Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 PM

Default Vortex Diamond back BDC

I was looking at purchasing a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 BDC scope for my Ruger 243, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on them positive or negative. Thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM

Not a bad scope for the price. A little fuzzy at full zoom at the closer distances but seems to be better further out. Moa adjustments seem to track well and never lost zero on my 270wsm. Theres better scope out there for a little extra money but still nothing wrong with it for the price.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhaulerhunter View Post
Not a bad scope for the price. A little fuzzy at full zoom at the closer distances but seems to be better further out. Moa adjustments seem to track well and never lost zero on my 270wsm. Theres better scope out there for a little extra money but still nothing wrong with it for the price.
Thanks, I have a 3-9x40 Leupold Rifleman on my 30-06 and I really like it and they are not much more, just don't shoot this gun very much so don't want to spend too much, I have read good reviews online on Wholesales website etc but you never know with those things.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Default Vortex

The Diamond Back is a decent scope for the bucks and the warranty is a good one.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 PM

I find the crosshairs way too fine for me and get lost when looking through brush. I settled on the Nikon but my buddy bought the vortex and he is happy with it. It just might be my bad eyes.