Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-20-2016, 02:14 AM

Default Brook Trout Fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcP9M7f-Y3c

Ice fishing for eastern brook trout can be a lot of fun especially during the early ice season. First ice is a great time to be out fishing as long as you are careful when heading out. Once your local brook trout pond freezes over you can use the tips in this video to locate brook trout and convince them to bite even on the slow days. In this video I was using a Marcum VX - 1 Pro and a silver and red slender spoon 1/8 oz tipped with a small piece of cocktail shrimp. These brook trout are stocked as All Female Triploids so they do not display normal spawning behavior and therefore fishing varies a bit for these fish early ice from the usual diploid spawning brook trout. These lakes are often heavily stocked so don't feel bad if you'd like to take something home to eat that is the reason these fish are put in the lakes. Best of luck to you on the ice this season!

Can't wait 6 days and counting till I have two weeks off to ice fish... heading to Alberta, the homeland! See you on the ice.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 12-20-2016, 10:08 AM

Nice job and video Brandon good luck out there can't wait you hear how you make out on your endevours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bluZebec View Post
Nice job and video Brandon good luck out there can't wait you hear how you make out on your endevours

I'm excited to see what gets pulled out of the ice this year as well... can't wait. Just have to drop my hook in the right hole!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 PM

That's right what's scary is it's just like gambling. You can't win if you don't play and to make it pay off consistently you need to put your time in. we have so little snow too that it makes for easy travel to get anywhere and exciting looking at the ice in 3D

Old 12-20-2016, 10:13 PM

Great video as always
Look forward to your Alberta vids over the next month or so sir

Old 12-21-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bluZebec View Post
That's right what's scary is it's just like gambling. You can't win if you don't play and to make it pay off consistently you need to put your time in. we have so little snow too that it makes for easy travel to get anywhere and exciting looking at the ice in 3D
I know I'm super excited... last year was a write off for exploring with difficult truck travel due to snow and wash water on a lot of lakes right into March. It was awful. This year should be smooth sailing, search and destroy. We just need a skiff of snow to cut down the light a bit so they arn't being scared off from us on the top side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdep View Post
Great video as always
Look forward to your Alberta vids over the next month or so sir
Thanks... I hope we get some good stuff. I just have to keep the cameras running.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:10 AM

Good post ! Keep us up to date on your adventures !

Tags
brook trout, ice fishing