Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-04-2016, 01:04 PM

Default Fishing in Yellowknife

Dear Sirs
I am a teacher from Italy, with a passion for pike fishing. The next june I will probably come to Yellow Knife to do some pike fishing (C&R), and I would like to know if it is possible to fish from the shore on the Great Slave Lake being based in the city. Coming from Italy, I probably won't be able to use a boat, so any suggestions would be more than appreciated, since I literally don't know nothing of the place, except that it's very good for fishing.
Thank you everybody
Kind regards
Andrea Penso
Old 01-04-2016, 02:25 PM

Default Guide

Considering the cost of coming from Italy I would think having a guide would make the trip much more efficient at finding the fish. I have hunted out of Yellowknife with a guide and think the owner operated a fishing charter as well call Blue Fish.
Tundra Monkey will probably chime in soon and make recommendations but he will also be able to say if Blue fish is still operating. I believe his name was Greg and guided and fished with us for big lake trout and grayling after we filled our caribou tags.

http://bluefishservices.ca/

Last edited by wwbirds; 01-04-2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add link
Old 01-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Banned

There is great fishing at the ice bridge on the Mackenzie River. And many good spots just past Yellowknife. There is lots of shore fishing within a hour or two. And I'm sure you'll find a way onto a boat or two, there's a lake just east of town that rents fishing boats. We caught some big pike and a few lakers there.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:19 PM

Thumbs up fishing

TRY Greg Robertson has a charter fishing out Yellowknife for pike and trout ,tell him randy says hi .
Old 01-04-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renso View Post
Dear Sirs
I am a teacher from Italy, with a passion for pike fishing. The next june I will probably come to Yellow Knife to do some pike fishing (C&R), and I would like to know if it is possible to fish from the shore on the Great Slave Lake being based in the city. Coming from Italy, I probably won't be able to use a boat, so any suggestions would be more than appreciated, since I literally don't know nothing of the place, except that it's very good for fishing.
Thank you everybody
Kind regards
Andrea Penso
Yes you can fish from shore from many locations along town, you can also rent a canoe and stick to smaller bays casting a daredevil or anything shiny! Lots of charters too as an option!
Cheers
Old 01-05-2016, 12:39 PM

When i was younger and use to go visit my aunt up there i use to catch some big pike just off the shore of jackfish lake by the airport, just past the cemetary.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:54 PM

There are shore fishing spots in and around Yellowknife, if you want to get out in a boat for a half day you can try contacting me on here. If I'm in town at the time I should be able to take you out for an afternoon of Pike fishing.