Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 11:03 AM

Question Adanac Road

Hi guys,
I am going camping this weekend off Carbondale, and would like to take the "short cut" of Adanac Road off Hillcrest.
Just wondering if any of you guys have been driving on it recently and how is the road condition this year.
Usually with my 4 x 4 it was ok for all the past year, but this time I will be hauling a camper, so thought I'd better check.
Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 07-06-2016, 05:33 PM

It's in good condition just don't get going to fast when going down to the Carbondale. You can also access that area from hwy 507 by turning west about 5 kms south of Lee lake. It is marked and in better condition with very small changes in elevation as you are driving the bottom of a east- west valley. This route is probably shorter than the Adanac. In case you didn't know the Adanac road is Canada spelled backwards and was a Coal mine on that road long ago.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:54 PM

I cruise that road all the time! You can get long-toed salamanders on it and boreal toads.
Also, do not take it in early April, haha. This girl ended up having to reverse down a mountain to get out safely.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 07-06-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
I cruise that road all the time! You can get long-toed salamanders on it and boreal toads.
Also, do not take it in early April, haha. This girl ended up having to reverse down a mountain to get out safely.
You should go to the water treatment building in Frank Arachno as they have a couple different big salamanders in Aquariums. They have places where they see them often and the fellows who work there are easy to get along with.