inconvenient - not necesarily "bad", but just kind of not appearing to care if they got the job(?). So, I have been taking the truck to Waterloo Ford in Edmonton for regular maintenance after the first time. I have no idea what they are like to buy from, but their service enthusiasm and attention has been outstanding. They conscientiously follow up, keep track and remind me, and just seem to really want the business, and have been very reasonable on approach.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:45 PM

Anyone have dealings with Cam Clark in Airdrie? They seem to have some decent stock of what i'm looking for.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:47 PM

Default Buying

I went to D&D Sales in Camrose for our new F350 and the price was substantially lower than what dealers were providing us in Edmonton. Before that the Chev I bought was from Hanna Motor products and again a very good deal. It is worth taking a look at the smaller centres.

Service I will shop around and go with the group that is interested in me and keeping my truck in good shape. I find service can change quickly depending on the manager.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=Albertadiver;3445105]Anyone have dealings with Cam Clark in Airdrie? They seem to have some decent stock of what i'm looking for.[/QUOTE

Pm me...
Old 01-17-2017, 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=bubba 96;3445142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Anyone have dealings with Cam Clark in Airdrie? They seem to have some decent stock of what i'm looking for.[/QUOTE

Pm me...
Thanks for the PM Bubba, I replied but your inbox is full. Will check out that other possibility you mentioned.